Photo

Constructive Criticism

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:37 PM

With recent "troubles" I thought it would be nice to have a little fun learning thread.

If you would like others to honestly AND constructively explain to you what you need to improve on, post your name here.

If you feel uncomfortable about this, just don't post your request, and you can ask for others to stop at any point.

If this gets out of hand even once, I'll ask this to be closed. This is for all of us to learn about ourselves.

I'll start out,
What's wrong with:
Sakura.Seppun/Sakura
Tetiel
Toxic Hobo
xBrokenx
FunGun/Camii
Simon/ _
Warlord
Sockopen
Dck
XBullet/Stephen
Blazindragon
Athean/Bruce
Rambo/Bambi
Shorty
Haku_jin
Blizzana/Radiuju
Zulfi
Zero.Delocke
Juju
BrknPhoenix
Cerberus/Kamal/Abysal
MrZanzibar
Archon
Vegeto/Tao
Punk
Lemonblood/Nitr0x
R4U!/Raui
Shadowwolves
Sean
Balistix
Harley
Dan
Fred/Derf
Hoju
Scope
Funnelcake
Minaeus/Nythius?
Cokiwah
Zaiban

#2 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

You're not on MSN enough, that's what! *rawrs at you*

This may be interesting... *chuckles* add me.

#3 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

This thread has a huge chance to go horribly wrong and cause even more flaming. Hopefully it won't go that way and will help.

Honestly I don't think anything is wrong with you, you're active, helpful and don't go on flaming rampages. The only thing that I could think of is that some people think that you're a suck up and you got private membership too easily (First time you apply you get it).

What's wrong with me?

#4 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:45 PM

This thread has a huge chance to go horribly wrong and cause even more flaming. Hopefully it won't go that way and will help.

Honestly I don't think anything is wrong with you, you're active, helpful and don't go on flaming rampages. The only thing that I could think of is that some people think that you're a suck up and you got private membership too easily (First time you apply you get it).

What's wrong with me?

Yes, I'm going to be closely watching, with no tolerance.

I was afraid people would think that, which I hope to prove everyone wrong, however, I would like to know what YOU think, not what the general idea is. If you believe that, its okay, I asked for it. ^_^ And if it is you that thinks that, can you explain why? I never did anything to "suck up" but it seems several people share this view. =/

#5 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

My constructive critisism for Toxic Hobo -

I never talk to you on MSN or threw PMs often , and when I do , you are either acting crazy or a total bitching jerk.
You're active on codex , but control your moods.I'm your sister , but still a codexian. You need not say things like 'OMFG WHO ARE YOU!?STALKER!' to me on MSN when I greet you. ^_^
-And you could have the curtacy to send me my own GFX every now and then. :)

Me?

Edited by xBrokenx, 03 March 2006 - 04:51 PM.

#6 Cam

Cam
  • 1690 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

Sakura in your Graphics progress.

Some sigs I just dont like, so I have my say about them.
Thats everyone, I havent got a problem with you though ^_^

Oh meee meee :)

#7 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:48 PM

Sakura in your Graphics progress.

Some sigs I just dont like, so I have my say about them.
Thats everyone, I havent got a problem with you though ^_^

LOL, of course you don't like all of them, you aren't me. :p
And I'm still learning, we all are. :p

#8 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

Would you like your name added Alias?
And yeah, I'm a pretty sarcastic person, just wish there was a way to put mood into text. We need a mod! [ mood ='sarcasm ]

#9 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

You can put sarcastic remarks in Italic or something similar. Maybe change the color of the text.

#10 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

What's wrong with me?

gah.. So just because she got private her first attempt people make a big fuss? They are just jealous that they didn't get it there first try. People apply to get accepted. Sakura from what I've seen my short time here is very active not only here in general chat, but she is very helpful in GFX. I've even asked for her help privately and she has been super nice about it. Instead of people aruging why another person got into private, they need to focus on focusing on improving themselves so they will make it into private.. (and before someone qoutes me to put into another post, no I'm not sucking up to Sakura.)

yeah..kinda went off topic there, but it's really not good when people try to put others down just because they feel bad about themselves... ok.. umm.. kinda scared to say it but... what's wrong with me?

#11 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

I don't think Toxic meant it that way, lets try to stay on topic though.
Codex didn't ask for CC, just the people up there. So lets limit it to that.

#12 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:03 PM

No I didn't mean it that way. I agree with you actually. Sakura meets the requirements, is helpful and generally liked so I have no complaints that she made private on her first try.

#13 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

amyjia -

Umm , the first time I saw you posting was in your introduction and I welcomed you? -Or was it your sig request one? I can't remember. ^_^
I helped you with some basic stuff through a couple PMs and your sig looks amazing now. :)
You're fairly active and a very nice person IMO.
You're a little shy and scared to ask us codexians stuff straight out farward , not a good or bad thing , I just remember in the msg. of your sig requesting thread you wrote something like 'If this is to much , please delete.' , and in the second one , stating that you know you are being annoying about it. ^_^
You shouldn't be shy nor worried to ask us things like that , see , Eli made you a wonderful sig. :)
You're getting very active , too.Keep it up. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

:p -And if you PM me , I could cut out a part of your sig of your choice , and make it into a little avie on the side. :)

Edited by xBrokenx, 03 March 2006 - 05:07 PM.

#14 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

Broken:
You need to work on your spelling a bit and when in the debate topics please make sure that you know what you're talking about as far as words go. ex: confusing the word catholics with christian. Otherwise, you're fine :p

#15 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

Broken:
You need to work on your spelling a bit and when in the debate topics please make sure that you know what you're talking about as far as words go. ex: confusing the word catholics with christian. Otherwise, you're fine :p

QFE. Please google words that you think you may have misspelled and put the proper word and always double check your posts for grammar mistakes or mixed up words. It will make your posts much easier to read and understand.

#16 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

QFE. Please google words that you think you may have misspelled and put the proper word and always double check your posts for grammar mistakes or mixed up words. It will make your posts much easier to read and understand.

Rofl - I indeed need to get into the habbit of double checking my posts. :(
I just don't pay much attention to it and just type quickly. ^_^

#17 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

That would be my trouble with you as well, Broken.
I often have to read your posts twice to be sure I got everything you were trying to say.

#18 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

That would be my trouble with you as well, Broken.
I often have to read your posts twice to be sure I got everything you were trying to say.

Heh. ^_^

Alrighty , I'll keep that in mind.

#19 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:18 PM

Hmmm... Simon...

what can I say... umm... damn it... can't think of anything... umm... don't smoke so much silva?

#20 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:20 PM

Stop calling us Canadians infidels :p

#21 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

Alrighty , I found something I could put into words on Sakura. :p

You're a total bitch. Joking , joking.I need to make one screwed up joke of the day , eh? ^_^

Okay , real opinion -

To be honest , IMO , I don't really know you. ^_^
You're active yes , but I don't know you as a person.
..-And if I remember correctly , we've been in quite a few debating , and one or two disagreements , also. ^_^
I love to debate , I could do it for hours , that's why I choose what I wanted to be so happily. ^_^
But , my only problem is , is that you are a way better arguer and defender then me. :(
It seems silly , but you will allways be better at me then it , and win in most of the threads. :(
Now , for everyone that'll take this the wrong way , I'm not saying Sakura is problemmatic or anything of the sort.And to everyone out there that thinks Iam sucking up , you are either smoking something or crazy. :)

So next time , take it easy on me with the debating , I must be seven (?) years younger then you. :rolleyes:

-And I love your graphics. :p

Edited by xBrokenx, 03 March 2006 - 05:24 PM.

#22 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

Alrighty , I found something I could put into words on Sakura. :p

You're a total bitch. Joking , joking.I need to make one screwed up joke of the day , eh? ^_^

Okay , real opinion -

To be honest , IMO , I don't really know you. ^_^
You're active yes , but I don't know you as a person.
..-And if I remember correctly , we've been in quite a few debating , and one or two disagreements , also. ^_^
I love to debate , I could do it for hours , that's why I choose what I wanted to be so happily. ^_^
But , my only problem is , is that you are a way better arguer and defender then me. :(
It seems silly , but you will allways be better at me then it , and win in most of the threads. :( Now, for everyone that'll take this the wrong way , I'm not saying Sakura is problemmatic or anything of the sort.And to everyone out there that thinks Iam sucking up , you are either smoking something or crazy. :)

So next time , take it easy on me with the debating , I must be seven (?) years younger then you. :rolleyes:

-And I love your graphics. :p

To make my point I will fix this post for you:

Alright, I found something I could mention about Sakura. :p

She's a total bitch. Joking, joking. I need to make one screwed up joke of the day, right? ^_^

Okay, real opinion now:

To be honest, I don't really know you. You're active yes, but I don't know you as a person. If I remember correctly, we've been in quite a few debates, and in one or two disagreements. My only problem is is that you are a way better debater then me. :( It seems silly, but you will always be better then me at it and win in most of the debates. :( Now, for everyone that'll take this the wrong way, I'm not saying Sakura is problemmatic or anything of the sort. To everyone out there that thinks I am sucking up, you're either smoking something or crazy. :) So next time, take it easy on me with the debating. I must be seven or so years younger then you. :rolleyes:

Off Topic: I love your graphics. :p

Took out a part because I had no clue what you were trying to say. Personally, I see a huge difference and the way I posted it no one will have to read it multiple times to get it.

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 03 March 2006 - 05:32 PM.

#23 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:36 PM

To make my point I will fix this post for you:
Alright, I found something I could mention about Sakura. :p

She's a total bitch. Joking, joking. I need to make one screwed up joke of the day, right? ^_^

Okay, real opinion now:

To be honest, I don't really know you. You're active yes, but I don't know you as a person. If I remember correctly, we've been in quite a few debates, and in one or two disagreements. My only problem is is that you are a way better debater then me. :( It seems silly, but you will always be better then me at it and win in most of the debates. :( Now, for everyone that'll take this the wrong way, I'm not saying Sakura is problemmatic or anything of the sort. To everyone out there that thinks I am sucking up, you're either smoking something or crazy. :) So next time, take it easy on me with the debating. I must be seven or so years younger then you. :rolleyes:

Off Topic: I love your graphics. :p

Took out a part because I had no clue what you were trying to say. Personally, I see a huge difference and the way I posted it no one will have to read it multiple times to get it.

Alrighty now , ^_^
'eh' is what most Canadians use as saying 'Ay' , but someone told me you spell it as 'eh'.
Now that that is all cleared up , moving along.
I think the way I wrote it is painfully similar to yours , but you took out a few of my sentences?
I'm not sure how old Sakura is , hence I wasn't sure , thus I added the '(?)' next to my guessed age.
I'm writing constructive critisism , how is saying her graphics are way better then I could ever do and very well made , off topic? :blink:
No , it's not the main thing , but I felt like I should add it in somewhere.
Adam , back off now , please.I'm two years younger then you , I cannot spell as good as you. :) You made your point to your little sister. All is well now , thank you. :)

Edited by xBrokenx, 03 March 2006 - 05:38 PM.

#24 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:43 PM

If anybody actually has a gripe with me then let it out here and now

I want to end any whining that may be occuring on account of anything I might of said if such whining exists

#25 sockopen

sockopen
  • 1481 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:44 PM

How about myself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users