Photo

Neocodex Is Up!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#51 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:35 PM

Perhaps you could take this task? I'd like to see it stick around this time... The last time was less than a success if I remember correctly. Well, technically, the last time it went away was because we upgraded the forum and didn't re-write the mod. I suppose SL decided to write it again?

Speaking of mods that got removed when we upgraded...how about the flag mod/gender mod back?

#52 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:37 PM

Speaking of mods that got removed when we upgraded...how about the flag mod/gender mod back?

Hell yeah. My title makes no sense unless we've got the flag mod. I'm sure most of the newer members have no idea what it means :p

#53 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:42 PM

Perhaps you could take this task? I'd like to see it stick around this time... The last time was less than a success if I remember correctly. Well, technically, the last time it went away was because we upgraded the forum and didn't re-write the mod. I suppose SL decided to write it again?

I'd be honored. I'll start doing it now and then post it so staff and fix it up and make sure it's fair.

#54 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:44 PM

Hell yeah. My title makes no sense unless we've got the flag mod. I'm sure most of the newer members have no idea what it means :p

Completely confuses me O_o Did you have a Wales flag? That has a red lion!

#55 Jenna

Jenna
  • 2129 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

also glad we are back and up strangly I missed checking in as well, I am pleased to see the changes and see us back online

#56 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

Here it is so far. I know it's very crude but I made it in like 5 minutes and I have to go for now. If you think I should add something or change the ammount of rep points added/taken away please tell me. Hopefully a staff member will like this and use it some way.

Format: What you did : Frequency (if applicable) : Severity :+/- Reputaion

Flaming : First time : Not Severe, no swearing : No Change
Flaming: Second Time : Mild to Severe, not much or no very offensive words used : -1 Rep
Flaming: Second Time : Severe, very offensive words used multiple times : -2 Rep
Flaming: Third Time : Mild to Severe : -2 Rep
Flaming: Third Time : Severe : -3 Rep
Flaming: Fourth or more time : Mild to Severe : -2/3

Gravedigging : First Time : 2+ weeks old topic : No change
Gravedigging : Second Time : 2+ weeks old topic : -1 Rep
Gravedigging : Third Time : 2+ weeks old topic : -2 Rep
Gravdigging : Fourth or more time : 2+ week old topic : -2/3 Rep

Awnsering Question : 1-3 rep depending on diffuculty of question and helpfullness

Posting a tutorial: 2-4 rep depending on lenght, helpfullness and quality

Posting a program : 1-3 rep depending on usefullness, originality and quailty

Making a Signature/Avatar: 1-3 rep depending on quality and originality

#57 Punk

Punk
  • 1360 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:11 PM

Its cool, especially the tag, but it makes all the other ones look sorta crappy-ish, i think you guys should work on changing the others to match this ones uber-ness. Also, i think there might be people that start to spam so they can get to Advanced member.

Very cool.

#58 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:14 PM

It makes sense if you were around for the topic/still remember it :p

Completely confuses me O_o Did you have a Wales flag? That has a red lion!

The Federated States of Micronesia flag. He (I did too! :p) declared himself a legal citizen.

#59 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:19 PM

great to see codex back up again almost went nuts without it

yeah me too.. I was on when it went off.. OMG! I don't know why I thought I had done something wrong even though I read that the staff was in discussion .. I really had myself believing that I might have gotten banned for doing something wrong.. :sorry:

I kept coming back checking and I saw the messages changing.. like when it said "offline until further notice". O ---M---G---! I freaked out. But I still kept checking. Then it said "back up on March 5, " evening fo UK.. so then I felt kinda better.. Then it said back up in a few hours.. so I promised myself I wouldn't check bad until two hours passed and now Codex is back up and all is well in the world once more :)

#60 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

Codex is back up :D I blame codex being down for bring back my warcraft addiction back XD and also my computer got everything corrupted 0_o i had to reformat.

#61 Radiuju

Radiuju
  • 452 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:30 PM

If you guys have any issues concerning a problem, I can always suggest ideas. I like helping neocodex be a better place (a lot :D)

#62 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:31 PM

Here it is so far. I know it's very crude but I made it in like 5 minutes and I have to go for now. If you think I should add something or change the ammount of rep points added/taken away please tell me. Hopefully a staff member will like this and use it some way.

Format: What you did : Frequency (if applicable) : Severity :+/- Reputaion

Flaming : First time : Not Severe, no swearing : No Change
Flaming: Second Time : Mild to Severe, not much or no very offensive words used : -1 Rep
Flaming: Second Time : Severe, very offensive words used multiple times : -2 Rep
Flaming: Third Time : Mild to Severe : -2 Rep
Flaming: Third Time : Severe : -3 Rep
Flaming: Fourth or more time : Mild to Severe : -2/3

Gravedigging : First Time : 2+ weeks old topic : No change
Gravedigging : Second Time : 2+ weeks old topic : -1 Rep
Gravedigging : Third Time : 2+ weeks old topic : -2 Rep
Gravdigging : Fourth or more time : 2+ week old topic : -2/3 Rep
Awnsering Question : 1-3 rep depending on diffuculty of question and helpfullness

Posting a tutorial: 2-4 rep depending on lenght, helpfullness and quality

Posting a program : 1-3 rep depending on usefullness, originality and quailty

Making a Signature/Avatar: 1-3 rep depending on quality and originality

hmm....I will tell you what I will post that in staff let them tweak it a bit then make it an official guide ok? :)

also guys come on you are being trusted with the rep mod again don't blow it....

#63 Gargar

Gargar
  • 4901 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

hmm....I will tell you what I will post that in staff let them tweak it a bit then make it an official guide ok? :)

also guys come on you are being trusted with the rep mod again don't blow it....

Now why would we do that. :devil:
The advanced tag dosent match :rolleyes:

#64 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:35 PM

Cool. :).

What happened last time that made you take it off.

#65 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:39 PM

What happened last time that made you take it off.

Last time it was the forum upgrade I think, but most of the time when mods are taken off it's due to abuse. Example:

Guy#1: Here, I'll give you more rep because you're my friend
Guy#2: Thanks! I'll add onto yours too
Guy#1: Great! I'll add even more onto yours
Guy#2: This is a ton of fun! Let's do this until the mod gets removed!

#66 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:59 PM

Why not limit how many points you can give? Like 5 points for members, 7 for advanced members, 10 for private members ect.

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 05 March 2006 - 04:00 PM.

#67 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:03 PM

dude i love the advanced member thing it is sweet i feel so special :)

but what exactly is the tag thing fire? it is sort of odd

Edited by Derf, 05 March 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#68 Cam

Cam
  • 1690 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:04 PM

You can hope, but there is always going to be someone who will abuse it. I am not sure if this is already in the reputation system, but I think that only Advanced Members and above should be able to give reputation.

Well I dont think so but Gfx members count as advanced aswell?

#69 Radiuju

Radiuju
  • 452 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

Well I dont think so but Gfx members count as advanced aswell?

As Long as you have 500+ posts.
When I did the idea I made sure advanced member did not overlap any rank but the normal neocodex member.

#70 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

Got to stop speed reading and skimming over important parts :p

Someone should make a guideline for the repmod. Like gravedigging gets 1 rep point taken away. Spamming gets 1 taken away. Helping with GFX or Programming gets 1 added. Posting a program gets 1-3 added. Making a signature gets 1-3 added ect.

you have to be able to get good rep for just being active too, otherwise you screw over those who can't program or do gfx ^_^

#71 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:50 PM

Yes. Maybe like your post per day count is how many rep points you get a month. If you're averaging 10.2 posts a day you 10 get points. It's rounded off to the nearest digit. This would normally increase spam but since you lose rep for spamming it should act as a deterent.

#72 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

Yes. Maybe like your post per day count is how many rep points you get a month. If you're averaging 10.2 posts a day you 10 get points. It's rounded off to the nearest digit. This would normally increase spam but since you lose rep for spamming it should act as a deterent.

exactly, wrath of the negative rep isn't something you wish to bring about ;)

of course I hope this isn't all left to an automated system, admins should review cases

not all "spam" is intentional i'm sure, some posts can be responded to with a few words,

discretion advised :thumbsup:

#73 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

whee go codex i love yhe changes you admins have made good job :D

#74 Sean

Sean
  • 6188 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

Yess... I got my Codex back :)

I like the adjustments to the board, seems great ^^

#75 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:53 PM

Last time it was the forum upgrade I think, but most of the time when mods are taken off it's due to abuse. Example:

Guy#1: Here, I'll give you more rep because you're my friend
Guy#2: Thanks! I'll add onto yours too
Guy#1: Great! I'll add even more onto yours
Guy#2: This is a ton of fun! Let's do this until the mod gets removed!

I think you forgot "OMFOGMFZOR STAFF!" +lots of rep points. Not that staff doesn't help out, but it was just funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users