• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:22 PM

Many of you might know that a few days ago, we announced on neopian hackers that our autobuyer project was closed. This was during the downti'me of neocodex and I had forgotten to announce it here. This is what we wrote on neopianhackers.[quote name='Hydrogen]were not interested in proving ourselves if we have to write a new ocr everyday. Neo_grl can find out the hard way if she wants to but we are dropping out of the ab contest because we no longer wish to waste our resources on something that is not as beneficial as we would hope[/quote][quote=ShadowLink64]As you all know' date=' I was the one making the restocker for NeoCodex. At the start, I didn't even know I was in a contest, so I started making an RSer, and an excellent one at that Too bad many unfortunate coincidences got in the way, and brought me into a state of frustration. The thing is, AutoBuyers will be extinct soon, because they will keep changing the URL of the code picture, and changing the picture itself, so I figured, "There's no use going on! neo_grl can have her title as "AB War Winner". Our program is 100% complete except for the part with the code....... we have obtained an OCR, but I am not interested in continuing this contest.[/quote']This was due to neopets changing the kauvara code 2 ti'mes every day. Once this constant changing stops, we will re-open our rser project, but for now we dont want to waste our resources on something so futile.

We apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the autobuyer. If you want some screenshots on what the autobuyer looked like here they are:
http://I'mg11.exs.cx/I'mg11/6978/RSer1.gif
http://I'mg11.exs.cx/I'mg11/6742/RSer2.gif
http://I'mg11.exs.cx/I'mg11/4176/RSer3.gif
http://I'mg11.exs.cx/I'mg11/9172/RSer4.gif

NOTE: The autobuyer was not yellow, something messed up when Shadowlink pasted the screenshot in paint. The autobuyer was actually grey.

#2 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:32 PM

hopefully tnt will stop changing the code and it will reopen

#3 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:35 PM

hopefully tnt will stop changing the code and it will reopen

TNT will become too lazy to change the code. A month tops :)

#4 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:37 PM

lets hope so

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:41 PM

TNT will become too lazy to change the code. A month tops :p

I dont believe that it is tnt that is changing the code. I think that they wrote a script to keep changing it every so often. if that is true, then these code changes will never stop :) .

#6 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:53 PM

Well like Trevor said he is going to infiltrate TNT and destroy the script lol. Trevor now dont get caught ya hear? :)

#7 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:55 PM

Well like Trevor said he is going to infiltrate TNT and destroy the script lol. Trevor now dont get caught ya hear? :)

yeah lol...dont get caught...if you do, we will need a new candidate for president :p

#8 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:55 PM

Yes, I think HydroGen is right, Because they nearly change the code every week and it would probly take atleast an hour.

I dont think this project will reopen and I also see it as a waste of our programming resources. People may like it, beg for it, cry for it. But the two programmers working on it will get it done then the code changes again. They do somthing that they probly don't even care about they just want to make people happy. These guys need a rest from programming

Give a round of appluase to the creaters of the Ulti'mate restocker! 
                          Shadowlink64 and DaBouncer

If I left anyone out correct me :)

Edited by xBullet, 04 July 2004 - 03:58 PM.

#9 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:57 PM

Yes, I think HydroGen is right, Becuase they nearly chnage the code every week and it would probly take atleast and hour.

I dont think this project will reopen and I also see it as a waste of our programming resources. People may like it, beg for it, cry for it. But the two programmers working on it will get it done then the code changes again. They do somthing that they probly don't even care about they just want to make people happy. These guys need a rest from programming

Give a round of appluase to the creaters of the Ulti'mate restocker! 
                          Shadowlink64 and DaBouncer

If I left anyone out correct me :)

nope, I believe thats all :p   :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

#10 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:00 PM

I don't see the reason in re-opening it hydro I seriously don't ....

#11 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:02 PM

Grrr lets go to TNt and go :raygun: them. if that doesnt work we'll do this :p  
Then lets go :starwars: on them.  Theyll be :stretcher: and eventually :rip:
As you can see I'm very high right now. :)

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:03 PM

I don't see the reason in re-opening it hydro I seriously don't ....

Well, we put in all that work, and if we ever get a chance to re-open it, we will...we want to release it...we just dont want to waste our resources :)

#13 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:14 PM

Maybe release the source to all programmers and they could help complete it when it re-opens?

#14 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:37 PM

Maybe release the source to all programmers and they could help complete it when it re-opens?

thats not up to me, its up to shadowlink64...I dont think he will release the source though.

#15 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:11 PM

what about changing the name and taking the aber out

no nevermind that wouldn't work

#16 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:47 PM

TNT are dorks. Well although it is disappointing, it probably will help with the whole mega hype thing, about this RSer. Maybe now some people will fobecause more on the other I'mpressive, and useful programs, not to mention the forums. Sad to see all your hard work have to stop like this for now. Oh well... party on! :(

#17 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:07 PM

we can always make a universal ocr reader :D
but I don't know how hard that is because I I'm not a programmer :(

#18 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:10 PM

Youre an artmoney guy. And a dam good one too. Be proud of yourself. :(

#19 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2004 - 09:28 PM

they are pretty hard to write, because you would have to offer capabilities for every type of I'mage tnt could possibly throw at you with every font... :eek:

#20 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:41 AM

ONe thing I'm happy with is to see that the people at neocodex dont mind that we dropped out of the contest. that shows what a great community we are. Doesn't it Hydro?

#21 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:43 AM

they are pretty hard to write, because you would have to offer capabilities for every type of I'mage tnt could possibly throw at you with every font... :eek:

ssshh!! hydro don't give them the idea of changing the font ;) :)

#22 HoHoMaN90

HoHoMaN90
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:17 AM

instead of an ocr why not create a module that will parse the html for the login page and show the I'mage in the program and let the user put in what he sees. might eli'minate the need for a lot of extra work. jsut a though :D

HoHoMaN90

#23 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:47 AM

hey I just got adams address ^_^ mwhahaha ill kick hi'm extra hard

DAMN U TNT, you  better stop changing that code!

#24 Shivi

Shivi
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:43 PM

Ah well that sucks... don't really care though...

Edit: X somehow fixed auto X and its working o.0 and post 666  :p

Edited by Shivi, 05 July 2004 - 12:44 PM.

#25 basikal

basikal
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:50 PM

Ah well that sucks... don't really care though...

Edit: X somehow fixed auto X and its working o.0 and post 666  :o

FB fixed his and its working fine too :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users