Neopets.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Harley

Harley
  • 3138 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:01 PM

Debate about weather you think:

If neocodex offered 1 million dollars to be advertised on Neopets.com.

Do you think Neopets would take the bribe? Lol.

I reckon they would :p

#2 Siner

Siner
  • 1120 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:07 PM

No way, the owners of Neopets (viacom) can make more then that... And everyone would start cheating and the game would no longer be fun. :(

#3 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

I highly doubt that.

Neopets can probably make long-term profit if their site stays open.

Their site won't stay open if Neocodex is introduced to every legit Neopian.

#4 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:19 PM

No way, it would not happen.
  • They can make way more than that.
  • The game would no longer be fun.
  • I like it when only a few people have access to cheating :p Make the Legit players jealous :p

#5 |nfinite

|nfinite
  • 181 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:46 PM

Only $1 Million?

In the Business World, that is a very minscule amount of money. I'm sure that McDonalds and Cartoon Network etc...Pay Neopets in the "Millions" of Dollars Category.

By the way, where would Codex mysteriously come up with a million dollars?

#6 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:21 AM

By the way, where would Codex mysteriously come up with a million dollars?

bend down :p

personally neopets wouldnt accept it and I would let codex do it either and we could easily post it on the neo boards :p

#7 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:34 AM

Hmm, I think they probarbly have like rules against it, but imagine if they did take the bribe!

#8 magda11us

magda11us
  • 343 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:52 AM

No, sense they make more money. It would not be fun if everyone cheated.

#9 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:01 PM

If it did happen, we would have to make it so that having access to programs would be further resticted. As it is now, just about all but the laziest of n00bs can come here and get the public programs. We we had all of Neopia come in ringing the door bell, it would be hell on the forums asking how to use/get the programs. Think of all the spamming that was done on GzP. Sure, Neopets would be a million richer, but all we would end up with is a big hassle.

#10 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:06 PM

They already have $120 billion, they don't need another million. :blink: lol.

#11 Aaron

Aaron
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:18 AM

I think they would be tempted,I mean look at some of the Ad's they have now :p

#12 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:04 AM

neopets has 120 billion! wowers.. :o

#13 |nfinite

|nfinite
  • 181 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:20 AM

I don't know about $120 Billion...

I highly doubt they have more money than Bill Gates....

#14 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:37 PM

Viacom's owner, Sumner Redstone, is only worth $8 billion. And his value is dropping, because Viacom's stock is dropping.

Viacom and Paramount merged back in 2000, but apparently that didn't work out too well, because back in June, Viacom split up Paramount/VH1/MTV (thus Neopets), and CBS/Infinity Broadcasting back into two different shares. (Which I guess will take effect in 2006).

And stock is still dropping! Literally at an all-time low. Poor Viacom.

Now, Paramount is going to buy DreamWorks for $1.6 billion, so that SHOULD help. And their stock is expected to rise in the next few months.

Edited by Casilla, 11 December 2005 - 12:38 PM.

#15 jrtheman

jrtheman
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:41 PM

No way, it would not happen.

• They can make way more than that.
  • The game would no longer be fun.
  • I like it when only a few people have access to cheating :p Make the Legit players jealous :p

I totally agree!!

#16 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:59 PM

If they did then I would quit neopets if it didnt shut down before me

#17 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:38 PM

1 million is nothing. I don't think theyd go for any bribes until about 20 million for a small amount of ads.

#18 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:01 PM

lol, good question.

made me think

Yes- come on, it is neopets! what would they not do for money?

No- Viacom has more sense then that, but do they care about neopets... no! they just want money so when it comes down to the core I think... YES!

#19 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:09 PM

lol, good question.

made me think

Yes- come on, it is neopets! what would they not do for money?

No- Viacom has more sense then that, but do they care about neopets... no! they just want money so when it comes down to the core I think... YES!

But the more people that realize that there is cheating going on and the more that people DO cheat, the more money they lose in advertisements. When you have a program automate loading the pages, the user does not see the page and the advertisements it contains. Now, a small percentage of the people that actually see the advertisements will click one, and an even smaller percentage will actually buy the product. If the majority of people are not actually viewing the page then the amount of people who buy the products will shrink even more, and advertisers will not want to pay to advertise on the site. By advertising a site like Codex they are losing money.

#20 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:18 PM

Viacom's owner, Sumner Redstone, is only worth $8 billion. And his value is dropping, because Viacom's stock is dropping.

Viacom and Paramount merged back in 2000, but apparently that didn't work out too well, because back in June, Viacom split up Paramount/VH1/MTV (thus Neopets), and CBS/Infinity Broadcasting back into two different shares. (Which I guess will take effect in 2006).

And stock is still dropping! Literally at an all-time low. Poor Viacom.

Now, Paramount is going to buy DreamWorks for $1.6 billion, so that SHOULD help. And their stock is expected to rise in the next few months.

Good. I'm tired of 95 percent of my media market being owned by five companies. Split that up.

Personally, I know that we could purchase add space, but with the amount of traffic that neopets gets, we could never pay for it all. Especially considering nothing on codex is making codex money (the adds go to support our server) so it'd be coming out of our pocket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users