I Feel Like Owning People...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:45 PM

Go ahead, throw it at me. Why do you hate emo? If you own me you get a cookie.

#2 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:49 PM

I dont hate all emo. Well, depending on what you count as emo. Hawthorn Heights and MCR I dislike, except for the screamer in HH, he is amazing. I dislike some emo because its people with good lives, complaining about their lives. That kinda ticks me off.

#3 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

...Emo kids are not really emo. The REAL emo kids sit in corners by them selves, reading, drawing, writing, etc. These kids have something to actually be depressed over. Most "emo" people are really just part of a wanna-be "scene" who think they need to wear their girlfriend's pants and eyeliner to fit in. Therefore, they are called "Scenesters". Scenesters are the worse, because they give a bad name to the REAL emo kids (who, by the way, don't wear their sister's pants.)

The HxC/Emo scene has gotten completely out of control. Even the preps are following this horrendous trend. MUSIC IS NOT A FASHION. Get over it Scene kids, listen to music for music!!

I wonder when people will realize that the "scene" has become homogeneous. It's full of 14 year old girls with uneven bangs, black and white striped shirts, and tattered low-top black Chuck Taylor's, who swoon over homosexual kissing and pathetic whiny lyrics and overuse of the symbols.

Their favorite quote is, invariably, "The truth is you could slit my throat and with my one last gasping breath I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt" because it like, so totally describes their relationship with that one HAWT sophomore who totally ripped their hearts out when they were like, SO in love with him.

Their favorite type of music is, of course, "emo, screamo, and hardcore", three terms which, in their minds, invariably include the bands Taking Back Sunday, Thrice, and Hawthorne Heights.

Their AIM screennames often include x's, the words "electrikk", "disaster", or some play on their favorite song from their favorite band, you know, the one they saw on MTV like a couple times, but shouldn't be on MTV because they're like, way too emo for that.

They take hundreds of black and white pictures with way too much contrast of themselves looking plaintively down at the ground, pointing a gun made of their fingers at their heads, or kissing the camera while displaying their expert application of lip gloss around their labret piercing and the thick dark eyeliner that circles their eyes. (TDK Note: And these are the guys)

They embrace the "dork" that is inside their polished, fashionable exteriors by writing in their LiveJournals or Xangas about how they and their friends had an 'N Sync sing-a-long at one of their sleepovers because, remember, 'N Sync is soooo not popular anymore and they like, sooo wouldn't follow any of the fads of today, so they embrace the fads of yesterday.

They adore "retro fashion", meaning anything from the 80's, because they totally used to wear neon colors and big beaded bracelets, even though they were born in, at the earliest, 1988 and remember jack shit about the fashion and culture of the 80's.

It's full of "emo boys" who often are difficult to differentiate from "emo girls", who have meaningless tattoos even though they're 15, smoke a lot of cigarettes, drink a lot of hard liquor, and are in some shitty band that plays a couple of gigs in someone's basement because they're "too cool to go mainstream" when really, they just suck.

They weigh roughly 90 pounds, wear girls' jeans that hug their asses in just the right places, belts buckled somewhere around the side of their right leg, tight striped 80's style polo shirts or band t-shirts, and skater shoes, even though they don't skate because that's soooo lame.

They write awful poetry about the dark abyss of their souls and how the gun is pointed at their heads, the trigger poised to blast away the bloody memories of a failed romance. They cried when Blink-182 broke up, and they have a secret obsession with Avril Lavigne because, like, she really IS kinda hot even though her music totally sucks.

They spend more time at the mirror than their female counterparts do, making sure that the long black shock of hair at the front of their heads lies covering one eye just so, that their lip piercing is perfectly placed so that it looks hot when they kiss other boys, that their pants are the right degree of tightness so as not to exude gayness.

Emo boys and girls often use the suffix "Xcore" to describe themselves, using a number of adjectives or nouns to accomplish this task. This is a play off hardcore music, or "hXc". Some of these descriptive words include "fashionXcore", "retroXcore", or even "yournamehereXcore."

This way of speaking is retarded or nonsensical to everyone else except those "in the scene", but it totally doesn't matter because they're too nonconformistXcore for anyone to truly understand their "scene".

They couldn't name a Sunny Day Real Estate or Rites of Spring song if it came up and bit them on their Gap Jeans-clad asses, and they claim to like the Smiths because Jesse Lacey of Brand New said they were cool.

Sure, they listen to some new "hardcore" bands, but they're all pretty much the same five bands:
1. Taking Back Sunday
2. Senses Fail
3. Thrice
4. Hawthorne Heights
5. Story of the Year
To these promising young firecrackers, music takes a backseat to fashion in their scene of choice.

Emo girls just want to kiss emo boys, emo boys just want to kiss other emo boys, and they all want to wear tight pants and take lots of pictures of themselves. End of story. Because honestly? It's electrikk!

#4 Blazin

Blazin
  • 2201 posts

For people are beggining to think it is social acceptable to be a complete and utter cynic, and use their "problems" as an excuse to dress and act gothic; at least at my school. It's an EPIDEMIC, its the entire scheme of things. Fine, it's completly alright to feel sad about something, and listening to music is perfectly normal and possibly Cathardic. Just when it starts giving you horrible alternatives to things, such as not doing your work because your depressed, or suicide is always an option.... =/

I don't know - at first I thought it in analogical terms, corresponded with the "Pixel-Stretch"; it was just whored..o.o..

#5 Eggy

Eggy
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user.

• 1783 posts

Users Awards

Hmmm lets see... how to own someone....

YOUR MOM IS SO FAT SHE DOESNT LOVE YOU!

#6 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:51 PM

People put much more emphasis into the few things that are wrong with their lives rather then focusing on all the good things. The clothes are often disturbing, I do not enjoy the music. Frankly I have no understanding of the mindset.

#7 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

I'm emo, I wear a band shirt, jeans, sneakers, and semi long hair. I likeall 5 of those bands, but not huge on Thrice. Emo people are very easy to get their feelings off, and like songs they can relate too. Usualy emo people have something happen to them bad, then they comepare it to everything else.

Screw you whoever wrote the emo boys just wanna kiss other emo boys. I dont know a single homosexual emo guy.

#8 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:54 PM

Icey, what happened to you that was so bad?

#9 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:54 PM

...Emo kids are not really emo. The REAL emo kids sit in corners by them selves, reading, drawing, writing, etc. These kids have something to actually be depressed over. Most "emo" people are really just part of a wanna-be "scene" who think they need to wear their girlfriend's pants and eyeliner to fit in. Therefore, they are called "Scenesters". Scenesters are the worse, because they give a bad name to the REAL emo kids (who, by the way, don't wear their sister's pants.)

There we go. I don't dislike emo people if they have real problems, I dislike these people!

AND THEY DO SO WEAR THERE SISTERS PANTS! :lol:

#10 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:59 PM

People put much more emphasis into the few things that are wrong with their lives rather then focusing on all the good things. The clothes are often disturbing, I do not enjoy the music. Frankly I have no understanding of the mindset.

Emo isn't based on music. There are I'd ssay 3 types of emo. Post Hardcores, Death Metal, and people who just like their own music. I'm a Post Hardcore emo person. I pretty much exaggerate everything, but my friends are used to it. but my exaggerations are true, its just more then most people woudl say. The clothing style is always different, punk and emo is diferent. However... pop punk is emo... which might confuse some people. Punk people wear band shirts more then emo people. Emo people wear usualy the same clothing with either underground bands... their absolute favorite band, or just a blank zipper/hoodie.

AND THEY DO SO WEAR THERE SISTERS PANTS! :lol:

You're talking about a very small amount of emos... redneck emos as they are known in my school. Wear tight clothes.

Icey, what happened to you that was so bad?

Alot of divorices involving my brothers and sisters, something I'm not discussing in public... staff knows about it. Um, girl troubles, the normal teen thing. Doesn't take much to make someone emo. First step is enjoying the music. Most people dont' turn emo till 15 or 16.

Sure, they listen to some new "hardcore" bands, but they're all pretty much the same five bands:
1. Taking Back Sunday
2. Senses Fail
3. Thrice
4. Hawthorne Heights
5. Story of the Year
To these promising young firecrackers, music takes a backseat to fashion in their scene of choice.

Thrice is so old, same with Story of the Year. I don't know anyone else at my school that likes HH that isn't my friend. That list is missing the following:

-Fall Out Boy
-Underoath
-The Bled
-Rufio

To name some

#11 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:59 PM

My favourite thing to say to emo kids:
Go to central africa, get aids, and eat ONLY a bowl of slosh, ONLY once a month, and watch your parents die of starvation. Thats how the kids there live, and they still manage to get off a smile.
Get. Over. It.

#12 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:00 PM

I dont hate all emo. Well, depending on what you count as emo. Hawthorn Heights and MCR I dislike, except for the screamer in HH, he is amazing. I dislike some emo because its people with good lives, complaining about their lives. That kinda ticks me off.

If you like the HH screamer, get their new cd on Feb 28th, the screamer is so much better. Alot cleaner.

http://www.purevolum...awthorneheights

Listen to Saying Sorry

#13 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:01 PM

I'm emo, I wear a band shirt, jeans, sneakers, and semi long hair. I likeall 5 of those bands, but not huge on Thrice. Emo people are very easy to get their feelings off, and like songs they can relate too. Usualy emo people have something happen to them bad, then they comepare it to everything else.

Screw you whoever wrote the emo boys just wanna kiss other emo boys. I dont know a single homosexual emo guy.

Ok you asked to get own so.....=\

Emo People are emo cuase they wear black ALL THE CENSOREDING TIME.....I mean I would be depressed looking at the floor and wearing black.....really I should go ask a emo kid what color the sky is.....They probaly wouldn't know cuase they look at the ground ALL THE FLECKING TIME....You try talking to them they look backwards as if they have something better.....You here them humming there favorite songs ALL day in class and cry all the time cuase there 54th boyfriend broke up with them and there literally crushed and just kill my whole day. I mentioned lil jon to a emo guy at school....He said "OMFG you homo he rapped about my mama" And he goes crying in the classroom....really wtf.

Go cut your wrists if you feel bad.

#14 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

My favourite thing to say to emo kids:
Go to central africa, get aids, and eat ONLY a bowl of slosh, ONLY once a month. Thats how the kids there live, and they still manage to get off a smile.
Get. Over. It.

Its not about beign sad. I'm happy most the time. I enjyo listening to my favorite bands. Hitting local shows. Emo is more emotional only in lyrical form... such as poetry or songs. They tend to be big at parties, sober, non druggies, and furthermore I think its a decent life. Emo kids tend to be the nicest as well cause they are easy to talk to. Girls and Guys know they can talk to me about anything, and I wont judge.

#15 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

If you like the HH screamer, get their new cd on Feb 28th, the screamer is so much better. Alot cleaner.

http://www.purevolum...awthorneheights

Listen to Saying Sorry

Maybe he enjoyed the screaming because it didn't sound so clean?

#16 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

Emo People are emo cuase they wear black ALL THE CENSOREDING TIME.....I mean I would be depressed looking at the floor and wearing black.....really I should go ask a emo kid what color the sky is.....They probaly wouldn't know cuase they look at the ground ALL THE FLECKING TIME....You try talking to them they look backwards as if they have something better.....You here them humming there favorite songs ALL day in class and cry all the time cuase there 54th boyfriend broke up with them and there literally crushed and just kill my whole day. I mentioned lil jon to a emo guy at school....He said "OMFG you homo he rapped about my mama" And he goes crying in the classroom....really wtf.

Go cut your wrists if you feel bad.

Frist of all, F THE F'ING CUT YOUR WRISTS sterotype. Hawthorne Heights started that in the song Ohio is for Lovers with the line: "So cut my wrists and black my eyes." They were the first band to do it, and everyone uses it against emo. That song is more Post Hardcore and Pop Punk then Emo. Its prolly early emo, known as Indie. The reason we only wear black is cause thats all oru damned band shirts come in. Try and find a zipper hoodie that isn't black. They don't exhist. Plus, we hate to be noticed. Girl emos are alot different, they tend to cry alot and vent their feelings in public. I do it only with close friends.

#17 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Only thing I have to admit...is that some of there songs are really good cuase they mean something unlike rappers cuase they just talk about the big boom in the bed.

#18 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Maybe he enjoyed the screaming because it didn't sound so clean?

Just listen Travis, you have no idea what I'm talking about by clean. I mean it doens't sound so distort, it sounds real.

#19 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:05 PM

What you represent I can accept Icey :p . Exxageration although annoying sometimes (usually only if you don't like the person ;) ) is all right, and its ok to support your favourite band.

Extremists always ruin the idea for everyone else...

#20 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:05 PM

Frist of all, F THE F'ING CUT YOUR WRISTS sterotype. Hawthorne Heights started that in the song Ohio is for Lovers with the line: "So cut my wrists and black my eyes." They were the first band to do it, and everyone uses it against emo. That song is more Post Hardcore and Pop Punk then Emo. Its prolly early emo, known as Indie. The reason we only wear black is cause thats all oru damned band shirts come in. Try and find a zipper hoodie that isn't black. They don't exhist. Plus, we hate to be noticed. Girl emos are alot different, they tend to cry alot and vent their feelings in public. I do it only with close friends.

My GF is like semi emo....wtf is that...like drama? xD

by the way the bands need color.....black is stupid.

#21 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:06 PM

Only thing I have to admit...is that some of there songs are really good cuase they mean something unlike rappers cuase they just talk about the big boom in the bed.

Welcome to Detroit City Bitches
I said Welcoem to #$%$%# Detroit City

#22 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:06 PM

1. Wrong. I own three zipper hoodies, in grey, green and red.
2. Wrong. Indie is Independant, a type of label. Indie bands were only slapped with emo because most of them suck so much, the only labels they can get are indie.
3. You are post harcore. HH is post hardcore. See a connection?

#23 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

My GF is like semi emo....wtf is that...like drama? xD

Everyone is semi-emo, your gonna tell me you never feel a strong emotion? Emo is short for Emotional

1. Wrong. I own three zipper hoodies, in grey, green and red.
2. Wrong. Indie is Independant, a type of label. Indie bands were only slapped with emo because most of them suck so much, the only labels they can get are indie.
3. You are post harcore. HH is post hardcore. See a connection?

1- Are they band shirts?
2- Indie lables are emo, so you really had no point there. Indie became emo with the new rush of Post Hardcore music becomeing main stream
3- Post Hardcore is more of a generalization then emo. PH refers to bands like HH, and TBS, and Rufio...

#24 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

Everyone is semi-emo, your gonna tell me you never feel a strong emotion? Emo is short for Emotional

Ya but not as like some people are....Like if there distant cousin dies then his month is ruined....

#25 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:09 PM

Im everybodies solid rock of support to lean on ;)

:p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users