Building you own computer?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:20 AM

IMO the ThermalTake BigWater is not worth it. Water is usually worse unless you custom build it with all the best parts etc... Air can be silent if you want it to be, and much cheaper. I would only expect about 3.4 out of the 820, and about 3.8-4.4ghz out of a 920. That isnt the best overclocking motherboard either, something such as an ASUS P5LD2 or P5LD2 Deluxe would be great. The motherboard will limit you from 3.36-3.50... even if the chip could go farther.

Edited by Fatal, 18 May 2006 - 06:22 AM.

#27 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:35 AM

What do you suggest on cooling then? If water cooling isn't the best?

#28 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:31 PM

Well its better then air IF you custom build it with high quality water parts... but I personally think its wasted money... I would recommend an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro... If you want good cooling with easy installation.. or a Thermaltake Typhoon if you want a bit better cooling, and it IS quieter, but harder to install. I would also recommend Arctic Silver 5 for your CPU paste... OR Arctic Cooling's new MX-1 compound, both will be great. Remember, only apply about a rice size or so of it in the CENTER of the processor, and when you put the heatsink on, try to turn it and spread the AS5 (arctic silver 5) out..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users