• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

I started ranting Here and wanted to start another thread.

So why does everyone dislike Microsoft?

Microsoft rather you want to admit it or not has revolutionized the Computer/Tech AGE. They may have done this by stealing a little from here and a little from there, but if they didn't put it all together what would we have today? A bunch of green words maybe? a very basic looking computer. A simple image layout?

Some say that because they are crooks? I don't figure how they are crooks. They legally took items that where available. The used a little bit of social engineering to sale things that wasn't theirs. The sale their item for what everyone is willing to pay for it. I mean really some people say windows is priced too high. I know that if I was in there situation, where about 80 percent of the computer population are running windows, that I would charge the highest amount that I could possible charge and still get people to buy it. Some people say they wouldn't do this, but I say they are full of it.

DEBATE

#2 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:37 PM

Not quite. All theyve made is user friendly computers and a false sense of security. though they were a heavy contributor to internet users by 1995.

#3 Mumei

Mumei
  • 3545 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

I must say I don't agree with you here - in the early days of OS design there were systems that were FAR superiour to MS offerings

windows was just a poor clone of LISA in almost all aspects (personally I know about the Amiga OS and the many user defigned GUI's that were developed - this had graphics capabilities only dreamed of in the PC world

at the time the system was much better than PC's but where MS really did win was in the business market, and it's still in this arena that the real fight is

I would say the one thing the MS did was to "Standardise" the market - all the operating systems had different file systems, different media, different standards to almost everything

however after MS took over the business market it became a requirement to be able to transfer files between systems, so a shared standard arose (if only MS were to adere to them occasionally LOL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users