Photo

Online Relationships

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#26 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:52 AM

Because I was with someone else at the time. I lived down south, he lived in Manchester.. so I was not able to meet up at that time. although when we did meet, we got on well :) and moved in ages after :) and I have been with him 7 months.. living together is great.. and it's all good.

It's an Amazing relationship we have

#27 Evan

Evan
  • 2605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:05 AM

Because I was with someone else at the time. I lived down south, he lived in Manchester.. so I was not able to meet up at that time. although when we did meet, we got on well :) and moved in ages after :) and I have been with him 7 months.. living together is great.. and it's all good.

It's an Amazing relationship we have

*points at your sig*

:D

#28 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:39 AM

Thanks Evan :)

I know this relationship will work because he waited 3 years to get me... and now he has me, he ain't letting me go :p

#29 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:42 AM

Its like me and Suzanne, destined to be together ;)

#30 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:09 AM

lol Ian :D

#31 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:50 PM

Its like me and Suzanne, destined to be together ;)

I thought you was gay?

#32 Guest_Analogue_*

Guest_Analogue_*

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:58 PM

I thought you was gay?

QFE

<_< Ian...

#33 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:00 PM

I thought he was Bi?

#34 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:34 AM

I thought I was an alien :blink: Clever Clair ^^

#35 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:24 PM

I am just too god damn clever lol :p

#36 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:40 AM

No, Ian's just greedy.

#37 magda11us

magda11us
  • 343 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:09 AM

It can work if you have faith in it. If you are going to have negative issues about it then it's not going to work of course.

#38 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:19 AM

Acutally it is weak and pathetic. Unless you know the person in real life, you cannot get invovled in a deep and meaniful relationship. If it's a long distance relationship like Tietel then that's completely diffrent.

Yup. people can be pathetic though, its the internet.

Agreed on Ian being greedy :whistling:

#39 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:45 AM

Why am I greedy :blink:

#40 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:46 AM

The cliche saying that bisexual people are just greedy.

#41 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:49 AM

^_^ Oh, now I get you :p

#42 hey

hey
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:57 PM

You shouldn't date online. You don't want to end up like this man. [Click Here]

Edited by hey, 17 December 2005 - 05:01 PM.

#43 Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

You can fall in love anywhere, and under any circunstaces.

But a romantic relationship can't last online. I certainly can start there, but has to "evolve" to the real life sometime.

#44 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

relationships cannot b e purely online, obviously, but they are a good starting point to meeting new people and haveing some fun. A real 'relationship' with someone would require some real aspect of meeting the person in real life for it to work

#45 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

This thread is older then Suri Cruise...

#46 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

relationships cannot b e purely online, obviously, but they are a good starting point to meeting new people and haveing some fun. A real 'relationship' with someone would require some real aspect of meeting the person in real life for it to work

This thread is, as Lee said, older than the proverbial balls.

But, for future reference, merely stating your opinion with "obviously" as a commathetical isn't an argument.

#47 Kenderson

Kenderson
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Honestly in my opinion I don't see how they could possibly work. But I have heard of a few people who have really fell in love over the internet. I think its risky, and has more losses then gains. But if something good happens then go for it. It can be dangerous though.

#48 dreller120

dreller120
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Personally, I'm against it. Online relationships only reveal a tiny window to both person's lives, and relationships require trust and much communication. That being said, you can hide your weight, lifestyle, etc. Therefore, I think it would always end up with both sides never really knowing each other fully. I've heard too many stories of people meeting for the first time face to face and... didn't break down too well.

#49 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

I had a teacher last year who met her husband online. They have a baby. She is psychotic.

But on a serious note-
I personally couldn't have such a relationship. I need physical contact.

#50 chipndale

chipndale
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:59 AM

You can fall in love anywhere, and under any circunstaces.

But a romantic relationship can't last online. I certainly can start there, but has to "evolve" to the real life sometime.

I second this. Personally I feel online interaction can serve as a starting point, a springboard for friendship to start, but for friendship to evolve into a serious relationship then real life physical interaction is almost a must. And I don't mean like skyping or webcaming. Once you hit relationship level I think physical contact is very much desired. But I suppose the initial stages of getting to know each other before deciding to commit may occur online. It's probably different from real life courting, but I don't think you CAN'T start with online.

Personally, I'm against it. Online relationships only reveal a tiny window to both person's lives, and relationships require trust and much communication. That being said, you can hide your weight, lifestyle, etc. Therefore, I think it would always end up with both sides never really knowing each other fully. I've heard too many stories of people meeting for the first time face to face and... didn't break down too well.

Just to play the devil's advocate, you can also say that the online medium allows a timid and secretive person (in real life) to open up more freely? If you're socially awkward, then I can see how the lack of physical contact will make you feel more comfortable. I don't mean to create stereotypes, but I have a geek friend who is socially awkward and more comfortable with the computer. It's evident that it's easier talking to her online than in real life. But of course that's just at friendship level. You may say that relationships need more to sustain, but I feel it's unlikely she'd have a better chance starting a relationship in real life than online.

Yup, just my two cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users