• This topic is locked This topic is locked
226 replies to this topic

#201 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

Lol. a fat spider man?

where do people come up with things like this

plus thought the spider gave him a 6pac ;)

#202 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

that was 5 years ago! >_<

And 5 years later people still do it. I guess I'm still bitter about something that happened on a different message board. I made a Love Your Body Day post on a different board, and a bunch of users basically flocked to the board flipping out because Love Your Body Day encouraged everyone to love their bodies, and by their standards "fat people shouldn't be allowed to love their bodies" and it got way off topic and there was a huge argument.

I don't believe that the body of another person is something that anyone needs to have an opinion on unless you actually care about the person's health. I highly doubt everyone cares about the health of some random fat person walking down the street.

Ugh, and this.

Edited by Mishelle, 03 November 2010 - 11:49 AM.

#203 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

I don't believe that the body of another person is something that anyone needs to have an opinion on unless you actually care about the person's health. I highly doubt everyone cares about the health of some random fat person walking down the street.

No, I confess I only care when they roll up to the pharmacy counter and bitch at me about their diabetes medication or joint pain pills for their cankles not being free through government aid (which gets taken out of my paycheck) and then they tell me to ring up their 10 packs of Nutter Butter cookies on their food stamps card. 

#204 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

and then they tell me to ring up their 10 packs of Nutter Butter cookies on their food stamps card. 

Ugh, you touched on another thing that I mega loathe. There really should be better regulation when it comes to food stamps. Not against them, just against the way they often get spent

#205 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Ugh, you touched on another thing that I mega loathe. There really should be better regulation when it comes to food stamps. Not against them, just against the way they often get spent

I actually think food stamps don't help when it comes to the obesity problem. 
If you are poor and trying to feed your kids, are you going to buy a healthy bunch of 6 bananas for $2, or are you going to buy a fatty fatty 8 boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese on sale at 4 for $1? Are you going to buy a liter of fruit juice for $3, or are you going to get a 12pk of Dr. Pepper for $2.50?
It's not an excuse. But cheap food makes you fat. And all the money saved on groceries buys you that Nintendo Wii, or high def TV, or high speed internet, or Ipod, or whatever else causes you to sit on your ass all day.
This is an evil world, and (in America anyway) people are basically being socialized to be fat, mindless zombies.

#206 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

Healthy food is pretty cheap. It's only slight more expensive, slightly more time consuming and slightly harder to make. It's just that that extra 10% is too much

I get what you're saying, but brown rice is dirt cheap, tap water is free etc etc

I think in the case we're talking about it's more the perception of healthy food being more expensive than the prices themselves

#207 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

Healthy food is pretty cheap. It's only slight more expensive, slightly more time consuming and slightly harder to make. It's just that that extra 10% is too much
I get what you're saying, but brown rice is dirt cheap, tap water is free etc etc
I think in the case we're talking about it's more the perception of healthy food being more expensive than the prices themselves

Cheap and easy sounds pretty good for people who are fat and lazy. 
YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO DRINK FROM THE TAP? It's not even Hawaiian Punch coming out the faucet. How utterly barbaric.

#208 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Cheap and easy sounds pretty good for people who are fat and lazy.
YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO DRINK FROM THE TAP? It's not even Hawaiian Punch coming out the faucet. How utterly barbaric.

well on the surface it seems good: cheaper, easier and yummier. Sadly also fatter.

#209 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

It can be psychological, sure, but it can also be a problem in their thyroid, which would be a trouble for losing weight. There are many reasons for someone to be fat, and I think we have to give them the same respect we would give to slim people. Fatness is only a problem if it affects the person's health, and then it must be treated.
Well, I was fat when I was younger, I went to Tae Kwon Do, lost a few pounds and now I feel better, but that's just me. I think people need to be in the shape they want, and must work for that, if their problem is something like laziness. In the end, we must like and take care of our body, because it's our shelter until the end of our lives, and maybe even after that...

#210 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

Please don't yell at me :(. I'm sorry, I forgot that what you guys consider a necessity us northerly barbarians consider a luxury.

Posted Image

Does this appease you?

#211 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

Does this appease you?

Yes, thank you.

#212 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

Do you happen to know what episode it's from? I'm getting nostalgic (over a 5 year old show :S)

#213 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

Do you happen to know what episode it's from? I'm getting nostalgic (over a 5 year old show :S)

I do! :)
It's from the gag reel on season 4, and the episode was "Monster Movie".  

#214 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

No, I confess I only care when they roll up to the pharmacy counter and bitch at me about their diabetes medication or joint pain pills for their cankles not being free through government aid (which gets taken out of my paycheck) and then they tell me to ring up their 10 packs of Nutter Butter cookies on their food stamps card.

I agree people who do that are douchebags who need to take responsibility for their own health. What about people who smoke? People who drink too much? People who tan themselves until they have skin cancer? People do shit that's bad for them all the time, but at the same time I don't see as many people freaking at people who do those things like they do to fat people.

#215 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

I agree people who do that are douchebags who need to  take responsibility for their own health. What about people who smoke? People who drink too much? People who tan  themselves until they have skin cancer? People do shit that's bad for  them all the time, but at the same time I don't  see as many people freaking at people who do those things like they do  to fat people.

I pay extra money for my health insurance because I'm a smoker. And I can't get Marlboros on my food stamps.
No one gets charged extra for being fat, except maybe in the clothing department, but really it's the extra material you're paying for.

#216 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

People who are overweight/obese often have trouble finding insurance companies willing to cover them.

Edited by Mishelle, 03 November 2010 - 04:31 PM.

#217 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

People who are overweight/obese often have trouble finding insurance companies willing to cover them.

Do they? I don't know. Every year when I have to enroll in a health insurance plan at work, there are all kinds of bold letters for "DO YOU SMOKE?" check yes and pay an extra $20 per month, but no where in any of the forms do I ever see "ARE YOU MAINTAINING A HEALTHY WEIGHT?" if not, pay this much more. And since everyone in my company is offered the same plans I am, I know for a fact that not only do the fat people I work with have no trouble finding insurance, but they also pay less than I do for it. (If they are non-smokers)

#218 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

My aunt said she was denied healthcare because her BMI was too high for her height.

#219 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

That sucks :/

My aunt said she was denied healthcare because her BMI was too high for her height.

All the more the need for an intervention right? Posted Image

#220 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

Let natural selection take its toll and make her start running on the treadmill. There are MILLIONS of ways to get in normal weight, and saying that "oh I have a thyroid problem" or "I have fat genes" doesn't give anyone an excuse to stuff their faces in oreos and bigmacs. I mean, just dropping some of the small things that a person may have in their meals a day (like skipping dessert every other day, giving up soda, having a meal without meat even for just once a week) can be a matter of shedding a good 10 pounds in a year.

Totally random but food products particularly the ones with high sodium content/or high sugar content do tend to be addictive... Just like drugs, if a person goes overboard with their food someone has to intervene.

EDIT: So I've read the previous post and for the record, don't dare fire the "oh you don't know how it feels to be fat"...
I weighed enough to be considered as obese for my height during middle school, and it did take awhile for me to start being conscious about my weight. While I did start running later on in 10th grade, what really made an impact is reevaluating your diet. Give up the unnecessary junk, and it doesn't have to be like an extreme thing such as OMG NO MORE CANDY FOREVER, as cliche as it is just take things in moderation.

Edited by Lallard, 10 November 2010 - 06:11 AM.

#221 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:59 AM

My father used to be REALLY fat, for like his whole life. Then he went on a diet and lost over 100 pounds.

wow thats a lot to lose..

Good on him !! woo :p

#222 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

Let natural selection take its toll and make her start running on the treadmill. There are MILLIONS of ways to get in normal weight, and saying that "oh I have a thyroid problem" or "I have fat genes" doesn't give anyone an excuse to stuff their faces in oreos and bigmacs. I mean, just dropping some of the small things that a person may have in their meals a day (like skipping dessert every other day, giving up soda, having a meal without meat even for just once a week) can be a matter of shedding a good 10 pounds in a year.

Totally random but food products particularly the ones with high sodium content/or high sugar content do tend to be addictive... Just like drugs, if a person goes overboard with their food someone has to intervene.

EDIT: So I've read the previous post and for the record, don't dare fire the "oh you don't know how it feels to be fat"...
I weighed enough to be considered as obese for my height during middle school, and it did take awhile for me to start being conscious about my weight. While I did start running later on in 10th grade, what really made an impact is reevaluating your diet. Give up the unnecessary junk, and it doesn't have to be like an extreme thing such as OMG NO MORE CANDY FOREVER, as cliche as it is just take things in moderation.

She's not obese at all. Yes she is like 15-20 pounds overweight but she still has an hourglass figure, but she does smoke so that was probably a factor. I honestly don't think that anyone should be denied health care even if they're fat. Obviously if they take part in unhealthy behavior they should have to pay extra, so if someone is obese I would expect them to pay extra but to be outright denied is asinine, especially based on BMI.

#223 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

Denial of healthcare based on pre-existing conditions, or high-risk factors, is a totally different issue.

#224 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

Honestly most people that are fat don't have thyroid problems they just have no self control and eat everything in sight . . . No health care company should take care of an individual who isn't willing to take care of their own bodies.

#225 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

Sure... it wasnt your fault that you ate 40 oreos for dinner...

HAHAH! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. :')

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users