Photo

Dave Chapelle

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

He disappeared quite a while ago. What happened?

Post your theories and/or rumours here.

#2 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:50 PM

Rumor is he moved to Kenya O_o I miss him :crybaby:

I havent seen his show in quite a while either, do they still play reruns or what?

Edited by Shorty, 26 December 2005 - 01:50 PM.

#3 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:51 PM

I honestly thought he went and OD'd on something and got lost in some city and couldn't remember who he was. *shrugs* Whatever.

I don't know about the show. I almost never watch it. XD

Edited by ZDL, 26 December 2005 - 01:52 PM.

#4 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:52 PM

I honestly thought he went and OD'd on something and got lost in some city and couldn't remember who he was. *shrugs* Whatever.

I don't know about the show. I almost never watch it. XD

Well I think someone would of recognized him and said something about it :p That is a possiblity, though ;)

#5 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:01 PM

http://www.chappelle....com/index.html
Its bizarre really.

#6 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:13 PM

Its bizarre really.

Too long for me to read the entire thing, but from 1/2 of the 2003 part, sounds like a whole bunch of black stars didn't like what he was saying and tried to shut him down <_<

#7 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:40 PM

you know dave chappelle is behind the whole website junk right? anyways what I think happened was he had tons of success with the first two seasons he had tons of money everythign he ever wanted but he had one season left. I think he basically just ran out of funny shit to say and needed time to get his act together. thats my theory.

#8 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:01 PM

Uhhh, you dont know the story?

Basically what happened is he went to South africa a week before starting season 3 and signed into a mental hospital. You would think when fat white kids say "Im rick james bitch!" millions of times, its gonna make you crazy, especially when you started the trend and it was funny for them.

But yeah, he came back 6 months later, and of course the show was cancelled. So he did some comedy stand up and continued to succeed money for comedy central. Now hes been asked to make a 3rd season, and of course, hes accepted.

Edited by Radon, 26 December 2005 - 06:01 PM.

#9 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:23 PM

Basically what happened is he went to South africa a week before starting season 3 and signed into a mental hospital. You would think when fat white kids say "Im rick james bitch!" millions of times, its gonna make you crazy, especially when you started the trend and it was funny for them.

But yeah, he came back 6 months later, and of course the show was cancelled. So he did some comedy stand up and continued to succeed money for comedy central. Now hes been asked to make a 3rd season, and of course, hes accepted.

Oh yeah, I heard that before but it's been in some corner of my mind ;) I remember that now ^_^ What was the one stand up he did? I'm thinking Killing Them Softly ;)

#10 Coolio

Coolio
  • 617 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:00 PM

he checked into rehab, thats all I remember from the news.

#11 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:16 PM

I heard he checked into the mental hospital nto because he was crazy, but because he "needed time to discover what direction he wanted his life to go from this point". In otherwords, hes crazy. :rolleyes:

#12 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:26 AM

I heard he checked into the mental hospital nto because he was crazy, but because he "needed time to discover what direction he wanted his life to go from this point". In otherwords, hes crazy. :rolleyes:

At the time yea

#13 |nfinite

|nfinite
  • 181 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

Ugh...

The Media isn't always truthful about what really happened.

He decided to go with the 3'rd Season but only filmed the first few episodes before he decided to leave the country. He WAS NOT IN REHAB. He didn't not turn into a coke addict or whatever junk rumors you guys have been hearing.

Anyway, he is not going to finish the 3'rd Season, so don't be expecting it.

The Chappelle Theory actually makes sense. I read it last week and it all makes sense.

#14 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:56 PM

I heard he was finishing the third season and they would air it on comedy central

#15 Harley

Harley
  • 3138 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:33 PM

Read it all. If Oprah really did take part in it. Goddamn, im gonna be so pissed. I feel sorry for dave chappelle

He was about to start shooting the third Season. But He got a box containing photos of Franakhan Standing of his children while they were sleeping.

Edited by Harley, 27 December 2005 - 04:34 PM.

#16 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:54 PM

I got offered a job going on that documentary with them - that whole Chappelle theory and all. Somehow chasing down people for interviews doesn't suit my fancy, though. <_<

I can believe all of it except for Goldberg. The rest of them is more than likely, but I don't think anything is up with Whoopie.

#17 Harley

Harley
  • 3138 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:29 AM

Whoopie didn't do much. She was in the thingo, but she didn't do much.

Absolutely none of the information on this site has been verified to be true and, if you haven't been able to tell, it isn't affiliated with any of the people or companies mentioned on this site. We, however, do truly love Bill Cosby, but, again the lawyers request that we tell you that doesn't mean that he had anything to do with this.

#18 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:37 AM

Its bizarre really.

Lmao! Oprah involved? Seems so true now...

#19 |nfinite

|nfinite
  • 181 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:07 PM

Anyone catch the part where he gets the Pictures of Notorious B.I.G and Tupac?

That kinda got me thinking.

He's not going to finish the 3'rd Season. He tells people about how he walked away from $50 Million Dollars and what not.

He's not going to finish it, I hate to break it to you all.

#20 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:03 PM

Ugh...

The Media isn't always truthful about what really happened.

He decided to go with the 3'rd Season but only filmed the first few episodes before he decided to leave the country. He WAS NOT IN REHAB. He didn't not turn into a coke addict or whatever junk rumors you guys have been hearing.

Anyway, he is not going to finish the 3'rd Season, so don't be expecting it.

The Chappelle Theory actually makes sense. I read it last week and it all makes sense.

You got it, the only thing is why he won't be finishing the third season and starting the fourth. He had a big mone problem after abruptly firing his managing director, and he has filed a lawsuit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users