• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:07 AM

Whats the better gaming console PSP or DS

I personally think PSP but meh (elian is gonna kill me for saying this but) I really hate ds

#2 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:38 AM

PSP! PSP! PSP! *chanting*

#3 magda11us

magda11us
  • 343 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:11 AM

Lol psp of course and DS lost.

#4 Vegas

Vegas
  • Why So Serious?

• 2323 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:05 AM

PSP>DS
Ratio PSP:DS 100:0
Psp is like a m4 and ds is like a knife...no competition

#5 lookie1st

lookie1st
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:07 PM

PSP for sure. So much potential. I wish more games would be released soon though.

#6 Archon

Archon
  • 2142 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:17 PM

DS outsold the PSP by a ton. PSP has terrible games and the movie function aint so great. ( You can only hold one movie) Just get an ipod video.

DS

#7 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:17 PM

DS has just as much potential :p . The new mario kart is probably the best hand held game out there, the new mario & luigi is supposedly pretty cool. Advance wars, castlevania and several other titles.

plus... a new side scrolling mario. NO ONE can say no to that :p

#8 DaMaG3

DaMaG3
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:06 PM

Pffft PSP owns DS...

#9 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:13 PM

All of you psp lovers rarely support your arguments with evidence. Some of ya are probably just ps fanboys :/

#10 Siner

Siner
  • 1120 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:19 PM

Whoever says DS is an _ _ _ _ _. It's a five letter word that starts with I.

PSP!

All of you psp lovers rarely support your arguments with evidence. Some of ya are probably just ps fanboys :/

The reason the stupid DS needs evidence is because it sucks at everything. Whereas the PSP rocks, and just saying PSP is the best explains everything.

#11 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:19 PM

Don't just harass me magnus, you had best support your argument <_< . Doesn't make you too smart if you just call people of opposing views names and don't back up your own words.

#12 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:23 PM

None of the PSP games entertain me.
So therefore in my head DS > PSP

Oh and I will admit I'm a nintendo fanboy.
"I'm Link and I'll save the princess in Mushroom Kingdom and then I'll go to Dreamland and smack Kirby for dressing up as me!"

I've said enough.

#13 Siner

Siner
  • 1120 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:27 PM

Don't just harass me magnus, you had best support your argument <_< . Doesn't make you too smart if you just call people of opposing views names and don't back up your own words.

Fine.

How the hell does the PSP video support suck? YOUR DS DOESN'T EVEN HAD VIDEO! :rolleyes: And even if it did, it would be all pixelated and look like crap. Like something from SNES.

COMPARE:

Ridge Racer DS to Ridge Racer PSP

DS
Posted Image

PSP
Posted Image

That explains a lot.

Also Need for Speed: Most Wanted will own Mario Kart anyday. ;)

Posted Image

Mario Kart in lieu to Most Wanted.

Posted Image

Also, the hackablity(made-up word :p ) features are far beyond the limitations of DS. For god sakes, you can have your own customizable OS, web browsers, game emulators etc etc.

WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT A TOUCH SCREEN!

#14 Archon

Archon
  • 2142 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:32 PM

Great, so now you're a graphics whore eh?

Psp may have great graphics and all but the games on it aren't very entertaining.

And watching movies on the PSP is just a hassle, just get an ipod video. :D

Edited by Archon, 05 December 2005 - 01:33 PM.

#15 Siner

Siner
  • 1120 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:38 PM

Great, so now you're a graphics whore eh?

Psp may have great graphics and all but the games on it aren't very entertaining.

Wow, that's a very enticing arugument. Good job here is a cookie.

WOW LYK ONG MARIO KART IS SO MUCH FUN, I CAN DRIVE AROUND IN A MUSHROOM!

I'm assuming you have never played Metal Gear, or Socom 3 or Grand Theft Auto. If you haven't, I have no clue where you have been buddy. DS is based for 10-12 year olds, who can't play fun and exciting action games, so they have to resort to boring bumper car games that you could find on the net as a flash game.

How is it a hassle? I bought a 1 gig memory stick from ebay for 50$ and I can play almost any movie I want at the click of a button? If you can't complete a task as simple as that... I don't know what we are going to do with you...

#16 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:38 PM

Yes being hackable has been a trademark of Sony :rolleyes:

Urm but anyway, I guess it's time to bring the big guns

Posted Image

And SNES ROCK in some kind og nostalgic way

#17 Siner

Siner
  • 1120 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:45 PM

Yes being hackable has been a trademark of Sony :rolleyes:

Urm but anyway, I guess it's time to bring the big guns

Posted Image

And SNES ROCK in some kind og nostalgic way

Nintendogs? You have got to be kidding me? Have you ever been to the website?

Like I said all the games for Nintendo are childish. Thus I have come to a conclusion that you cannot really compare the two. One is solely based on children 8-12, whereas the PSP is for 13+. Have you not noticed the cheap plastic case the DS is uniformed of? That's so the carless 10 year olds don't break it if it drops.

Graphics whore? The quality of gameplay is not limited to a system - it's about the game publishers, graphics just adds a lot more realism and excitement to it.

And yes, I prefer the PSP.

True-say.

#18 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:50 PM

I'd take a fun racer over a realistic one anyday xD . If I needed good graphics I'd buy a PS2. I will take Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi, Metroid, Viewtiful Joe, Castlevania, Soinc Rush, Advance Wars, Wario Ware instead of MGS or GTA :p . Calling the DS chilidish is just silly. Is it childish to like NES games even though they don't have super graphics and feature excessive violence? Is it childish to enjoy a game of sonic or mario becuase they aren't realistic looking? Is it childish to enjoy Mario Kart because it relies on fun gameplay (a thing that most racers lack lately) and not on graphics?

Not to mention I'd rather keep the 100 spare bucks and pick up a couple of games.

#19 Vegas

Vegas
  • Why So Serious?

• 2323 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:10 PM

yup like its kiddie console brother gamecube(cant believe I bought that piece of crap)ds is made for the younger players and with e rated games where as psp is made for the older and mature audience and has mostly m rated games
so ir ur a kiddie kid who likes playin as a plumber beatin up turtles by jumpin on them nd then rescuin princesses rather than as a navy seal who KILLS terrorists and rescues hostages get Ds
nintendo is turnin into a 10 year old kid game company so the games wont have the fun as the sony games
and I WAS A LONG TIME NINTENDO SUPPORTER...they let me down(cept for the zelda series)

#20 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

yup like its kiddie console brother gamecube(cant believe I bought that piece of crap)ds is made for the younger players and with e rated games where as psp is made for the older and mature audience and has mostly m rated games
so ir ur a kiddie kid who likes playin as a plumber beatin up turtles by jumpin on them nd then rescuin princesses rather than as a navy seal who KILLS terrorists and rescues hostages get Ds
nintendo is turnin into a 10 year old kid game company so the games wont have the fun as the sony games
and I WAS A LONG TIME NINTENDO SUPPORTER...they let me down(cept for the zelda series)

And thus the definging problem of videogaming is pointed out. A lot of people are too concerned with the idea of the game then its gameplay. Jumping on turtles the plumber may do, but its very fun as long as you play the harder games.

Which is another beef with BOTH OF THESE THINGS. All the games are to easy today :/

#21 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:40 PM

You know whats better? Saving the money for a car payment thats whats better lol.

#22 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:45 PM

You know whats better? Saving the money for a car payment thats whats better lol.

Or a sexy guitar :p

#23 Siner

Siner
  • 1120 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:05 PM

And thus the definging problem of videogaming is pointed out. A lot of people are too concerned with the idea of the game then its gameplay. Jumping on turtles the plumber may do, but its very fun as long as you play the harder games.

Which is another beef with BOTH OF THESE THINGS. All the games are to easy today :/

The point is it is more realistic. People want to be apart of the game. When shooting it up is Socom 3, you feel as if you the character. However with Mario there is no realism to it.

People who can grasp the concepts of most of today's reality enjoy these games. Whereas weaker minded people cannot distinguish the reality and are led to acquire less evolved games. This symbolically also shows the difference between the two gamers.

#24 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

pspz0rwtfbbq

#25 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

Get ready Pyke.
PSP:
1) Games
2) Movies
3) Music
4) Photos
----
DS:
1) Games
2) .....
------

You cant upgrade the DS' firmware can you? Nope. The PSP can ONLY get better. Portable GTA...portable SOCOM....

The DS....is just another kiddie console for kids under 13.

I'd take a fun racer over a realistic one anyday xD . If I needed good graphics I'd buy a PS2. I will take Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi, Metroid, Viewtiful Joe, Castlevania, Soinc Rush, Advance Wars, Wario Ware instead of MGS or GTA :p . Calling the DS chilidish is just silly. Is it childish to like NES games even though they don't have super graphics and feature excessive violence? Is it childish to enjoy a game of sonic or mario becuase they aren't realistic looking? Is it childish to enjoy Mario Kart because it relies on fun gameplay (a thing that most racers lack lately) and not on graphics?

Not to mention I'd rather keep the 100 spare bucks and pick up a couple of games.

How about this?:
Spend the extra 100. And add those games TO YOUR PSP! (that is all the oldschool games). Now whats better?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users