iTunes Help

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

I was just cleaning out my computer and silly me deletes all of my audio files that were in another place. Lets call it "Lemon Wire" ;)

When I deleted the "Lemon Wire" Audio files, I figured they were saved in iTunes, but they weren't. They still are on my iPod though.

Is there any way I can restore them, even if its to another computer user's iTunes?

#2 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

Enter the options for iTunes, then click the iPod tab. Enable the iPod for disk use, and it should appear like another drive in My Computer.

You can then copy and paste off the iPod. Good luck finding the files in there, especially if there's a lot of them. They aren't sorted in any obvious order.

#3 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

Thanks :) That should help! One thing, how do I get into options?

Edited by RaNdOmNeSs, 08 March 2006 - 06:55 PM.

#4 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:58 PM

Edit -> Preferences -> iPod tab.

There ya go :)

#5 supatyson

supatyson
  • 1959 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:49 AM

Not all files are stored on your ipod for some reason, when I look I can never find all my songs on my ipod.

#6 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

Supatyson, that is because the music is in a hidden folder.

Go to >> Tools >> Folder Options >> View (Tab) >> (Check) Show hidden files and folders.

You then need to go to Music Control?? and then in another folder is music and your folders may be named something like 'F00' 'F01'..

So yeah all your music is there with random letters as names for example: 'RSQWDL.mp3' <-- ID3 tags may still be there, I dont know.

However, that may not happen, but meh, it did to mine.. But now my iPod is broke, so yeah :(

#7 supatyson

supatyson
  • 1959 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:52 AM

Wow Rambo, never knew that thanks for the added info, now i know for next time. When I transfered all the songs from one computer to another I copied them all and than pasted them on the ipod and then cut them from the ipod onto the new computer. I geuss it would still be quicker because I wouldnt need to rename thema ll.

#8 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:21 AM

Wow Rambo, never knew that thanks for the added info, now i know for next time. When I transfered all the songs from one computer to another I copied them all and than pasted them on the ipod and then cut them from the ipod onto the new computer. I geuss it would still be quicker because I wouldnt need to rename thema ll.

Possibly :)

#9 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:07 PM

The files are not in there sadly :(

#10 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:41 PM

Should be otherwise when plugging your ipod in the itunes updated your ipod, resulting in removing the songs.

#11 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:49 PM

There still there on the iPod.

#12 Slubbz

Slubbz
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:18 PM

-plug the ipod into the usb port or whatever
-go to my computer > removable drive (whatever it is)
-highlight all the songs
-drag them to your desktop or wherever you keep your songs

This works with my mp3 player, not too sure if it would work with an ipod though :/

Edited by Degaware, 09 March 2006 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users