Evolution Or Creation?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:41 AM

Some people literally have felt killing was right. Hitler, for example, is a well known sociopath that killed the jewish. He felt he was doing the right thing by destroying the "evil" for god.

And if you want to be so technical about faith :

I'm sitting in a chair in a small house. I have faith it is a chair, rather than a couch. I have faith I am living in a small house. It cannot be 100% proven, but its damn well close enough for me to think its a chair.

#27 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:48 PM

Do you take the red pill, or the blue pill?

Watching a bit of the Matrix aye? ;)

#28 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:06 PM

Do you take the red pill, or the blue pill?
Watching a bit of the Matrix aye? ;)

I hate those movies. But the red pill.

#29 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

Erm , elvolution , I would say.
I mean , wouldn't it be cool if all our ansestors are monkeys!We must've came a long way since then too. :p

But I would say evolution.Personally , I don't even think god created this planted.-Or that god creats any of us. :o I think the big bang created what we call Earth.
Now no , no , I'm not sure how we came upon or how we were created , but I don't think god made us from scratch.Yes , Iam going against the bibe and the: 'God created the Earth in six (?) days' theory , but if god did/does happen to be creating us , then why are there born-ill children , diabled children . ect.?I don't think 'god' could just sit back and choose whos life to ruin or make hard.
IMO we created eachother. Women/mothers creat babies and that us our circle of life. :blink: Anywho , trailing off here ...
Evolution is my opinion.We have advanced over time. :whistling:

#30 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

I mean , wouldn't it be cool if all our ansestors are monkeys!We must've came a long way since then too. :p

But I would say evolution.Personally , I don't even think god created this planted.-Or that god creats any of us. :o I think the big bang created what we call Earth.
Now no , no , I'm not sure how we came upon or how we were created , but I don't think god made us from scratch.Yes , Iam going against the bibe and the: 'God created the Earth in six (?) days' theory , but if god did/does happen to be creating us , then why are there born-ill children , diabled children . ect.?I don't think 'god' could just sit back and choose whos life to ruin or make hard.
IMO we created eachother. Women/mothers creat babies and that us our circle of life. :blink: Anywho , trailing off here ...

To the argument from evil : God created humanity, which is the line between good and evil.

#31 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:25 PM

Wait.... You don't see monkeys with down syndrome which down syndrome is a trait...... So basicaly monekys do not have down syndrome so they couldn't have been our anncestors.....

#32 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:35 PM

Wait.... You don't see monkeys with down syndrome which down syndrome is a trait...... So basicaly monekys do not have down syndrome so they couldn't have been our anncestors.....

Not particularly. We could've devolped those illnesses over the years.
-And maybe we were a different typ of money , not the typs we have today.... :whistling:

#33 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:10 PM

And this whole satan thing? The world was perfect at first, then we sinned. We face these conditions everyday not because God purposefully put them there, but because we created them ourselves. For example, drugs wouldn't be a problem at all if we hadn't created them in the first place. Drugs and smoking are what cause alot of children to be born with alot of these common symptons.

One thing though, all I heard in that post is how unsure you were, yet you still firmly believe in something. That's not a very good standpoint to be arguging against, or defending your own beliefs.

O yay , this is gonna be fun! :funone:

What makes you think Iam unsure?
I do not have a fayth , nor religion.Religion has gotton too serious and strict over the years. You should have your own choices , but still be accepted in that religion. They allways want something from you ... Religion is about communtiy , family .. Not excluding none belivers ... Trailing off here ...
If you bothered to read my last post I said that humans developed thoses illnesses by themselves.So , I will addmit , I contridict myself in a way.
However , some babies were born with illnesses , nothing we can do.
I just don't see 'god' doing that.
Don't get me wrong , I believe in some form of 'god' , however , I think he did not create us.I think the big bang created us , we evolved on our own terms , and then god took note of us.-And now watches down on us , ect.
But in a way , religions often contridict themselves.One example , in christianity it says that all other relgions will be condemed to hell , am I not right?-However , there religion is based on Jesus Christ , while he was a jew.Would he condem his own people?I think not.
Evolution is my theory and opinion.

Edited by xXxBrok3nxXx, 18 February 2006 - 06:11 PM.

#34 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:29 PM

O yay , this is gonna be fun! :funone:

What makes you think Iam unsure?
I do not have a fayth , nor religion.Religion has gotton too serious and strict over the years. You should have your own choices , but still be accepted in that religion. They allways want something from you ... Religion is about communtiy , family .. Not excluding none belivers ... Trailing off here ...
If you bothered to read my last post I said that humans developed thoses illnesses by themselves.So , I will addmit , I contridict myself in a way.
However , some babies were born with illnesses , nothing we can do.
I just don't see 'god' doing that.
Don't get me wrong , I believe in some form of 'god' , however , I think he did not create us.I think the big bang created us , we evolved on our own terms , and then god took note of us.-And now watches down on us , ect.
But in a way , religions often contridict themselves.One example , in christianity it says that all other relgions will be condemed to hell , am I not right?-However , there religion is based on Jesus Christ , while he was a jew.Would he condem his own people?I think not.
Evolution is my theory and opinion.

*Head explodes from bad grammar and spelling*. Who created the big bang then? God. So even if your theory is correct god did create us. If Christianity is 'right' then it's not God's fault that Judism still exists, people are still Jewish because they chose to be. Jesus told everyone to convert or something along those lines, not his fault if some people didn't listen to him.

#35 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:35 PM

*Head explodes from bad grammar and spelling*. Who created the big bang then? God. So even if your theory is correct god did create us. If Christianity is 'right' then it's not God's fault that Judism still exists, people are still Jewish because they chose to be. Jesus told everyone to convert or something along those lines, not his fault if some people didn't listen to him.

LOL!

I still think it's wrong for a religion to force people into believing in something.
Jesus Christ or not , everybody should have there own beliefs , and not get sent to hell for them in that case.
-And your paragraph not comming from a Christian , that sounded odd.

And as for the big bang , god created the stars , planets , ect.
But , he didnt dilivertly creat us.It just happend without his knowing.Then his attention also turned to us.
It happend with his creations , but not purposly.So to me , that is not creating something.When you creat something , you must be dilibertly doing it.

#36 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

Faith can be applied to everything, as I mentioned (then was asked what pill I was taking by the concerned {and the sense of questioning} Frizzle) earlier. The idea is, we are arguing about what is the correct 'faith'. You cannot completely tell someone not to debate when there is faith around everything. Especially since we are in the Debate forum.

But why have we not discussed other faiths here? Personally, Judaism and Islam are both more well sensed than christianity in my opinion.

In the end when it comes to teaching it should boil down to not teaching it. Some people are worried about financial issues with the teaching, so they should only teach one. Why not best let the student be taught whatever the hell they want outside of school than be fed what they might think is garbage?

Whether there is a God or no, it's not the schools desicion to teach one or the other.

#37 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:45 PM

LOL!

I still think it's wrong for a religion to force people into believing in something.
Jesus Christ or not , everybody should have there own beliefs , and not get sent to hell for them in that case.
-And your paragraph not comming from a Christian , that sounded odd.

And as for the big bang , god created the stars , planets , ect.
But , he didnt dilivertly creat us.It just happend without his knowing.Then his attention also turned to us.
It happend with his creations , but not purposly.So to me , that is not creating something.When you creat something , you must be dilibertly doing it.

Wth. How can God 'accidently' create a universe and not know about it? He's all powerful so he can't accidently do something. Also, why do I need to be a Christian to write from there perspective?

#38 Mitch

Mitch
  • 1237 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

When a Big stick of dynamite blows up.... does a stuffed animal come out? HELL NO. Therefore wrong/ I don't give a shit if some people thing that a explosion could come from nothingness...If that is true then we would be haveing explosions in space everywhere where 'nothing' is.

#39 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:19 PM

When a Big stick of dynamite blows up.... does a stuffed animal come out? HELL NO. Therefore wrong/ I don't give a shit if some people thing that a explosion could come from nothingness...If that is true then we would be haveing explosions in space everywhere where 'nothing' is.

This is an explosion that created the nothing that is space, not humans. Humans were a proccess which took millions of years to create. If you think of it, we are all a ton of chemicals combined. With the proper combination of elements, it can create sensory and thought.

Which in some ways, I find it funny we can try to comprehend the beginning of the universe to be created by a spirit. Though I contradict myself as a pathetic, weak human that I also find the idea of attempting to comprehend the origins of the universe, when we are at least only nine hundred ninety decitillionth of the universe. and thats an understatement.

#40 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:35 PM

Well seeing as your a christian, it's a simple belief. The bible specifically says that the Holy Spirit (Where our moral law comes from) was always on the earth.

It says the Holy Spirit is with those who are with Christ. And there have been many tests, such as asking a sociopath about their crimes while monitoring their blood pressure and brain waves. Nothing. They don't respond where the average person would have increased blood pressure and brain waves would rise in frequency. While it is possible to calm yourself enough that the blood pressure wouldn't change, the way people beat the lie detector, its not very likely that every sociopath tested, some of them younger children, would be capable. Also, its not possible to change your brain waves without being in the middle of deep concentration, something the tester would notice.

#41 Bora

Bora
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:22 AM

This is an explosion that created the nothing that is space, not humans. Humans were a proccess which took millions of years to create. If you think of it, we are all a ton of chemicals combined. With the proper combination of elements, it can create sensory and thought.

Which in some ways, I find it funny we can try to comprehend the beginning of the universe to be created by a spirit. Though I contradict myself as a pathetic, weak human that I also find the idea of attempting to comprehend the origins of the universe, when we are at least only nine hundred ninety decitillionth of the universe. and thats an understatement.

Actually, I find it funny that the earth would be millions of years old.

Over the years, the moon has been getting further and further from earth, and us closer and closer to the sun. If the earth had been over a million years old, the moon at one point would have been a part of the earth, and we would be too far from the sun to live.

#42 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:07 AM

millions? its billions of years old, took millions of years to create an enviroment that was stable.

#43 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:37 AM

And uhhh YEAH, it is Gods choice at the end of the day.

#44 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:35 AM

And your trusting man's instruments on this one? Pathetic. Also, please point out to be specifically where it desginates he will only be with christians, because I'm not aware that is says that.
No, they say anyone who deny's and refuses to accept Jesus as their savior and christ goes to hell. Where the hell did you get that idea? Oh yea, what is this?
It takes faith to believe in a God.....

You're trusting "man's instrument" to tell you what I said right now. You trust man's instruments every time you turn on a light, everytime you take medication, God gave us the ability to think. He gave us the ability to utilize the earth to thrive, that's why we're the dominate species. To laugh at that concept, is to laugh in God's face.

Yes, of course, Jesus was a Jew. However, the only real difference between Judaism and Christianity is the belief that Jesus of Nazareth was Gods son. Jews believe he was a prophet and that God's son has yet to come. They're still living by "Old Testament" faith while Christianity is based more so off of the laws AFTER Christ died. Christianity did not exist until he came back from the dead and spread the word to his disciples who furthered it into what we know of today. Christianity didn't exist in the time of Christ, so he couldn't have been a Christian.
That's a very flawed and very overused argument.

#45 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:53 AM

And your trusting man's instruments on this one? Pathetic. Also, please point out to be specifically where it desginates he will only be with christians, because I'm not aware that is says that.
No, they say anyone who deny's and refuses to accept Jesus as their savior and christ goes to hell. Where the hell did you get that idea? Oh yea, what is this?
It takes faith to believe in a God.....

I wouldn't say I built my beliefs on faith.
I'm not a very religious person.
I do believe in some form of god , yes , but not fully on faith.
A small part faith and hope however.
If god does exist then tell me , oh wise one , why does he let bad things happen to good people , but stops things he doesn't like?
That , my good man , is what pushes me to deny 'god'.

Yes, of course, Jesus was a Jew. However, the only real difference between Judaism and Christianity is the belief that Jesus of Nazareth was Gods son. Jews believe he was a prophet and that God's son has yet to come. They're still living by "Old Testament" faith while Christianity is based more so off of the laws AFTER Christ died. Christianity did not exist until he came back from the dead and spread the word to his disciples who furthered it into what we know of today. Christianity didn't exist in the time of Christ, so he couldn't have been a Christian.
That's a very flawed and very overused argument.

Thank you , Sakura , for refreshing my mind with that , however , unfortunitly I knew all that.Iam following Judaism.
What I was reffering to an older topic where AliasxNeo posted that Jesus Christ would send all other religions to hell to parish.-Including Judaism.
So , I just don't think he would do that. But yes , he possibly did come down and tell humanity to worship him as god , or be sent to hell as punishment.

Edited by xXxBrok3nxXx, 19 February 2006 - 09:54 AM.

#46 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:58 AM

Wait, you deny God, you have little to no faith, but you're a practicing Jew? That doesn't work, hun, not in the least.
And IF you knew all of that, why would you make that sort of argument?
Also, the reason why "bad things happen" is because we have free will, even bad people have free will, and its effects the people around them.

#47 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:07 AM

Wait, you deny God, you have little to no faith, but you're a practicing Jew? That doesn't work, hun, not in the least.
And IF you knew all of that, why would you make that sort of argument?
Also, the reason why "bad things happen" is because we have free will, even bad people have free will, and its effects the people around them.

Oh , for Christs sakes.
Iam not , and I never had or will , deny god.
I just don't think he created us.
Iam saying that about our freedom of will because in the other thread a Christian said it is against there religion to duplicate and god will stop them by making something bad happen.
If god is so offended by us trying to make life , why won't he just tell us instead of making the presidient of that company die , for example?
I believe in god 100% , I just don't think he created us. He created the things that created us.
That is like a mother giving birth , to Christians , god gave us the body , and we gave birth with it.

#48 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:26 AM

Oh , for Christs sakes.
Iam not , and I never had or will , deny god.
I just don't think he created us.
Iam saying that about our freedom of will because in the other thread a Christian said it is against there religion to duplicate and god will stop them by making something bad happen.
If god is so offended by us trying to make life , why won't he just tell us instead of making the presidient of that company die , for example?
I believe in god 100% , I just don't think he created us. He created the things that created us.
That is like a mother giving birth , to Christians , god gave us the body , and we gave birth with it.

You keep going back on what you say. In this thread or the other, can't remember which you say you believe in A god not THE God. Which means you don't necissarily believe in the Christian God, which is what we're talking about in this case.

And Alias I looked up your question: 1 Corinthians 2: 12-14

We have not recieved the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us...The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God."

#49 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:35 AM

Please remember this is a debat forum, not the Flame-who-doesn't-agree-with-you forum.

The fighting's scary :(

#50 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:40 AM

Ah, its all in good sport. ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users