Photo

Police Abusing Their Powers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 volycz

volycz
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:08 AM

this is a discussion of what you think of the law enforcement. the men/women who are entrusted basically your life on to save you when you are in need and to make you feel protected even with a little extent of it...
ANY discussions about them and your views on them is welcome.

these are just a list of things I noticed about the way they operate and I was wondering what your input is.

1. This I just saw in the morning, so I wasn't too happy with it, the police men who drive cars, they are impatient and won't wait at the light, right off they flash there lights to get the "move aside so I can pass" basically when there is NO emergency, what kind of excersise of power is that? I call it abusing it. I thought there was a law agaisnt that but then I guess not.

2. Some of them are racist. Now I sure as heck know that some are lol, cause reading the news papers, you see most of the articles of police brutality and excessive force where it is basically NOT needed. it doesn't make me feel safe considering im a minority myself.

3. Not too long ago, there was a report of police mafia, acutal cops who are COVERING up mafia hits, I was like wow, dont' they take like lie detectors or do an extensive background check??

4. The rule "they can only speed, not you"

I'm sure there are plenty of officers who are great, but we probably dont see those because they are simply doing what they're "supposed to do". They protect us from what we often do not know.

#2 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:10 AM

1. God, yes. There is one cop on campus that does that all the time and he's nearly caused several wrecks (just from what I've seen, Lord knows what else has happened). In High School I had a cop try to arrest me and my friends for leaving campus during a basketball game. Granted she told us not to, but we were also told by a teacher to go to the grocery store and pick up some supplies. It wasn't until my father, Prosecuting Attorney at the time, showed up that she gave up. She even drug me and my friend out of the bathroom to get us. She was fired like a year later.

2. Cops are human, and, unfortunatly, that means they also somtimes have the major flaws, such as racism. If nothing else, I wish that they were capable of being professional enough to restrain themselves, but its not always going to happen. Also, saying minority isn't really necisary in this case, minorities can be racists as well. =/

3. Once again, human flaws. >.< Probably mostly for money, some of them are probably also protecting themselves.

4. Eh, clump that with number 1.

Really, the whole judicial system frightens me, its become more politics than justice and thats harming innocents and freeing the guilty. Highly disturbing.

#3 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:37 AM

I agree with most people that some police abuse their powers and sometimes that's just not right, these people are entrusted to protect and serve us, (In fact I think that's a motto somewhere), and they abuse these powers given to us.

But it's not all police officers, infact it's in such a small minority that it shouldn't even be classified as a problem, unless of course it grows bigger or there's blatant proof of abuse of power. They're probably just as many doctors, nurses, firemen, lawyers, and anyone else in a profession of trust that abuse their powers, but because of such the small minority it really isn't classified as a problem.

But then again in my opinion not all abusing is bad. Think about it, do you think rapists, murderers and paedophiles get treated like kings? Think about it. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users