Suicide Prevention

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:04 PM

What do you think would help prevent suicide?

I think people need to go outside and work out more. Not only would the lardass percent of some countries I willnotmentionthatarenamedamericabutwhogivesaCENSOREDificontradictmyself would actually decrease.

So my answer to suicide : Go outside. Go to the gym. Work out, get happy not sad

NOTE : This is hour 52 of no sleep so far. If you are offended, then I'm sorry.

#2 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:21 PM

He says that if the fatass people in this country, the u.s. of a, got off their fat asses and worked out, they would be happier, and not want to kill themselves.

(Yeah, I agree)

Edited by Travis, 21 December 2005 - 12:22 PM.

#3 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:58 PM

Who says we need to prevent it? If people don't want it, don't force it upon them.

#4 |nfinite

|nfinite
  • 181 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:10 PM

yea some people need to get a life, like those people that never go out and order shit from the the internet <_< for a living

If that's what they want to do and keeps them content, then by all means, let them do what they want. You don't have the right to criticize them for living the way they want to live.

Now, Suicide:

I'm against Suicide, and I think it's pointless, but if a person wants to rid themself from the Earth, then fine. Let them. It's their life they can choose what they want to do with it. All I can do is give them my thoughts and MY opinion on Suicide.

Edited by |nfinite, 21 December 2005 - 03:15 PM.

#5 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:13 PM

You know what I see it as? Natural selection. 'Nuff said.

#6 Will

Will
  • 2229 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:49 PM

2 years ago I would have completely agreed with you but since then I've met people who, without outside help, would have killed themselves. For instance, one of my friends is like bi-polar. I'm not sure if that's the exact thing but it's where he's really happy and then sometimes really depressed. When his parents split up he was going to kill himself. Luckily some sibling found out and got him to a shrink. He's doing a lot better now. Another person who I know was suicidal but got helped through it is now great. Without "suicide prevention" they probably wouldn't be here and that would suck ass.

#7 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

The only real suicide prevention is a web of support from people around you. I personally have severe clinical depression. There are days that I'm okay, days that I want to kill myself, and days that I can't even get out of bed to kill myself.
I self mutilated for about 6 years and have attempted suicide twice. (lucky for me I'm too much of a wimp).
I've tried the medication (some of it made me a LOT worse), I've tried the exercise therapy, and I've tried self mutilation.
The only thing that ever helped was zero_delocke, my boyfriend then and husband now. He helped me stop the mutilation, retaught me the beauty in things, and walked me through those days that I just couldn't cope. There are still times that he has to get me out of bed. Days that he has to push me to see any light to world. I'm now off of the medication and mutilation free, but without zeros help, I don;t think that I would have made it this far.

Saying that "getting out" is going to help is not very well thought out, this is not a jab at the OP, some scientist believe this as well. Not only does it not work for everyone, not only fat people are afflicted, and most chemical depressed, NOT the situationally depressed, cannot be healed by something so small. In fact, as I stated above, there are days you couldn't get up to exercise anyways.

Cheesy hallmark card as it may be, love is the only way through it.

#8 jrtheman

jrtheman
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:12 PM

give some one 200$(just a thought)

#9 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:35 PM

<laugh> I love you!

And I agree, for most cases. There are some truly pathetic people in the world, who attempt suicide just to get the attention - even if they don't consciously recognize it. There are people who succeed just because they couldn't cope with the world - and I am excluding clinically depressed people, as there is a difference between them and the whinging Goth kid. If they kill themselves - ha, sucks to be them. But they are one less burden that other people have to deal with. And in another way, they create a burden in their family.

Now, ritual suicide, like in old Japan, is another case entirely - probably because it was a completely different culture under which you would kill yourself. You would kill yourself not because "life is unfair, whaaaaaaaa!" but because, for example, you are dying slowly with no hope for a curse. Or you are caught between a rock and a wall when it comes to a decision and cannot find a solution without dishonouring yourself or your family or etc. That's a completely different thing, since it is from a completely different culture, and it would be wrong for me to judge anyone for it because of a little thing called cultural relativism. =D

I was clinically depressed for a few years. It was a chemical thing, not situational, and lemme tell you...Zoloft fixed me up just right. Haven't had a problem since that year I was on it. But I understand, generally, where a depressed person is coming from. I never self-mutilated myself (saw no point, don't like pain, felt it was stupid, etc etc etc), and never seriously contemplated suicide. As an atheist, I really didn't like the idea, as I see this as My Only Chance At Life Ever (before I cease to exist), and so I am not trying to hurry the end up for myself. After all, I could have missed out on a lot of good things. ;) But I was generally a very sad, unresponsive person. I lost most of my ambition in life (and I have never really picked it back up, either - I have occasionally phases where I will have a goal before I just dismiss it - and I hate not having ambition). But I still function well enough as a member of society, though not as great of a student than I used to be.

I'm all for people going to counselers - if they are depressed, going to doctors, etc - but I really have no sympathy for someone who is unable to cope with life because they think they are given an unfair hand in life. And there are some very, very negative people out there who need a wake-up call.

#10 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:47 PM

<laugh> I love you!

And I agree, for most cases. There are some truly pathetic people in the world, who attempt suicide just to get the attention - even if they don't consciously recognize it. There are people who succeed just because they couldn't cope with the world - and I am excluding clinically depressed people, as there is a difference between them and the whinging Goth kid. If they kill themselves - ha, sucks to be them. But they are one less burden that other people have to deal with. And in another way, they create a burden in their family.

Now, ritual suicide, like in old Japan, is another case entirely - probably because it was a completely different culture under which you would kill yourself. You would kill yourself not because "life is unfair, whaaaaaaaa!" but because, for example, you are dying slowly with no hope for a curse. Or you are caught between a rock and a wall when it comes to a decision and cannot find a solution without dishonouring yourself or your family or etc. That's a completely different thing, since it is from a completely different culture, and it would be wrong for me to judge anyone for it because of a little thing called cultural relativism. =D

I was clinically depressed for a few years. It was a chemical thing, not situational, and lemme tell you...Zoloft fixed me up just right. Haven't had a problem since that year I was on it. But I understand, generally, where a depressed person is coming from. I never self-mutilated myself (saw no point, don't like pain, felt it was stupid, etc etc etc), and never seriously contemplated suicide. As an atheist, I really didn't like the idea, as I see this as My Only Chance At Life Ever (before I cease to exist), and so I am not trying to hurry the end up for myself. After all, I could have missed out on a lot of good things. ;) But I was generally a very sad, unresponsive person. I lost most of my ambition in life (and I have never really picked it back up, either - I have occasionally phases where I will have a goal before I just dismiss it - and I hate not having ambition). But I still function well enough as a member of society, though not as great of a student than I used to be.

I'm all for people going to counselers - if they are depressed, going to doctors, etc - but I really have no sympathy for someone who is unable to cope with life because they think they are given an unfair hand in life. And there are some very, very negative people out there who need a wake-up call.

Ah, I skipped over the whiny goth kids because they don't really count. ^_^

I think self-mutilation is something that people use because they'd rather concentrate on the physical pain than the mental. A lot of people go out and become whores for the very same reason, except pleasure this time.

Part of the bushido code, civilians didn't rely on it very often. But yes, Samurai's relied on it to maintain family honor.

Counselors and phychiatrics/ologists are a great thing, for the people that don't have support in their personal lives, pay someone to do it. ^_^

#11 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:00 PM

I think self-mutilation is something that people use because they'd rather concentrate on the physical pain than the mental. A lot of people go out and become whores for the very same reason, except pleasure this time.

Are you kidding me? Prostitution is GREAT money. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone, especially if it's illegal where you live, but for the gals who aren't desperate or "don't care" and are extremely brave...shit. Haha, I just could never do that...and not graceful enough nor no longer have the body for stripping...but man oh man, talk about great money for hardly any work.

Creepy men, though. Egggggh.

#12 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:27 PM

ROFL, I wasn't talking about prositutes. But yes, most excellent of money. For people that can handle some of the lowest scum.

;_;

#13 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

2 years ago I would have completely agreed with you but since then I've met people who, without outside help, would have killed themselves. For instance, one of my friends is like bi-polar. I'm not sure if that's the exact thing but it's where he's really happy and then sometimes really depressed. When his parents split up he was going to kill himself. Luckily some sibling found out and got him to a shrink. He's doing a lot better now. Another person who I know was suicidal but got helped through it is now great. Without "suicide prevention" they probably wouldn't be here and that would suck ass.

*shrug* and I have attempted as well. But mostly I was thinking... if you're stubborn enough not to get help and just want to slowly kill yourself then... don't pass your stubborness onto the next generation. Spare us. ^_^

#14 |nfinite

|nfinite
  • 181 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:36 PM

Are you kidding me? Prostitution is GREAT money. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone, especially if it's illegal where you live, but for the gals who aren't desperate or "don't care" and are extremely brave...shit. Haha, I just could never do that...and not graceful enough nor no longer have the body for stripping...but man oh man, talk about great money for hardly any work.

Wow....

Hahaha....

Wow....

Serious and Joking at the same time. Never thought that it could have been done.

#15 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:53 PM

That what couldn't be done? Stripping for money? Prostitution? Using those as means for self-destruction?

#16 |nfinite

|nfinite
  • 181 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:08 PM

That what couldn't be done? Stripping for money? Prostitution? Using those as means for self-destruction?

The fact that a woman would admit that prostitution is easy money and that she doesn't have the body for it.

Meaning - She's being serious and she's joking at the same time.

#17 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:35 PM

The fact that a woman would admit that prostitution is easy money and that she doesn't have the body for it.

Meaning - She's being serious and she's joking at the same time.

I am a woman of many talents.

#18 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:22 AM

Hey what's wrong with the guys who go to prostitutes? They just wanna make sure the damn bitch is gone the next morning.

#19 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:36 AM

In most cases, the man who prowls the streets in wanting/pretending to be a woman. Amy and I saw a special on that that was based out of Las Vegas I believe. Interesting to say the least.

#20 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:22 PM

Money = everything so jus give em millions of bux :) and I can explain why its everything if I need to

#21 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2005 - 12:06 AM

My girlfriend is Bi-polar (not to mention alot of things--caused by traumatic childhood) and is medicated and sees a shrink and stuff. Im totally for suicide prevention, because I may not have met the love of my life, if family hadnt steped in and gotten her help. Ive known and helped many of my friends now, who were very close to suicide, and now live normal happy lives. I think that if you dont have some kind of mental disorder or anything, then suicide and things of that sort are somtimes just a faze. People should be granted every right possible to life, and somtimes the right to death should be taken away, in my opinion.

#22 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2005 - 12:42 AM

You're idea would work for some cases but suicidal people don't do it because they're thinking "Oh im fat I can't do anything about this might aswell get that rope and tie around the ceiling fan" there are alot of fat people that are perfectly happy. Suicidal people have psychological issues they need to deal with.

#23 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:04 PM

You're idea would work for some cases but suicidal people don't do it because they're thinking "Oh im fat I can't do anything about this might aswell get that rope and tie around the ceiling fan" there are alot of fat people that are perfectly happy. Suicidal people have psychological issues they need to deal with.

Gym = Endorphins
People = Happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users