286 replies to this topic

#226 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

http://ourjourneytolove.tumblr.com/image/35293596998

Isn't that just a ginger version of Joe anyway?

No. So much no.

#227 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

OMG I LOLED! sry :x

#228 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

*sigh*

There's not a lot of point in participating in a discussion if people dismiss my points because they think I'm "taking it personally". Rubbish.

The point is that out of the two things, communication and physical intimacy, a relationship based primarily on communication will flourish more easily than a relationship based primarily on physical intimacy.

The point is that it's impossible to base an online relationship primarily on physical intimacy, for obvious reasons. So it's more likely that a serious relationship will flourish from those beginnings, than it would be for offline relationships, purely because they have to be based on communication by necessity.

#229 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

No. So much no.

They kinda look alike...

#230 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

I dont think they work.
You can't even have sex.

#231 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

I dont think they work.
You can't even have sex.

Cybersex.

#232 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Cybersex.

Bazzinga?

#233 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I dont think they work.
You can't even have sex.

This was a totally worthwhile, deep, and relevant post. Well done, sir.

#234 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

This was a totally worthwhile, deep, and relevant post. Well done, sir.

Thank you, lady.

(/sarcasm)

Oh, I had to post something deep?

#235 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Oh, I had to post something deep?

It's generally considered a better course of action than posting shit in the middle of a debate topic.

(And for the record, I don't find being called a lady even remotely insulting...)

#236 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I dont think they work.
You can't even have sex.

Well, sex isn't exactly everything and shouldn't be the main point of a relationship :0
Also sex can come once the two people see each other irl, since obviously they would be flirting and all before meeting up~

#237 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

While two people can't exactly touch each other in a long-distance relationship, that does not necessarily preclude satisfying intimate encounters.

Just sayin'.

#238 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

While two people can't exactly touch each other in a long-distance relationship, that does not necessarily preclude satisfying intimate encounters.

Just sayin'.

Haha Joe got his wang out on webcam. Eww. I just imagined Joe getting his wang out on webcam...

#239 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Haha Joe got his wang out on webcam. Eww. I just imagined Joe getting his wang out on webcam...

Cheers for the mental image Lee :/

#240 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

No one wants to think about that xD

#241 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Just sayin'.

i don't get it

#242 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

No one wants to think about that xD

It's too late. We're all thinking about it now.

#243 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

It's too late. We're all thinking about it now.

OHNOOOO

#244 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

*sigh*

There's not a lot of point in participating in a discussion if people dismiss my points because they think I'm "taking it personally". Rubbish.

The point is that out of the two things, communication and physical intimacy, a relationship based primarily on communication will flourish more easily than a relationship based primarily on physical intimacy.

The point is that it's impossible to base an online relationship primarily on physical intimacy, for obvious reasons. So it's more likely that a serious relationship will flourish from those beginnings, than it would be for offline relationships, purely because they have to be based on communication by necessity.

I haven't really been following the argument but I don't believe anyone would enjoy a relationship based on just physical intimacy because that's not a relationship, that's a fuckbuddy. But I think people are saying that you need communication AND physical intimacy, not just one or the other.

But I'm not one of those people who think that online relationships don't work. My best friend met his gf of almost a year on Plentyoffish but she was in his city so I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

#245 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

I haven't really been following the argument but I don't believe anyone would enjoy a relationship based on just physical intimacy because that's not a relationship, that's a fuckbuddy. But I think people are saying that you need communication AND physical intimacy, not just one or the other.

But I'm not one of those people who think that online relationships don't work. My best friend met his gf of almost a year on Plentyoffish but she was in his city so I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

A fuckbuddy is, or at least can be, a kind of relationship.
You've never heard anyone say "but I stay with them 'cause the sex is amazing"? Or similar?

#246 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

*sigh*

Yawn. You either brushed over my post or horribly misinterpreted it.

Nobody is disputing that a relationship based primarily on sex will be outperformed a relationship built on strong communication. I don't know where you got that ridiculous notion from, because nobody in this thread made any claim otherwise. Frizzle just said offline relationships tend to get "a lot more intimate and closer due to physical contact, which for most people is 100% true. Are you telling me that meeting up with Nymh and being with her didn't strengthen you guys and bring you closer together?

#247 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

So to sum up the past few pages

- Sex is important
- Not having sex is important
- The guy in this (http://ourjourneytolove.tumblr.com/) blog is barely legal
- Cronus needs to get laid
- Frizzle thinks about Joe's wang
- Sweenymh have amazing phone sex

#248 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yawn. You either brushed over my post or horribly misinterpreted it.

That's a little rich coming from someone who said that I'm taking the discussion too personally, and that I'm exploiting exceptions to say anything I want.

Nobody is disputing that a relationship based primarily on sex will be outperformed a relationship built on strong communication. I don't know where you got that ridiculous notion from, because nobody in this thread made any claim otherwise. Frizzle just said offline relationships tend to get "a lot more intimate and closer due to physical contact, which for most people is 100% true. Are you telling me that meeting up with Nymh and being with her didn't strengthen you guys and bring you closer together?

This whole discussion branched from cronus saying that it's more common for people to know each other better in an offline relationship than in an online one. Which is nonsense.

#249 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

This whole discussion branched from cronus saying that it's more common for people to know each other better in an offline relationship than in an online one. Which is nonsense.

The fact that the discussion branched off from a laughable observation by cronus in no way validates your argument, because again, no recent posters in this thread made the claim that sex (and only sex) trumps communication. You seem to have inferred that all by yourself. Do you really mean to say your relationship hasn't strengthened after meeting up with nymh irl? Or you haven't got to know her more because of it?

#250 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

The fact that the discussion branched off from a laughable observation by cronus in no way validates your argument, because again, no recent posters in this thread made the claim that sex (and only sex) trumps communication. You seem to have inferred that all by yourself. Do you really mean to say your relationship hasn't strengthened after meeting up with nymh irl? Or you haven't got to know her more because of it?

I'm not arguing against the fact that sex trumps communication.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users