Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

I'm making a basic draft for a 'create your own religion.' This is not my complete version, just the raw concept. Please PLEASE make as many arguments as possible for it. The more I have, the closer I get an A so I can get out of this religion course I'm taking for before College on the 1st.

Bruce Hamilton
Janurary 25th, 2006
Religion Test (TopicID : 3 {Create a Religion})

RENGAI

1. What is Rengai?
2. What revolves around us?
3. Can we Prove rengai is real? How?
4. Why should Rengai be recongnized as a religion?
5. Is Rengai Atheism?
6. Arguments of Rengai

What is Rengai?

Rengai is the idea that life and the universe both tie in. It is such that we are all living creatures binded to logic. We believe that the world should be served to better everyone while they are alive, and by so, Rengai is a participant in events of the world and what we can do.

Rengai was formed originally as a type of healing that created the idea that it is our will to live that binds us to logic. When we die, the logic is lost and we are in a heavenly state of mind, able to do our desires to the best. Rengai was so efficent, it is regarded as a religion for many people.

What revolves around us?

There are two main essences to the universe : logic and life. Life is every being that allows their eyes to see reality. Logic is the reality we are binded to. Every human is an add to logic, a bind. When a human loses their will to live, and finally dies, they become without logic, therefore, in a happy state of mind, in a heavenly way to what is believed. For example, if you believed in the Christian God, you may die thinking that you are in Heaven. While as if you believe in no God, you may die thinking you are in a void of sleep. While if you are agnostic, you simply go to a random selection of faith in the mind.

3. Can we Prove rengai is real? How?

You may regard it as unbelievable, but Rengai is pretty straightfoward. Rengai is the idea that there is logic and life. These already exist, and bind to one another. Therefore, Rengai is at least two thirds correct. The afterlife part is not completely correct, but there have been studies of near death expiriences, where an atheist recalls eternal sleep, and a Christian regards heaven. It is not completely proven, but we are fairly straightfowards. We don't have prophets. We just have life and logic.

4. Why should Rengai be recongnized as a religion?

Rengai should be regarded as religion as it is foward to the message. Not only is Rengai partially correct at least, but the great concept of tolerance and peace brings us as a cheerful, caring, religion. Rengai is also compatable with many other religions, and can provide a great asset to many people.

5. Is Rengai Atheism?

No. Atheists straightfoward believe there is not a god, while Rengai does not completely deny the concept there could be a God.

6. Arguments of Rengai

args

Make as many arguments as possible. I need a ton. Thanks =P.

#2 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:24 PM

Well, that's kind of hard to make an argument against as it simply relies on logic and life, which both exist. I really don't see the belief in this, and it's not really coming across to me as a religion. One thing, they admit they flawed which should never be in a religion. I mean, technically everything is correct in the view of logic and life, but once it hits the afterlife that is completely wrong. What I don't understand is, they say you "lose your logic" when you do and go into a peaceful state of mind. Well for christians, it's heaven or hell and there is no way you can be in a peaceful state of mind in hell. And the better tem for that would be you "leave your body" which is correct in my view. Another thing, this "religion" never does specify a God, therefor leads a direct route to atheism, yet at the end they deny being a type of atheism because they don't deny the fact that there may be a God. Yet, if there "may be a God" then the whole logic behind after you die is flawed becasue you would be doing what ever "that God" had intended to happen instead of each person doing something else.

Overall, the general logic of this "religion" is short on description on general life living. They don't have any guidance to what is "right or wrong" nor do they state what kind of lifestyle the person should lead which exists in just about every single religion. What's really stupid is they are using extremely obvious stuff like "Logic and Life" to be able to say that "it is partially correct" and therefor assume they can be considered a religion which is not acceptable, at least to my standards. I could probably change a few things and add more if I had a little more information :p

Haha thanks, just need to get some more stuff in there. will update later when im working on it more.

#3 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:45 PM

When was Rengai created and found?

#4 Mumei

Mumei
  • 3545 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:01 PM

In my humble opinion the biggest force in religious thought is not logic and life - it's curiosity

people rarely want proof that what someone is telling them is true, they just want their curiosity to be answered

the simple questions like
what happens to me when I die,
what happens to me when I do bad things
what happens to me when I do good things
what's in it for me
why should I do anything in this world other than party

My theory is because you are at your most curious when you are a small child that's why most religions are caught from your parents - they can supply all the answers in a form that answers your curiosity

and it's only when people are "seekers" or when they've not had their curiosity sated that they go looking for more answers

any new religion will have to answer a few of the more basic questions, and maybe get the seeker to ask a few others

#5 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:51 PM

True, but the thing is most people look, but at the same time do not want to accept. They search and search for an answer to their curiosity, and when it's put right infront of them they deny every bit of it. I have noticed that alot now.

Yea im not trying to build a new religion, just one that appeals to everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users