• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

A friend of mine asked me that question earlier today , so I'm wondering if it's consierd an actual sin. :blink:
I personally think that it matters your situation...If you truly have a horrable life then I think suiced isnt really a sin.-But I'm pretty sure :unsure: that in most religions suicide is a horrable sin.

Your point of view?

#2 Wicked

Wicked
  • 2057 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:26 PM

Well. Technically you are killing a person even though it is yourself. It is a sin to kill a person so yeah. It's a sin.

#3 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:31 PM

It's not a sin. YOUR CENSOREDING KILLING YOURSELF. YOUR MAKING GOD HAPPY BY QUITTIN OUT ON HIS TRIALS.

#4 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

No. I'm not a religious person, however...so I say that killing yourself just proves that fact that you are a total fukcing douchebag who should have never been born.

#5 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:37 PM

yes I think it is.... but in some countrys it is illegal to commit suicide. lol, u could get the death sentence. lol

#6 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:38 PM

No. I'm not a religious person, however...so I say that killing yourself just proves that fact that you are a total fukcing douchebag who should have never been born.

Well that's a little harsh , no?
If your life is shitty enough to 'resort' to killing yourself , then you should have sympathy for that person.

#7 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:39 PM

Well that's a little harsh , no?
If your life is shitty enough to 'resort' to killing yourself , then you should have sympathy for that person.

No. Because it could always be worse, no matter how hard you have it.

#8 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

good point travis.. by the way it is dooshbag in that way. ;)

#9 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

yes I think it is.... but in some countrys it is illegal to commit suicide. lol, u could get the death sentence. lol

That is a moxymoron.It makes no sence..It conflicts itself.
-If your 'mission/goal' ( :rolleyes: ) is to kill youself , and it is ilegal
, and you get caught and the sentence is death , then the person ends up dying.
The person wins one way or another.... :blink:

#10 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:43 PM

Oxymoron.

#11 Wicked

Wicked
  • 2057 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

That is a moxymoron.It makes no sence..It conflicts itself.
-If your 'mission/goal' ( :rolleyes: ) is to kill youself , and it is ilegal
, and you get caught and the sentence is death , then the person ends up dying.
The person wins one way or another.... :blink:

Yeah it's pretty stupid but... People don't think that way. <_<

#12 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

No. Because it could always be worse, no matter how hard you have it.

http://attentionemokids.ytmnd.com/

Oh yeah, and I'm not religious either.

#13 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:00 PM

To Christians it is a sin. You would go to hell if you killed yourself actually...

#14 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

good point travis.. by the way it is dooshbag in that way. ;)

douche. <_<

Yeah, according to the christian religion, its a sin. BUT, according to the christian bibles, not sure about jews or muslims, its not a sin that will send you to hell if you're already "forgiven".

#15 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:49 PM

Well you can't ask for forgiveness is you're already dead...

#16 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:27 PM

Yup, in Christianity, suicide=hell.
I mean I know some people's lives are horrible, but some people commit suicide for the stupidest reasons =/

#17 hoju

hoju
  • 1831 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:28 PM

What would it matter if you want to die anyways?

#18 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:50 AM

Travis I feel basically the same way you do, but I feel there are exceptions. Cancer/HIV sufferers, disabled/paralysed victims and so forth who would be better off out of their misery.

But other then these extreme circumstances, no.

#19 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:02 AM

Travis I feel basically the same way you do, but I feel there are exceptions. Cancer/HIV sufferers, disabled/paralysed victims and so forth who would be better off out of their misery.

But other then these extreme circumstances, no.

O.O true. if your dying anyways, theres no point of just waiting.

#20 Punk

Punk
  • 1360 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:34 AM

Honestly I can't tell you, as I know absolutely nothing about sins. I'm Atheist :cool:

#21 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:28 AM

In my eyes, suicide isn't a sin as I'm atheist and don't believe in hell. I do however think that unless there are extreme circumstances (like Frizz pointed out), then suicide is just selfish- at the end of the day, all you are doing is hurting the people that care about you.

#22 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:06 AM

I am atheist, but I don't think killing yourself is a sin. I know 5 people in the last month who have killed themselves. Two of them X-girlfriends of mine.

#23 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:07 AM

I think it is a sin. Life is what you make it, mess ups happen but they can be fixed. God gave you life, don't say god I don't want this gift from you its something like that its not nice :( And life is a huuuuge gift

#24 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:45 PM

I'm an atheist. However, I see suicide as an extreme waste of life - because, you know, I believe there's nothing else after this. You die, you're gone for good. That being said, like in the examples provided above, I would understand killing yourself if you were in extreme pain with no hope for a cure. I would not want to die a long, painful death.

But if you're disturbed enough to actually commit suicide, the atheist in me also hopes that you do it before you procreate. We don't need those disruptive genes in the pool. =P

#25 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

I look at it like two things. If it's because of you not fitting in, then thats not worth killing a good life. Every life is precious in its own way and affects everyone it touches. Hell, I didnt really know one kid who commited suicide, just talked with him once, and for that I felt like I needed to come to his funeral. I think society should explain this more, as it has failed to do as much as it could for teen depression, which suicide has high rates in.

I also think that yes, people could commit suicide if they're dying or have no hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users