Photo

Another Suggestion For Rep Mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:05 PM

I think we should be able to view everyones rep logs, to see why they got a +rep or a -rep. I also think it should tell us who gave or took a rep point away so we can thank them, because I got a +1 for making someones signature and I'd like to know who did it. :p (I'm thinking Travis but I don't know. :p)

Comments?

#2 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:08 PM

I also think it should tell us who gave or took a rep point away so we can thank them

Unlikely. Some spiteful people will find out who -repped them and -rep them back.

I think there should be a link to the post that got your + or - repped with an anonymous comment from the person who + or - repped you.

#3 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:12 PM

Unlikely. Some spiteful people will find out who -repped them and -rep them back.

I think there should be a link to the post that got your + or - repped with an anonymous comment from the person who + or - repped you.

Well I'd like to know who + or - repped me, but I guess if that'll happen we shouldn't do it. But, I would really like to be able to see other peoples rep logs so if they have -rep and you're going to do a trade or something with them, you could know if they're trustworthy and all that stuff.

Or maybe they could choose to have their name anonymous?

#4 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:14 PM

Since trading is only limited to private member and up you can be pretty sure that the other person is trustworthy. If someone losses alot of rep for example, flaming it doesn't indicate that they aren't trustworthy. Also, the first time you scam you're banned. If someone doesn't have enough evidence there's still a thread with alot of posts in it which can act as a warning.

#5 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:29 PM

Fine, I'll admit it; I just like reading through peoples rep logs. :p

#6 X23X

X23X
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:31 PM

I fully support the admins making a option were the user can check in their control panel to let all or just them view it. And the people who = or - rep you then can have the option to be anon or not that would be cool i know who gave me my = rep

#7 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:36 PM

Yeah, 'Twas me who repped you =D

Whoaly shiyet carolina, you used propper grammar O_o

#8 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:57 PM

Wow, huge improvement Caroline! Glad to see you've taken the initiative to increase the quality of your posts.

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 11 March 2006 - 02:58 PM.

#9 Mason

Mason
  • 950 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:26 AM

I would like to see the names of anybody who gives or takes reputation points away from me. If I'm going to give negative reputation to somebody, I'll at least have the decency to tell them why and also tell them that it was me.

As for others being able to see my reputation posts, I wouldn't mind at all. People should be able to know what others think of me.

#10 X23X

X23X
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:34 PM

Thanks toxic and shorty yes ive increased post quality and grammer and will countine to do so unitl im perfect. In all aspects. Back on topic i think viewing everyones rep logs are good cause it lets us view how a person is and how their viewed here so you know what to watch out for in them and the etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users