• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:48 PM

After talking with some other members about the situation, I feel that the quality of codex is deteriorating. We arent as good as we were once, and this is pretty alarming because I will not let our hard work go to waste. So I ask you, what do you think we could do to I'mprove neocodex. And I'm talking about anything...all suggestions are welcome. please let us know how we can better serve you and make your membership on the board more fun O_o ...give us as many suggestions as possible, but try not to repeat suggestions O_o

Thanks,
The Neocodex Team

#2 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:14 PM

Codex deteriorating? Maybe a lil' only. Ah......, IRC's empty, some non-active members, ................. O_o

#3 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:15 PM

Maybe me some more skins O_o I dont know - its really good I think

#4 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:19 PM

Well make the retired membership seem more possible, because private members more or less feel that iprivate membership is the end of the line, when it isnt O_o

#5 towkay

towkay
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:19 PM

Just a thought. Could it be that private members are chatting more on private forum than public forums? However, when I do have questions, they are always promptly answered so I think this forum is good.

#6 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:23 PM

Oh, yeah, Kai's right, I really thought only admins, mods and smods can become retired members (oh, yeah, I also thought retired members are loyal members who retired a LOOOOONG ti'me ago......)  O_o   O_o   :D

#7 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:29 PM

nope, there are retired members who were never staff I.e np_craver well because its mainly staff (smods and admins are automatically retired, and mods are chosen: I.e memikoes) hydro said he might let other people be retired members after I talked to hi'm about it O_o

#8 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:58 PM

Hum... shows how crazy it is if an admin offers a suggestion O_o .

I say dig deep in all the hating goin around between certain members, and fix that stuff up  O_o

#9 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:13 AM

yeah the retired membership thing was really lax, but then nominations started early this month O_o so don't worry, right now at least two are actually being voted on

and smods don't go auto retired, I din't get in till later

#10 supatyson

supatyson
  • 1959 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:34 AM

Yeah I agree about the Retired Membership. I also think you should bring back ARCADE! CAUSE I LOVE IT! Nah that draws us away from chatting and stuff, so I dont care about that. I dont know, we could start some competitions or something I dont know.

#11 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:06 AM

becausetom skins. Not once you've downloaded and slapped a craply made logo on (no offence to whoever made it)
I dare to say DB and ZC look 500% nicer than us. Also Hydromogen, vb...

#12 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:27 AM

becausetom skins. Not once you've downloaded and slapped a craply made logo on (no offence to whoever made it)
I dare to say DB and ZC look 500% nicer than us.

yep I totally agree, except I'd make the 500 and 5k O_o but that's for looks its content (members and files) that overweigh that so I never really minded, but have always been asking for skins very discreetly

#13 ice_deleted

ice_deleted
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:36 AM

I dare to say DB and ZC look 500% nicer than us. Also Hydromogen, vb...

I agree.

#14 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:58 AM

I just think that this whole place has been bogged down recently by unhappy things like the Frizz arguments and the Digi feud.. but these are settling down now, so soon we will be back to ulti'mate happiness :roxsox:

#15 Guest_screaminmonkee_*

Guest_screaminmonkee_*

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:21 AM

The banner at the top makes it look like a n00b forum, I say you switch your whole skin. :roxsox:

#16 memikeos

memikeos
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:35 AM

Perhaps we need to address the different parts of the board differently?
Most of the battling being done in the general section... that will come and go as Valensin said, "... but these are settling down now, so soon we will be back to ulti'mate happiness "
The graphics section is out of control because since the last rebuild, there have been no posted rules for GFX stuff. "...Out of interest, is the member@ncodex optional? There was a ti'me when, if you wanted to make siggys then you had to include it. Not sure if this still applies though. "
These are some of the things that I see as contributing to the chaos. I may be wrong but when I first joined, (the first ti'me :roxsox: ), there were guidelines which help to show direction.
Private section is a work in progress with a little more activity than before... retired section has almost no activity. (as the number of retirees grow, I can see that changing)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world ? The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity."

-- William Butler Yeats (1865-1939), regarding chaos
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2 cents - memikeos

#17 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:41 AM

I dont think its fallin apart :roxsox:

My 2p - xeno

#18 memikeos

memikeos
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:53 AM

Maybe not that it IS, but more that it's heading in that direction. Like the people who apply for GFX apps getting discouraged because nobody (cept u) is giving any feed back.

Edit: sorry for confusion..... Ali and I posted at same ti'me. This is to Xeno.

Edited by memikeos, 27 June 2004 - 03:28 AM.

#19 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:13 AM

+ me
+ the GFX leaders are never on thats what is really annoyin + I dont like for them havin to wait, I can understand a few days but this is weeks...

my 4p :roxsox: lol

Edited by Xenocyde, 27 June 2004 - 03:29 AM.

#20 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:28 AM

o right lol :roxsox:

#21 Svenne

Svenne
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:29 AM

Why not a contest between members on finding a cheat. Pick one game and find the most or best cheat. The one who wins can't play on the next game. so It's not posible that one person always wins.

it's mabey a sti'mulans to find more cheats on youre own.
Some programmers and admins or volonteers can give some helpfull tips but not giving away the cheat.

I found it a sti'mulans when I found my first cheat. ( When I tried to post it I saw that is was posted by someone else.  :roxsox: )

#22 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:28 AM

Perhaps we need to address the different parts of the board differently?
Most of the battling being done in the general section... that will come and go as Valensin said, "... but these are settling down now, so soon we will be back to ulti'mate happiness "
The graphics section is out of control because since the last rebuild, there have been no posted rules for GFX stuff. "...Out of interest, is the member@ncodex optional? There was a ti'me when, if you wanted to make siggys then you had to include it. Not sure if this still applies though. "
These are some of the things that I see as contributing to the chaos. I may be wrong but when I first joined, (the first ti'me :roxsox: ), there were guidelines which help to show direction.
Private section is a work in progress with a little more activity than before... retired section has almost no activity. (as the number of retirees grow, I can see that changing)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world ? The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity."

-- William Butler Yeats (1865-1939), regarding chaos
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2 cents - memikeos

Well if retired membership is meant to be the greatest achievement, then why are the forums not used? (I'm going on what you said)

and there are loads of apps not accpeted in the gfx section

#23 LittleMunchken

LittleMunchken
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:15 AM

I haven't been here very long, but I notice people always respond to questions that I have and are VERY friendly :p

I like it here and things will get back to normal.  After a feud, it usually takes ti'me for things to settle down.  Give it a week, and ya'll should be happy again :)

There's nothing wrong with this place :roxsox:

#24 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:22 AM

Well the problem with the skins.... When I first came here I noticed the dark skin...And I complained to Hydro about it LOL! Now I'm so glad the dark skin is gone I dont mind this skin at all!

#25 powerman5000

powerman5000
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:44 AM

how about go private...just think...we have so many good active members here and somebody else could always join if somebody invited them or could ask an admin to join...like they could tell the admins what all skills they have cause it looks like to me that for the past month we've only had 2 or 3 new members that are active and have any skills (no offense to anyone)....but thats what I think... :roxsox:

EDIT: I also agree with Kai totally...make retired member a little easy to get or somin cause I've been goin at it for a loooonnngg ti'me and I'm not even close to it...even though its yalls decision :p

Edited by powerman5000, 27 June 2004 - 05:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users