Photo

The End

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#201 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:35 PM

I think the funniest part is how Alias repeatedly goes back to "why does everyone attack me for my religion?! you're all so mean and intolerant" when HE was the person who started this thread with a kinda condescending summary of Christian beliefs ("Don't fret though, the logic in it is obvious and really plain to see.") and basically sat back to wait to pounce on someone who says something about it.

That's what got me irked in the first place, but Hey! It just took 8 pages of screaming to get to a civil point where we actually talk about the end of the world. XD

#202 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:31 AM

I thought the sun was shrinking? o_0

When it runs out of hydrogen the core will contract under the weight of gravity because there is less force pushing outwards, but as it contracts it heats the upper layers causing them to expand and turning the sun into a red giant. Apparently it will expand past the earth's radius so the earth will be engulfed by it and vapourised.

#203 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:56 AM

Magicians nephew didnt specify it was a red giant. Could of been a supergiant for all you know. but doesnt matter.

And both sides have a point. But arguing about religion or flaming on the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win the race, your still retarded. And I dont really give a CENSORED its the internet. No one cares. Yes, I contradicted myself, and again, no one cares.

And Laser, if this is so, would we not just go to another planet? in a billion years time, if we dont find another planet, then Ill look down from heaven or wherever I am to be and laugh at them, call them a dumbass, and then watch as they burn up.

#204 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:01 AM

And Laser, if this is so, would we not just go to another planet? in a billion years time, if we dont find another planet, then Ill look down from heaven or wherever I am to be and laugh at them, call them a dumbass, and then watch as they burn up.

We would need to find a planet which is habitable first, and when this does happen to our sun we will need to find another galaxy to move to since the sun will cool to a white dwarf and eventually a black hole...

Then again, in a billion years who says humans will even be alive...that is such a long time away, it is very likely that we will have wiped ourselves out by then.

#205 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:02 PM

We would need to find a planet which is habitable first, and when this does happen to our sun we will need to find another galaxy to move to since the sun will cool to a white dwarf and eventually a black hole...

Then again, in a billion years who says humans will even be alive...that is such a long time away, it is very likely that we will have wiped ourselves out by then.

lets say race b then

#206 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:31 PM

I'm sorry, but did you not see my post?

Yeah, I saw it. I'm still giggling at everyone, including myself. So..now we know we're all baddies, lets talk about death. :p

#207 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:23 PM

trixx thinks.... when the sun burns out, the people will make a fake sun, or the earth will run out of resources, and well have to kill some people to lower the need for resources. eventually, well have a massive disease, most will be wiped out, and itll come down to two people, who will have a tonne of kids, and the world will start over, with a fake sun :o

ok that was just thoiught up :)

#208 Vegas

Vegas
  • Why So Serious?

• 2323 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:53 PM

I definetly dont think were gonna have the technology for inter-planet travel in my life time or my childrens but maybe my grandchildrens.space travel is so complicated that we cant even succusfully launch 1 spaceship without having to test and analyze for around like 10 years and use up billions of dollars.
with the probability of mars,theres no human-inhabitable planet in our own solar system and so we will have to look for a another planet in our galaxy and that will take ages.I mean even our satellites and space probes took like years just to go past pluto.
but there is the probability that humans will be able to evolve to maybe live on considered uninhabitable planets nor but that will also takes a verry long time.
my guess is like in gundam lmao,will will develop space colonies and uses small moons as our supply depots.that or hitch a ride on a passin astroid and go planet searching
sun explodin theory is wayy to long.its supposed to do that in billions of years from now and the history of man kind has only lasted for around 2000-3000 years,not even a scratch on a billion,and by then we will have over-used our supplies and over populated and probably have destroyed ourselves

so I guess our only hope is for aliens to help us and give us advanced technology.like bush sr. said,"we dont even know that half of it,' so its probable that the us government has already knowledge or encounter wit outer space beings
but look at me soundin like some kind of crazy alien nut fanatic.its just my theories
if u think I wrote stupidness.I dont blame u.these are my crazy theories

#209 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

nothings gone farther then pluto

#210 Punk

Punk
  • 1360 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:39 AM

Because religion has little or no scientific factual proof behind it.

That's exactly why I'm atheist, for all anyone in the world knows, some guy just made it up because he was bored. There is absolutely no proof of any god.

#211 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:57 PM

That's exactly why I'm atheist, for all anyone in the world knows, some guy just made it up because he was bored. There is absolutely no proof of any god.

Yeah, and how could god be so human like at the same time? Hes supposed to be 'divine' but hes praised by quite a few people I know as a superhuman lol.

#212 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:10 AM

You spout bullshit. Let's see all these propheices then? And how are we denying the obvious?

#213 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:20 AM

The Roman Empire was in full take-over-the-world mode by then and were well known for the destruction and death that they brought on rival villages/towns etc.

Not really a prophecy.

#214 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:22 AM

How did people deny it though?

It's like me saying "In 40 years time, I think that China will be a world leading power and a second language to most people".

#215 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

EDIT : Removed

#216 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:41 AM

If you guys want some more factual evidence that the Bible has not been 'changed' over time:

http://www.carm.org/...ualevidence.htm

Educate yourself ;) The chart shows the comparison between different religious documents that have been started waaaay back in time, and the number of copies still today. You can see the New Testament blows the others away. They say the New Testament is about 99.5% correct ;)

Doesnt mean its right or should be interpreted literally. :o

#217 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:54 AM

Doesnt mean its right or should be interpreted literally. :o

Yeah, but it's kinda refuting what Kamal said about Jesus being drunk and all that crap. But yes, the bible is open to interpretation. A lot of the bible is in my opinion symbolism. I think that a lot of what the bible does is just teach us how to live and another purpose of Jesus was not just only to be our savior but to show an example of what the perfect man would be like... he is an example of how we should live. But again... the bible and how you interpret it is all a matter of opinion, really. And that's why we have so many different sects :p

#218 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:01 AM

Yeah, but it's kinda refuting what Kamal said about Jesus being drunk and all that crap. But yes, the bible is open to interpretation. A lot of the bible is in my opinion symbolism. I think that a lot of what the bible does is just teach us how to live and another purpose of Jesus was not just only to be our savior but to show an example of what the perfect man would be like... he is an example of how we should live. But again... the bible and how you interpret it is all a matter of opinion, really. And that's why we have so many different sects :p

Yea, I disagree with kamal there. lol. But yea, the matter of interpretation is so weird. I mean, I was reading about a protestant sec that interpreted the bible in a scientific matter leaned towards atheism/agnosticism, while of course others wouldnt believe that, eh?

I just think there are two things in life : the will to live and the logic life has connected together to create. Im not sure if theres a higher power or a heaven, but im almost positive the god would still have to do with binding logic and the will to live.

#219 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:43 PM

If your intrested, browse that site, I'm sure it will hush alot of your ideas up ;)

Depends what you mean taking it literally. Yes you do everything it says, expecially in the new testament. Don't take "eye for eye" literally of course, that's just plain obvious, besides that you can't really change the truth :p

Do you believe that Jesus existed?

yes. but I do not (Or Deny to you) believe that jesus did any of those miracles.

None the less, I'll read up on evidence.htm.

#220 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:00 PM

They say the New Testament is about 99.5% correct

But if god is all powerfull shouldn't he get 100% of all his/her/its prophecies correct?

But this isn't the reason why I came here. What happens to retarded people (not people who are brain dead, just suffering from brain damage) How's it like to be in there bodies? Are there souls in heaven or are they in the body and just can control it properly or something?

#221 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:00 PM

But this isn't the reason why I came here. What happens to retarded people (not people who are brain dead, just suffering from brain damage) How's it like to be in there bodies? Are there souls in heaven or are they in the body and just can control it properly or something?

ummm... they aren't retarded. Retardation is different from that. What you would call them is just brain damaged because often times when there is an injury to the head it often effects a certain part of the brain so you won't completely be slow, you'll forget things like street names or maybe you can't do numbers as well anymore because that part of your brain is incapable of working correctly. It has nothing to do with them being in heaven... they just can't function normally.

If you did indeed mean people who were born retarded then I don't think you've been around too many people like that. Basically it's not like they aren't there... not like that at all but merely like remaining a 6 year old mentally all your life while your body continues growing. And for those with cerebal palsy and other disorders such as that often times they cannot control their bodies as well as being mentally retarded. Again it is not that they are not there in their bodies... they are not in heaven because they are not dead. Not even close.

#222 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

no Alias, it's because I cannot believe the logic in healing. I'm one of those assholes that because of a couple major events in my life, I find it hard to believe in religion. Its taken me two years to even approach religion again. Call it the weak mans trial of god if you may.

The site was interesting in a way, but some people could regard it as "bias." I think it has reasonable logic to things, even though the introuduction of evidence made me think of an approach of bias, but it wouldnt qualify enough for their efficent concepts to be considered "bias."

http://www.infidels....tin/index.shtml
That is an interesting debate between both a christian philosopher and atheist. It was posted at the atheist web, but it was still a simple debate.

#223 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:40 PM

The site tells the truth, end of story.

If you want some more:

With the "www":

Carm.org
Icr.org
answeringenesis.corg
letusreason.org
raycomfort.org
watchman.org
calvarychapel.com/ect/links/apologetics.htm
equip.org

Without the 'www":
cana.userworld.com

I have my doubts, but I will visit the other websites. I did not mention there are some logical arguments for the site on google.

http://www.infidels....radictions.html

#224 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

The thing is... even if there WERE contradictions in the bible (of which there are very few true ones) the bible is not about that, but it is about the message. The message of how to live our lives and it's rather silly to be so obessive over little details such as that. Honestly I don't see why people are so against Christianity and trying so hard to prove it false. Really... even if they don't believe in it... why can't they see it as a good thing? It gives people morals and order. Granted, yes it can be abused (IE: Salem Witch Trials) however overall it has good influence. It teaches us to be good people, it gives us reason. Even if it were all not true... does it really matter? It is in my opinion a guidebook and why so many people are trying to rip it to sheds... just confuses me.

#225 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

Typical recognition.

The trinity is the hardest thing to understand. So let me put it in the aspect God explains in:

Jesus is God's son. God sent his ONLY son to earth to die for our sins. IF he DIDN"T do this then we would all be going to hell right now, no matter what we believe. Sooo, if that's pointless to you then I don't have much to say.

Jesus is not God's son! He is a prophet, Gods are to be immortal. If Jesus is God's son, what is Mohamed and the Jew prophet supposed to be? God's son aswell? No, They were all sent down to tell everyone about God and to beleive in him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users