Fat People

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
226 replies to this topic

#176 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

Can you stop talking about your metabolism for a minute and actually try to comprehend what we are telling you?

#177 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

Or my bodies inability to burn it, instead simply storing it?
My brother's body has the magical ability to burn everything he eats, which is usually 2 fast food meals a day.

Here's a story. It's kinda like the three bears.

My older sister is fat. And she'll probably always be fat. You know why? Because she eats too much shit. She is physically active. This bitch walks miles a day to work, up and down all kinds of stairs, and probably dances naked in her apartment all night like a freak, but she still doesn't lose any weight because she eats like a hundred times a day. If there is a bowl of jelly beans, her chubby fingers are all over them. She sits on her ass for a full hour lunch, eating Doritos and god knows what. And I can bet you if I asked her what she had for lunch today she'd tell me "vegetables, chicken, and rice." When really it was 2 bologna sandwiches, some Funyuns, a bottle of Coke, and a muthafuckin' Twinkie.

And there's me. I'm skinny. I've always been skinny because I like to work out, and whenever I do gain a few pounds, I drink more water and step up my workout. I usually eat twice a day, like your brother. I'm very busy and don't have time to sit around snacking at work and I absolutely never eat after 9pm. My fat sister always says I'm skinny because I'm lucky. Luck has nothing to do with it. I just don't eat that extra cookie, nor do I keep Snickers in my purse 'just in case'. 

And then I have younger sister who USED to be fat. She stopped drinking soda for a year, and took both a strength building and a yoga class at college last semester and she lost like 40lbs.

I suppose my fat sister just has a low metabolism? And that my younger sister had a low metabolism until she magically lost weight? And I suppose my high metabolism will prevent me from getting fat if I went and ate that whole bucket of left over Halloween candy, right?

You weight is your responsibility. Stop pretending like it's something you can't control.

#178 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Here's a story. It's kinda like the three bears.

My older sister is fat. And she'll probably always be fat. You know why? Because she eats too much shit. She is physically active. This bitch walks miles a day to work, up and down all kinds of stairs, and probably dances naked in her apartment all night like a freak, but she still doesn't lose any weight because she eats like a hundred times a day. If there is a bowl of jelly beans, her chubby fingers are all over them. She sits on her ass for a full hour lunch, eating Doritos and god knows what. And I can bet you if I asked her what she had for lunch today she'd tell me "vegetables, chicken, and rice." When really it was 2 bologna sandwiches, some Funyuns, a bottle of Coke, and a muthafuckin' Twinkie.

Exactly. People are like "but I exercise!" and then I see them eating two cinnamon buns during their FIFTEEN minute break. God knows what they eat during lunch.

I used to complain about my low metabolism, but it was because I was lazy piece of shit. Now I work out everyday and I realize I don't have a bad metabolism at all; it's pretty normal.

Also, what do Funyuns taste like? :/

Edited by Boggart, 02 November 2010 - 06:11 PM.

#179 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

I'm reading this while eating a cucumber, tomato and feta salad, laughing.

Mmmmm eating healthy feels amazing.

Exactly. People are like "but I exercise!" and then I see them eating two cinnamon buns during their FIFTEEN minute break. God knows what they eat during lunch.

I used to complain about my low metabolism, but it was because I was lazy piece of shit. Now I work out everyday and I realize I don't have a metabolism at all; it's pretty normal.

Also, what do Funyuns taste like? :/

Funyuns are onion flavored and addicting. I stay away from those bastards.

#180 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

All chips are addicting. You can never eat just one! D:

#181 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

Metabolism schmetabolism. If it's genuinely that anybody else leading your lifestyle would probably be losing weight, you need to see a doctor and have your thyroid checked etc.

Metabolism should only be to the point that some people don't need to think about what they're eating (in terms of weight alone, not health!) where as others need to be a little more careful.

Also all those people with high metabolisms? It catches up on them...

#182 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:18 PM

Also all those people with high metabolisms? It catches up on them...

Exactly. One of my friends tried to gain weight by eating junk food, but he didn't actually heat high calorie foods. Like he ate 4 double cheese burgers a day for lunch + dinner, but calorie wise, he didn't eat that much

Then he started smoking pot. And now he's getting fat heh heh.

#183 Thrive

Thrive
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

My brother does smoke pot, and eats 100% calorific foods.

You chose what you wish to believe, some people do have metabolism issues (whereas my brother can eat like a pig and not gain weight).

I myself can't burn like he does.

Also, I've never had a funyan.

#184 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

And he'll probably hit his late twenties and won't be able to stop the weight piling on.

My brother has spent years eating anything he wanted and doing fuck all in regards to exercise, stayed beanpole thin. He's now 27 and is having to try much harder than his friends to keep in shape. Starting to happen already to quite a few of my male friends especially in their early-mid 20s. I on the other hand, struggled for years, had to put so much effort in to maintain/lose weight and I probably find it easier now. Metabolisms change dramatically.

Of course metabolism issues exist. But most of them at that magnitude are due to an underlying medical issues. Sympton, not cause.

#185 shado

shado
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

It really depends on your perception of "fat".

I have a "Fat" cock... shall we debate about this? ^.-

#186 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

Thrive, you say you eat healthy, and that you are not very sedentary, thats good, but sadly not enugh for loosing weight
In order to loose weight you consume burn more than what you eat, not only being on a balance.
(In a balance you will only remain the same, obviously)

I know it's hard to change some things, but I'm sure you can loose some weight.
You should try begin doin excercise, and if it's really very hard for you to loose weight, maybe you should go with a nutritionist.
Even if you wouldn't loose weight with excercise (what is almost impossible if you really do excercise and keep eating healthy) you would feel even better :)
(If you want to loose weight maybe try some sports like soccer/basketball or begin running/doing aerobics)

#187 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

That's what we've been trying to tell this guy. -.-

#188 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

You chose what you wish to believe, some people do have metabolism issues (whereas my brother can eat like a pig and not gain weight).

I like how you don't address the issue of your magical weight gaining being outside the realm of possibility and instead say the same flawed point you already said

#189 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

I like how you don't address the issue of your magical weight gaining being outside the realm of possibility and instead say the same flawed point you already said

and that all of us acknowledged the fact that metabolism IS a factor, but not the ONLY factor

#190 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

Whoops I missed this post looking for that other dude's post

Man I see/hear about what you've said all too often. Or like someone would be at the gym for an hour but in reality they did about 10 minutes of getting ready and then 10 minutes of exercise inbetween 40 minutes of leafing through a magazine. And they then reward themselves by going to McDonalds afterwords.

Or someone complaining about their weight while drinking a soda. That always annoys me

#191 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

T

How is there any positive way of saying 'you are overweight and unhealthy, you should lose weight'? I understand the ew go run fatass thing, but if they don't listen to the 'negative' or brutally honest comments people make, why would they listen to a candy coated version?
When it comes to their health it's ultimately their decision and they can't blame other people for making them unhealthy. :/
Aside from that, this topic is mainly directed towards people who KNOW they are unhealthy and are educated on how to get healthy yet chose not to.
(this post is for UNHEALTHY overweight people.)

I'm not saying be super sweet and extra soft and sugar coat everything. Whenever there's a topic about fat people all of the people who've never had a problem with their weight rush in and immediately start criticizing, stereotyping, and beating up on fat people. That doesn't get results. Then they try to pull out their e-medical degrees like they actually give a shit about these peoples heath. When I hit puberty I gained a shit load of weight and I was picked on for my weight. So I started purging and skipping meals. I lost weight and the compliments started rolling in despite me losing a lot of weight in a short amount of time. No one gave a shit whether or not I was healthy, just that I lost the weight and conformed to the ideal. I gained weight after my treatment but now I'm comfortable in my own skin and I don't give a shit if someone dislikes my body, I love my body I eat right and I exercise. Weightloss is something that a person has to go through on their own. You can suggest that they lose weight but ultimately that decision is up to that person. And from my own experience I believe people react better to encouragement to eat right and exercise rather than criticism for having the audacity to be fat.

#192 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

I don't have an eMedical degree, but I do have a degree in Zoology.
Last I checked, humans were still animals.

#193 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:46 AM

Whoops I missed this post looking for that other dude's post

Man I see/hear about what you've said all too often. Or like someone would be at the gym for an hour but in reality they did about 10 minutes of getting ready and then 10 minutes of exercise inbetween 40 minutes of leafing through a magazine. And they then reward themselves by going to McDonalds afterwords.

Or someone complaining about their weight while drinking a soda. That always annoys me

I have a friend who for years has been crying over her inability to lose weight. She eats healthily enough but the problem is her portions are 3 times the size of anything I would eat and she grossly overestimates the effects of the gym. It's always "oh, I did in an hour in the gym, so it's okay for me to eat this!" and then wonders why weight isn't dropping off her. Probably because she's not training the same amount as Olympic athletes...*headdesk*

I'm not saying be super sweet and extra soft and sugar coat everything. Whenever there's a topic about fat people all of the people who've never had a problem with their weight rush in and immediately start criticizing, stereotyping, and beating up on fat people. That doesn't get results. Then they try to pull out their e-medical degrees like they actually give a shit about these peoples heath. When I hit puberty I gained a shit load of weight and I was picked on for my weight. So I started purging and skipping meals. I lost weight and the compliments started rolling in despite me losing a lot of weight in a short amount of time. No one gave a shit whether or not I was healthy, just that I lost the weight and conformed to the ideal. I gained weight after my treatment but now I'm comfortable in my own skin and I don't give a shit if someone dislikes my body, I love my body I eat right and I exercise. Weightloss is something that a person has to go through on their own. You can suggest that they lose weight but ultimately that decision is up to that person. And from my own experience I believe people react better to encouragement to eat right and exercise rather than criticism for having the audacity to be fat.

Thanks for YOUR stereotyping but I've "had a problem with my weight" since I was old enough to understand the concept. I struggled to lose weight for years. From my early teens until I was about 18 I was always a little overweight. Not by much but by enough to make me a target when all your friends are super slim and beautiful. Always had a small appetite, always done a bit of sport and considering I'm close to 5'9, it's not that I'm accounting for a particularly petite frame. I fully admit that some people struggle to lose weight because I've been one of them. I kept overly precise food diaries and exercise logs for a couple of years and mathematically, weight should have been falling off of me.

In the other direction, I've been overweight and underweight within the same year because I was incredibly silly and decided I wanted to be skinnier for my wedding. I did a very good job of running 5 miles a day and living on a diet of mainly dry Ryvitas, small salads with no dressing and water. It's sad because in all photos from around that time, no matter how happy I look, I look tired and pale. So again, I'm not suggesting that people are happier the skinnier they are because I'm a testament to how that just isn't true. I can't eat whatever I want like some people seemingly can and I imagine I will always be overly-conscious of my eating and exercise habits because of it. I will never be super skinny because I've got boobs and hips and no matter how small my waist is, I'll never fit into tiny sizes. At my absolute smallest I was a size 8 (US 4), a size a lot of my friends have been their entire adult lives.

I don't even need my e-medical degree thanks, it's just a well known fact that inability to lose weight is a symptom of a number of other things. Can be as simple as not getting enough sleep or a low metabolism (which even then, can be altered, it's not a set rate for your entire life). It can be PCOS (which it turned out to be in my case) or liver disease or hypothyroidism or insulin resistance or a food intolerance. It as Thrive suggests, anybody else would be losing weight if they ate and exercised as they do, they should see a doctor. Not because they definitely have something wrong but because often, inability to lose weight is the first sign people notice of something more serious and it's a very good idea to check.

I don't have an eMedical degree, but I do have a degree in Zoology.
Last I checked, humans were still animals.

<3

#194 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:23 AM

And as hypocritical as it is for me to say, I hate when people are like "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S LIKE BEING FAT" because 1) I used to think the exact same way 2) I DO understand, and yes it sucks. Then do something about it... I did.

And also, people are like "I eat healthy! I eat rice, chicken and brocolli for dinner" but if you have two servings of rice and half a roast chicken, that's like 1000 calories. If you're losing weight, then that's around half your daily intake. And It's very easy to eat more than two servings of rice for dinner. Brocolli is basically empty calories unless you eat a lot of it xD

#195 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for YOUR stereotyping but I've "had a problem with my weight" since I was old enough to understand the concept. I struggled to lose weight for years. From my early teens until I was about 18 I was always a little overweight. Not by much but by enough to make me a target when all your friends are super slim and beautiful. Always had a small appetite, always done a bit of sport and considering I'm close to 5'9, it's not that I'm accounting for a particularly petite frame. I fully admit that some people struggle to lose weight because I've been one of them. I kept overly precise food diaries and exercise logs for a couple of years and mathematically, weight should have been falling off of me.

In the other direction, I've been overweight and underweight within the same year because I was incredibly silly and decided I wanted to be skinnier for my wedding. I did a very good job of running 5 miles a day and living on a diet of mainly dry Ryvitas, small salads with no dressing and water. It's sad because in all photos from around that time, no matter how happy I look, I look tired and pale. So again, I'm not suggesting that people are happier the skinnier they are because I'm a testament to how that just isn't true. I can't eat whatever I want like some people seemingly can and I imagine I will always be overly-conscious of my eating and exercise habits because of it. I will never be super skinny because I've got boobs and hips and no matter how small my waist is, I'll never fit into tiny sizes. At my absolute smallest I was a size 8 (US 4), a size a lot of my friends have been their entire adult lives.

I don't even need my e-medical degree thanks, it's just a well known fact that inability to lose weight is a symptom of a number of other things. Can be as simple as not getting enough sleep or a low metabolism (which even then, can be altered, it's not a set rate for your entire life). It can be PCOS (which it turned out to be in my case) or liver disease or hypothyroidism or insulin resistance or a food intolerance. It as Thrive suggests, anybody else would be losing weight if they ate and exercised as they do, they should see a doctor. Not because they definitely have something wrong but because often, inability to lose weight is the first sign people notice of something more serious and it's a very good idea to check.

Did you even read what I've been posting? What I said was that people who believe that you can bully a fat person into losing weight are people who don't know what it's like to struggle with their weight.

Edited by Mishelle, 03 November 2010 - 10:44 AM.

#196 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

We're not bullying anybody. We're giving out honest to God suggestions that could help people lose weight low metabolism or not.

#197 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

We all know that some of the posts in this thread have been less than respectful.
Let me be specific so you people won't think I'm talking about EVERYONE. I'm talking about the OP.

Edited by Mishelle, 03 November 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#198 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

We all know that some of the posts in this thread have been less than respectful.
Let me be specific so you people won't think I'm talking about EVERYONE. I'm talking about the OP.

that was 5 years ago! >_<

#199 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

I know this is mean.. but im a healthy person, eat right and go gym so i always LOL at fat people for that reason :(

sorry if anyone take offecne

#200 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users