• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:10 PM

As you all know, recently we were hit with a major spam attack from digibliss and then a refresh attack and then a REAL DoS attack where many of you might have seen codex become really laggy. Through all of this, there has been a few things that have come out of it. here is a list...

Members with the names Digiblissisthebest, digirawks, digirawks1, digirawks2, digirawks3 and F*** Codex have been banned, their ips have been logged, and if need be, I will report them to the FBI (soon as I figure out how to do that :p ) just like digibliss clai'ms that they have reported us.

I have sent an email to godaddy.com (their host) and they will be reviewing digibliss' account in the next 24 hours. I will let you know how that goes. here is what I sent them:

Hello, my name is Faraaz Sareshwala and I go by Hydrogen online. I am an administrator at neocodex (http://www.ncodex.com) and during the last few hours, there has been activity, illegal activity, from one of your clients, digibliss.net (you host them I believe) that I think you should be aware of.

Firstly, let me explain our business on the internet. We are both two different message boards who pride themselves in being one of the top 5 neopets communities online. We help people raise their status in the online game neopets which can be located at www.neopets.com.

In the last few hours, digibliss.net and its members have issued groups to spam our boards with messages like this one: http://I'mg32.I'mageshack.us/I'...indigibliss.jpg (this one was taken at our boards, we are currently offline to prevent further spam attacks like this). To see the extent of the spam, I offer you this screenshot: http://I'mg39.I'mageshack.us/I'...screenieone.jpg

we have had users sign up on our boards with usernames like F*** codex, JoinDigiblissNow, Digiblissisthebest, CodexWillDie...you get the picture. Not only are these usernames containing direct threats towards us, but they also violate our no advertising of other boards with the neopets genre.

Not only has digibliss spammed our boards thoroughly, but a lot of slander has come out of one of the main admins at digibliss, neo_grl, who is leaving digibliss because of shame from the events that she ordered to take place.

One last issue that I would like you to know about is the biggest one. One we are prepared to take digibliss.net to court if we have to is the latest Denial of Service attack that has fallen upon us. Here is an IRC log of their conversations. http://home.ripway.c...67/DigiLogs.txt

also, here is where an admin from digibliss almost admits that the Denial of Service is taking place. http://I'mg33.I'mageshack.us/I'...52/DoSproof.jpg

We have the ip addresses of the spam and DoS offenders and will be getting in touch with the correct parties to resolve this issue.

Please take this matter into consideration and please take action against this website. I do not want to be forced to take legal action as Denial of Service is a federal cri'me, along with the advertising of false clai'ms as digibliss has never failed to do.

Thank you for your ti'me and help, I humbly await your response.
Faraaz Sareshwala (Hydrogen) (www.ncodex.com)

A list of evidence of digibliss' illegal activity is here:[list=1][*]http://I'mg32.I'mageshack.us/I'mg32/4241/joindigibliss.jpg - we see a post of what the spam attacks looked like.[*]http://I'mg39.I'mageshack.us/I'mg39/645/screenieone.jpg - the extent of the spam attack[*]http://home.ripway.com/2003-2/267/DigiLogs.txt - a log of the Digibliss IRC channel where we see Pyro in a Cage admitting to DoSing us...we also see that Neo_grl offered 15 million neopoints to whoever could take down codex by spamming us, she I'mplied DoS.[*]http://I'mg33.I'mageshack.us/I'mg33/8152/DoSproof.jpg - a digibliss admin Revivalofrl admitting to the DoS happenning...

ah we see the true side of digibliss...In the irc channel we find that neo_grl is now leaving/being banned from digibliss because of her 15 million neopoint contest.

NOTE: Codex did NOT at any ti'me DoS digibliss back. Other people may have in an attempt to protect their own site but codex did not authorize these attacks.

This is all the news for now, there will be more news to come :( as soon as things unveil. you can still find some remnants of the spam attack on the board as we chose to leave a bit to remind us what happened and to humble us since it is not good to get cocky :D ...

#2 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:09 PM

Lets hope they get shut down then no worrys.  but after they get shut down some of there loyal members might try to mess wit this site. :( angry at Digi :D

#3 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:10 PM

<b3nt> she offered 15million nps to spam ncodex

0_0 I knew she was a jerk but.......Damn!

she should be shot in the street....

#4 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:23 AM

this is the most updated news thread...try and keep this at the top :( thank you.

#5 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:25 AM

damn, I couldnt do anything cause I was in bed :(

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:40 AM

damn, I couldnt do anything cause I was in bed :(

lol, its aite, its already been handled mostly, just need the third parties to review the evidence now :D

#7 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:24 AM

Wow.. I miss so much by being asleep... I always knew Digibliss were I'mmature when it came to this, but that is way too far. They will lose the little respect they actually have left, all because they couldn't keep stuff like that to themselves. It really makes you pity them.. what kind of lives do they lead?

#8 Stew

Stew
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:55 AM

I think we may have pushed her over the edge on NpH.

#9 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:12 AM

:nana: Anyhow, DoS attacks seems to be serious. Anywayz, is Faraaz Sareshwala Hydro's real name? Wow, it Rocks!!!!! :D

Edited by xx_WLT_xx, 23 June 2004 - 04:13 AM.

#10 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:16 AM

:nana: Anyhow, DoS attacks seems to be serious. Anywayz, is Faraaz Sareshwala Hydro's real name? Wow, it Rocks!!!!! :D

Lol The name roxors. DoS is ILLEGAL. Thats why its such a big deal.

#11 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:22 AM

:wallbash: Why did I have to be grounded? :wallbash:

#12 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:26 AM

Hey, you're grounded? me, I can only access the internet during dinner as school has already started :nana:   Anywayz, I'll try to post everyday :D

#13 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:39 AM

WHAT!? school started for you NOW? Doesnt it END now?

Hehe I had to fit these in somewhere  :nana: lol.

#14 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:49 AM

xx_WLT_xx is ina hotter country though.
But back ontopic, well, taking a leaf out of Ali's book, I tried being peaceful and lovely. I made a peaceful board on digi, saying that the entire feud is stupid. One of the mods agreed with me, but obviously an admin appeared, saw it and banned me.
I tried my best not to insult anyone as well. How rude.

#15 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:58 AM

Oh that was YOU? The one who made the thread about not fightng with digi anymore? I agree with you. Even though they doSed us, there are a couple of good members still there. Valensin yu roxor :nana:

#16 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:21 AM

Glad that's over, plus, before they set out on the attack, the admins turn registering off :nana: They  were trying to hide from an attack back lol. Good to have this a cleared up as possible.

edit: I forgot to ask, whats a DoS Attack? does it have to do with bandwith?

Edited by Darkness, 23 June 2004 - 05:38 AM.

#17 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:27 AM

Luckilly I got a tip from someone before it happened, or it could have gotten much worse..........

#18 Stew

Stew
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:28 AM

Glad that's over, plus, before they set out on the attack, the admins turn registering off :nana: They  were trying to hide from an attack back lol. Good to have this a cleared up as possible

They had registration already closed for a week or so.

#19 Jakezilla

Jakezilla
  • 1834 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:17 AM

is it me, or is that guy saying that we are DoSing them? o.0

Anywho, DIGIBLISS.NET IS GONE!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

#20 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:19 AM

Actually, digibliss is still there, but it may not stay there.

#21 HoHoMaN90

HoHoMaN90
  • 674 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:01 AM

alas, the war begins again. I believe you all now who said this:

Victory? Victory you say? Master Obiwan not Victory. The shroud of the Dark Side has fallen... Begun the clone war has *funky starwars music*

-Master Yoda

HoHoMaN90

#22 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:06 AM

Keep us updated Hydro. by the way: Invision sucks for BB codes. You'd better switch to vB :D PM me and I'll admin the test thingy, get it set up like here so people can see what it's like then vote :D

#23 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:10 AM

-snorts- I hate vb, but whatever works :D

Edited by Neo Wizkid, 23 June 2004 - 07:11 AM.

#24 Jakezilla

Jakezilla
  • 1834 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:27 AM

Ok then, everyone donate to my paypal account, and we will buy Vbulletin.. :D

#25 Guest_Scion_of_balance_*

Guest_Scion_of_balance_*

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:50 AM

<b3nt> she offered 15million nps to spam ncodex

0_0 I knew she was a jerk but.......Damn!

she should be shot in the street....

where does the  CENSORED live? :guns:  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users