Dress Codes

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

Should they be allowed in public schools? Should they be forced on public schools?

Debate

#2 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:25 PM

Yes. I do not want someone naked to walk up to the school.

#3 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:31 PM

What I mean is White buttoned up dress shirt with black dress pants for example.

#4 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:37 PM

I don't really care as long as there aren't 14 year old freshmen walking around dressed like 30 year old prostitutes.

#5 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:41 PM

What I mean is White buttoned up dress shirt with black dress pants for example.

Then yes, it would be better then having emo kids wear shirts on their favorite bands and mocking society with their clothing style.

#6 iloveorange

iloveorange
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

Schools that have dress codes are hippocrates. At school, they try to encourage you to be yourself. I myself like to be different, I don't like to dress like the average person. I want to express myself freely, how could anyone do this with a dress code?

#7 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

Elementary school yes, because there's a need for them to understand the importance of having a strict dress code in some of the professions in the society.

#8 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

I'm going to have to say yes, schools should have dress-codes. With profane t-shirts? I don't mind those. But I do mind when I see people wearing baggy pants that the crotch is down to the floor and I can see your underwear. Same applies with ultra-low waist jeans and a thong. We don't need to see that. (I don't mind thongs, but you don't have to flaunt your ass to the world, thank you very much. Especially in school. You can do that outside of school!) and what about wearing bikinis to school? See, stuff like that is why we need a dress code. I don't think a lot of parents and teachers and even students would be happy if some people strut around in a bikini at school. Sure there could be hot girls wearing a bikini but what about the not-so-pretty girls... haha, so yeah.

#9 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'm going to have to say yes, schools should have dress-codes. With profane t-shirts? I don't mind those. But I do mind when I see people wearing baggy pants that the crotch is down to the floor and I can see your underwear. Same applies with ultra-low waist jeans and a thong. We don't need to see that. (I don't mind thongs, but you don't have to flaunt your ass to the world, thank you very much. Especially in school. You can do that outside of school!) and what about wearing bikinis to school? See, stuff like that is why we need a dress code. I don't think a lot of parents and teachers and even students would be happy if some people strut around in a bikini at school. Sure there could be hot girls wearing a bikini but what about the not-so-pretty girls... haha, so yeah.

Yeah I agree with all that.
I've always enjoyed having a dresscode at school to be honest (im lazy at 6am in the morning, dont feel like fixing an outfit). Heard from alot of others who didnt have a dresscode that youre basicly nothing if you dont got all that brand stuff anyway, or the latest "cool" things.. wich u shouldnt be able to afford when ur 15.
When I entered uni I didnt have a dresscode anymore and I missed it at times :p I do enjoy wearing things I like more than a boring schooloutfit tho, and tt is easier to find people in a big crowd now :D

#10 iloveorange

iloveorange
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

Yeah I agree with all that.
I've always enjoyed having a dresscode at school to be honest (im lazy at 6am in the morning, dont feel like fixing an outfit). Heard from alot of others who didnt have a dresscode that youre basicly nothing if you dont got all that brand stuff anyway, or the latest "cool" things.. wich u shouldnt be able to afford when ur 15.
When I entered uni I didnt have a dresscode anymore and I missed it at times :p I do enjoy wearing things I like more than a boring schooloutfit tho, and tt is easier to find people in a big crowd now :D

You could pretend your school has a dress code, buy 7 of the same or similar outfits, and wear them to school. You could be the cool kid at your school. : ) Every time some one tells you that your school doesn't have a dress code, insist it does and that no one is following it.

#11 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:32 AM

Schools that have dress codes are hippocrates. At school, they try to encourage you to be yourself. I myself like to be different, I don't like to dress like the average person. I want to express myself freely, how could anyone do this with a dress code?

If you were to express yourself freely, you would be a naked man runnin' down the streets punching your man boobs like a gorilla

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:06 AM

If the only way you can think to express yourself is by wearing shiny clothes, I pity you.

#13 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

You could pretend your school has a dress code, buy 7 of the same or similar outfits, and wear them to school. You could be the cool kid at your school. : ) Every time some one tells you that your school doesn't have a dress code, insist it does and that no one is following it.

Sorry thats just dumb.

If the only way you can think to express yourself is by wearing shiny clothes, I pity you.

Exactly. I never feel like im expressing myself through my clothes anyway.

Edited by Milady, 04 October 2010 - 10:27 AM.

#14 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

Posted Image

~*~*~YO HATER DONT JUDGE*~*~*~*~*~

#15 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:05 AM

Posted Image

lolololol

#16 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:35 AM

Posted Image

Hot linking makes you look foolish.

#17 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:17 AM

Hot linking makes you look foolish.

i dont feel like uploading a repulsive image onto my personal flickr account
fail for me LOLOL

#18 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:41 AM

We Gaga fans don't want your pity. We want your lav lav lav.

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

We Gaga fans don't want your pity. We want your lav lav lav.

And you have it.

i dont feel like uploading a repulsive image onto my personal flickr account
fail for me LOLOL

Then... use something else?
Lazy fucker.

#20 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

And you have it.

Then... use something else?
Lazy fucker.

Do not want.

#21 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

And you have it.

:)

Posted Image
See how shiny? This is what kids should wear to school. So they will be magical and fabulous.

I'd lose the headband, personally, because I don't like looking like fuckin' Pocahontas.

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

Do not want.

Ever heard of Tinypic?

Also, a large amount of women in short skirts 5-6 days a week? I'm okay with this.

#23 Milodar

Milodar
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

On a larger scale, I don't really care. I'm out of school now, but I wrote papers on stuff like this, and my opinion was always no. It's not really fair, especially pertaining to myself because I wouldn't be able to wear virtually all my clothes, and I also would be a lot more bored by not being able to make fun of people by the way they dress.

But seriously, I'd take just about anything to make the furries stop dressing like furries in public. <_<

#24 xavarn

xavarn
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:50 PM

Who cares what other people dress like? In my opinion you should be able to wear what you want where you want. Now on that same note, it should also be ok for society to criticize what you wear but i think that would do some good too because people now days really cant seem to take criticism.

#25 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

We should all just be naked.

...Although, I don't necessarily mind a dress code; I went to a school for seven years that required you to wear a uniform. It saves time in the morning and potentially feelings if you don't have the latest brand names. "Expressing yourself" is all well and good, but not all people do it in a way that... adheres to social norms. A dress code rectifies all of this.

Edited by Vendectus, 18 October 2010 - 02:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users