Photo

Codex deteriorating?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#26 dash

dash
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:29 AM

These are a few good things that might attract new members.

1) Switch to vBulliton

2) Switch skin

3) more programmers (but also will atract more leechers)

4) maybe some new forums.

5) New Buttons!!! =D

6) Maybe a avertizeing team?

Edited by Dash, 27 June 2004 - 06:46 AM.

#27 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:34 AM

I don't really need the board to change, I like it the way it is.

edit: oh, and fixing the broken/missing I'mages would be cool, make the place look a little better

Edited by Darkness, 27 June 2004 - 06:35 AM.

#28 powerman5000

powerman5000
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:03 AM

1) Switch to vBulliton

2) Switch skin

5) New Buttons!!! =D

1) I think this board is fine...and it would take ages to get the other one becausetomized and its too hard.

2)You oughta care more about community issues than a skin.

3)We already have enough good programmers...and you really shouldn't worry about programs.

4)It's too crowded as it is so we don't need any more mess.

5)What's wrong with the buttons?

6)I still think go private.

#29 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:28 AM

I think we should be stricketer on our bannings and suspensions, and get less lenainat on thigns said

#30 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:32 AM

well I have to say powerman 5000, I am 100% with you, and I have noticed you have been a mod for ages, and not a retired member :lol:   well lets see what the admins say? and also there are 2 backgrounds, a light one and a dark one

Go to my Profile and scroll to the bottom on the left hand side there is a link that says skin settings click on it and change the skin

#31 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:39 AM

I agree that we need Arcade back  I will work on soon. (if its ok with the other admins :lol:

#32 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:39 AM

Yeah but there'll be an uproar. The less lenient we get, people will say we're becoming like digi etc...

well I dont wanna become like nhacks  :lol: they have their own section called the CENSORED ter

#33 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:40 AM

Also, we HAVE to kill the downti'mes! It always wards off people....

#34 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:55 AM

Well as many people have said, the arcade, it will bring back some fun :lol: and I hope you other admins give permision for shadowlink to do it :D

#35 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:40 AM

I agree that we need Arcade back  I will work on soon. (if its ok with the other admins :lol:

of course I do....and I will personally work on getting the gfx section back up to par.

#36 powerman5000

powerman5000
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

well I have to say powerman 5000, I am 100% with you, and I have noticed you have been a mod for ages, and not a retired member :lol:   well lets see what the admins say? and also there are 2 backgrounds, a light one and a dark one

Go to my Profile and scroll to the bottom on the left hand side there is a link that says skin settings click on it and change the skin

thanks for agreeing with me...and about getting more strict on things...that is what makes us worse...actually we need to be WAAAY more lenient...and I don't know about the arcade...that would kinda make it a little less active cause everybody would be playin games instead of talkin and makin friends and meeting and welcoming the new members.

#37 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:59 AM

I think the retired section is good as is. private is the rank you can EARN. You are SELECTED to be a retired member, and nothing you do can INSURE that you will become one. It is a great honor to be selected, and private member should be good enough for all but the selected few.

#38 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:27 PM

I think everythin is PERFECT except we need to make more progs,change skinds,and have more private mems be private every month

#39 Dory

Dory
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:04 AM

I happen to really like this place which is why even with the downti'mes, like a bad penny I keep coming back  :o

With less slack for those blatant rule breakers, people will know better where they stand, so now thats been better resolved things will be even better still  :D

#40 dash

dash
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:31 AM

1) Switch to vBulliton

2) Switch skin

5) New Buttons!!! =D

1) I think this board is fine...and it would take ages to get the other one becausetomized and its too hard.

2)You oughta care more about community issues than a skin.

3)We already have enough good programmers...and you really shouldn't worry about programs.

4)It's too crowded as it is so we don't need any more mess.

5)What's wrong with the buttons?

6)I still think go private.

It was just a thought...There are nothing wrong with the buttons but they could be a bit more attractive...And if we swtich to vBulliton I'm sure it would bring to members..But its not up to me ^.^

#41 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:44 AM

My suggestions.

1.Kill the voting tourney.

2. Crack down on people that Flame.

3. Bring the store back?

4. Kill the rep hack

5.Have a Section for Closed topics only.

6. Support other games like UT2K3?

#42 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:40 AM

My suggestions.
1.Kill the voting tourney.
2. Crack down on people that Flame.
3. Bring the store back?
4. Kill the rep hack
5.Have a Section for Closed topics only.
6. Support other games like UT2K3?

1. its going to be taken off tonight
2. we will do our best, as always...but we need all your guys' help as well in order to find them ;)
3. Sure thing...we will bring back IBshop (its non glitchy but harder to set up)
4. Maybe have it reset? I like the rep hack...its just gotten a bit out of control these days
5. Mmm, I think we should just leave them where they are because whats the point of moving them...they are accessible by searching no matter where they are :D
6. I wish we could, but we dont have enough resources yet...maybe when we get bigger (rdd is the only person I know that hacks UT)

#43 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:03 AM

Good ideas Hydro.. but please don't reset rep.. I'm at a nice round number now ;)

#44 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:05 AM

0 isn't a number, 0 is the absence of a number ;)

#45 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:12 AM

You know, I could intellectualy argue this, but seeing as I'm off school ( and, may I add, you are still at school har har), I will instead resort to name calling and hair pulling. You monkey's son of a jackal!

#46 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:54 AM

And I have to make colour collages out of magazines and do tree rubbings over the summer for A level art.. wow.. shows the difference between our minds ;)
Ah well.. I'm doing Physics next year so I must have some grey matter somewhere

#47 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:18 AM

Ah shut up lol... I learned a few years back that A x B = C but B x A does not have to = C ;)

#48 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:23 AM

Ah shut up lol... I learned a few years back that A x B = C but B x A does not have to = C ;)

And that is why we hate maths. Maths should burn.. burn!!!

#49 Freidmont

Freidmont
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:25 AM

And that is why we hate maths. Maths should burn.. burn!!!

I agree..I barely passed algebra & geometry, not looking forward to calculus or any other higher math.

Edited by Freidmont, 03 July 2004 - 10:26 AM.

#50 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:32 AM

math is easy :D , so is science and programming :huh: ....I hate english ;) english should burn!! I know how to speak it...why do I have to write essays?! why do I have to analyze?! where am I going to use that ever again?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users