When Is The Right Age?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:39 PM

Wow, your acting like a 3 year old. Please grow up. That last stament, wow, that was very very immature, enough for me to at least mention it.

So your saying if your not a christian then you can knowingly and purposfully do bad things? And your also accepting the fact about what I said in my last post? Is anyone getting this down....

Your getting across like I am saying you have to be perfect. I'm not saying that, I am saying it's simply bad to do things on purpose. Yea we mess up sometimes, but I am talking about getting high and drinking full knowing the effects and how bad/illegal it really is. Also, please tell me how my logic is flawed? Do you even know what you just said? Can you even begin to point out my logic?
Yes, but that's missing the point. You can't go feeling sorry about something you knowingly do. I bet you a million dollars before he did that he knew it was wrong, yet he did it. Where is the logic?

The point of that was the fact we can be illogical sometimes. I'm not saying go out and kill three people and rape a girl because god will forgive, but I'm saying we should try our best, but we are bound to make mistakes or do something illogical. It's just human.

And yes, I believed exactly the way you believe God exists. I simply straightfoward thought "There isn't a god to make up rules and I don't really have anything left so I might as well go out and do whatever the hell I want."

unfortunately, that was a fairly flawed logic, since if doing whatever the hell I wants hurts my body in the process, then thats doing whatever stupid I can.

And what? I don't think she needs to 'grow up' in the head when shes clearly making a joke to mock the logic of one of your arguments. Not you in general.

#27 Wicked

Wicked
  • 2057 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:45 PM

I think it should be legal for students period. It is stupid that kids that young are starting to do this crap. *sighs* I miss the good ole days where I didn't have to look over my shoulder every 5 minutes.

#28 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:11 PM

People need to make the right desisions. If they choose to do that crap , and there is no logical reson behind it , then it is there problem.It's freedom of rights.-And they are only hurting themselves.
We all have free rights and we should make our own choices.Alot of people are infulenced by people around them , but we can only point them in the right direction.After that they're on there own.
The smoking age should be eighteen , ninteen .. Somewhere up there. It does extremly hurt the person , but if you outlawed cigarettes people that are chain smokers would go crazy , act violently ect.

#29 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

I know what you mean, and I know that you've been coming off as nothing more than a self-righteous bastard for your past several posts. I'm sick to death of seeing you come on here "in the name of the Lord".

Everytime that I have someone get on my case about being a Christian, its because they have run into people like you. It's unnerving, sickening, and most of all disheartening.

You cannot come in here and judge people and then turn around and pick and choose which Christian laws you wish to follow.

That is immature.

/rant, done with thread, its impossible for anyone to get anywhere with you.

Edited by Sakura, 25 January 2006 - 07:24 PM.

#30 Brad

Brad
  • How about a magic trick?

• 4565 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:36 AM

A reminder: This is a debate forum, not a "flame the other person because they don't have the same opinion as you" forum.

Keep it up and drastic things will start happening.

#31 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:47 AM

Haha yeah but remember Alias isn't exactly an adult yet. Sure hes a narcissist but who isnt? I think im right, he thinks im wrong. Thats faith for you.

Meh. I'm terrible at defending :(.

#32 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:19 AM

The smoking thing... They shouldn't smoke until at least 18, or 14 minimum. Kids these days think they're so kool that they smoke, and that's the only reason why they do it.
My friends mother had him when she was 14, and I think it's pretty kool

having a kid at 14 is cool? no, its not. everything might be fine with that kid pr whatever but 14 is too young to have a kid you shouldnt have to deal with stuff like that at that age, I'll admit some people are mature enough to handle thigns like that but at 14? you can barely get any work at that age, much less be able to pay for diapers and food for the baby

#33 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:24 AM

I love drug addicts, alcoholics and smokers. They make life interesting.

#34 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:47 PM

Yea, it's really interesting to watch them all kill themselves and their children, expecially the drunks that kill others in accidents almost every day.

[/sarcasm]

Nah, your just stereotyping.

#35 uwantbread

uwantbread
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:36 PM

I don't see why governments still allow the production of cigarettes and alcohol, espescially in the U.S considering they outlawed marijuana why not just outlaw those two at the same time.

#36 Punk

Punk
  • 1360 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:39 AM

Smoke, 19, Sex, 16, Jail for life, 15

#37 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:52 AM

Yea, I'd agree with your sarcastic comment, proves you're low witted and backs up my sick, twisted humour.

It's world events, terrorism, earthquakes, debates, black humour and the rest that keep me entertained. Yes, I laugh at other people's mishappenings and I know it's wrong. Oh dear I'm going to hell ;)

#38 Punk

Punk
  • 1360 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:04 AM

Yea, I'd agree with your sarcastic comment, proves you're low witted and backs up my sick, twisted humour.

It's world events, terrorism, earthquakes, debates, black humour and the rest that keep me entertained. Yes, I laugh at other people's mishappenings and I know it's wrong. Oh dear I'm going to hell ;)

Not to be rude to you, but do you laugh at homeless people, some homeless people did something to disereve it, but most didn't and if you do laugh at them, thats just wrong, because At one point I was living on the streets, when my parent left each other, than my dad got fired, so me and him had to live on the streets, not for long tho. Just a week or so, but still it's very cold and unpleasent, especially when you live somewhere where its -40 at night.

#39 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:32 AM

Answer - I'm very sorry for your misfortune.

Honest answer - I really couldn't care.

I'm harsh, I'm a bastard and I'm blunt. But sorry you did ask.

#40 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:43 AM

Ahahahahahaha. You :devil: , you.

#41 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:59 AM

nah, druggies can be cool as long as theyre not super-addicted.

#42 Punk

Punk
  • 1360 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:51 AM

Thank you.

So you are saying that, you wouldent laugh, but you wouldent care, is that correct?

#43 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:13 AM

Stereotyping the truth, wow is this a new concept?

*sigh* Children, children. Steryotyping isn't truth. For instance, I believe you are of middle eastern decent? How would you like to be singled out every single time you walked into an airport for a full body cavity search? Yeah, stereotyping is not good. Don't fall into the hole of calling everyone besides yourself a sinner and a morally incorrect. I've met drug addicts who are jehovah's witnesses. God's law says nothing about using drugs. It does however, say that we should not abuse substances. But don't we all do that? You're abusing your computer right now by using it. Anything can be called abuse.

[Sidenote: Does anyone else hate it when religious zealots selectively enforce their rules? It frightens me that people will willingly blind themselves to certain parts of their own ideologies for the sake of an arguement.]

I don't see why governments still allow the production of cigarettes and alcohol, espescially in the U.S considering they outlawed marijuana why not just outlaw those two at the same time.

Because it is one of America's largest crops, exports, industries, etc. Plus the tobacco industry produces around 9 billion dollars a year, which is plenty of money to bribe a few politicians.

Besides, marijuana is legal in Colorado, California, and Montana for medicinal purposes.

That's because their only hurting themselves. Your not getting affected by it, unless something like peer pressure occurs, you could care less what they do to their life.

You contradicted yourself in that statement. How can they only hurt themselves and simultaneously hurt you through peer pressure? I urge you to think before you post, so people like me who actually read what you type don't pick you apart.

Thank you.

So you are saying that, you wouldent laugh, but you wouldent care, is that correct?

No, he'd laugh. Lee is a sick little man. Don't worry about him though, he won't hurt you.

#44 Punk

Punk
  • 1360 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:24 AM

No, he'd laugh. Lee is a sick little man. Don't worry about him though, he won't hurt you.

:o Lee, you little bastard(you said it), and it's ok, he lives in Britain, Im in Canda, All contry's lova Canada, for some reason :blink:

#45 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:34 AM

Rotfl. They hurt themselves because their slowly killing themselves with drugs, and that's a fact. Their hurting others because anyone who is exposed to it might think it's "cool" and join in and start killing themselves as well, which wouldn't have happened if the other person didn't start doing it in the first place. Didn't know it was that hard to understand.

Don't insult our inteligence. Its not hard to understand your point. Your point is flawed though, and so is your perception of the situation, so it makes it hard to reason with you.

To address the point in the medical sense, we're all dying anyway. We're all aging and thus, we're all going to die. How does it matter if you kill yourself by shooting heroin and making yourself feel better for a short time, or by dying at 85 with tubes stuck down your throat?

You contradicted yourself by saying that they only hurt themselves and then proceding to tell us how they can hurt other people.

#46 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:49 AM

nah, druggies can be cool as long as theyre not super-addicted.

Maybe to other druggies. Not to everyone else.

#47 Punk

Punk
  • 1360 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:11 PM

Drugs, is just wrong. For one thing, they're illegal. And 2, they distroy your body.

#48 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:59 PM

Doesn't mean they're wicked people that you can't hang out with. No, I'm not gonna give them 20 dollars to help buy their next fix, or let them mooch off me. But people are people. If they want to overdose or take risks of turning into a vegetable, fine by me. But it won't change their personality, which is usually why im friends with people.

#49 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

Leave the druggies alone man. I'm part druggy myself, I aint no skag head though. A bit of weed there or here never hurt anyone. Not in the long run anyway.

And if you went on for a bit how sad your life is, I probably would laugh.

#50 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:16 PM

Drugs, is just wrong. For one thing, they're illegal. And 2, they distroy your body.

Nope. That depends on the drug. Herione when used correctly and in proper quantities doesn't damage any braincells. LSD if properly made has a minimal chance of a 'bad acid trip' and Marijuana hardly kills any braincells and after 1 month the effects are completely gone and compared to the 11 years it take for the effects of smoking to wear off it's pretty good.

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 04 February 2006 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users