Quantcast

Photo

Israel/Palestine

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your opinion on the Israel/Palestine issue?

What should happen...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

I make this topic because I'm genuinely curious what people here think about it. It's far too big a conflict to be able to adequately encapsulate it in a single topic post, but feel free to comment however you like. I personally will be withholding my opinion until later :p

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:58 PM

Personally, i dont agree with how Israel came into existence, but i also dont agree with Palestine's methods of getting back their land...so i guess i'm kind of neutral.

#3 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:59 PM

Hmm pretty big issue everyone just know that whatever is said here is just in the debate room and we all love each other :) This mainly goes for me :p As this is a touchy topic for me :p So if i seem like i got pissed at you in this topic it doesn't change how i look at you on the board at all :)

#4 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

It should remain the same. The territory that Isreal has is minscule compared to the teritory the Muslem countries have. Let sleeping dogs lie.

#5 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

And Brkn if you wouldn't mind rephrashing those options I would appreciate it :p It sounds to negative in both directions.

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

It should remain the same. The territory that Isreal has is minscule compared to the teritory the Muslem countries have. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Muslim countries do not equal palestine :)

I have the same views with laser wave. But i side with the palestinians and their plight.

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:01 PM

Hold it hold it. You're options are not even right, very limited. I can't vote because I would say Palestine should exist but the people should be able to co-exist not moved elsewhere...

If you could change your options to cover more I would appreciate it so then I can vote :) Thanks

#8 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:01 PM

I realize that both have an equal claim but where would Isreal move if the land was given to Palestine?

#9 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:02 PM

And Brkn if you wouldn't mind rephrashing those options I would appreciate it :p It sounds to negative in both directions.

Sure... but first I'll have to think of a nice way to say "kill everyone", lol. I just put those options because I know there are people out there that think that way :p even if they may be a very small group of people

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:03 PM

I realize that both have an equal claim but where would Isreal move if the land was given to Palestine?

thats the problem mate :). moving millions of settlers is tough to say the least :p, im talking about how the land of israel came to be. but thats in the past anyway so no use arguing over that. If they are going to be there, they should have peace and both parties should compromise land.

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:05 PM

I highly don't agree with the way Israel is trying to keep the land. Palestine is trying to fight fire with fire. And they are not able to do it. I highly don't agree with the way Israel is trying to keep the land: occupation by force. And force means stuff like demoloshing homes, and refugee camps! Killing families. Palestenian people who have lost EVERYTHING, their homes their families, and got nothign but themselves left go insane, it's basic pscyhology and they go suicide. So in reality Israel is driving them insane and then pointing out the insane ones and making all the people look bad and like Israel is the right one.

When it comes to Paelistine as country, it's Palestine as a country not what the Muslims have in total.

#12 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:07 PM

The Palestinians and the Jews should learn how to coexist. This place does not need any more conflict. Both sides are sinning, but the sinning in the past can be made up by peace. Peace between those two can be achieved I'm sure of it but it requires effort on both sides which I do hope that they will be willing to put up.

#13 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:07 PM

i think what noit was trying to say is that Israeli terrorism causes palestinians to feel they have no choice but to resort to suicide (suicide is prohibited in Islam mind you). Both parties are to blame really...

you might want to clean up what you said noit (make it less confusing :p)

#14 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:10 PM

i think what noit was trying to say is that Israeli terrorism causes palestinians to feel they have no choice but to resort to suicide (suicide is prohibited in Islam mind you). Both parties are to blame really...

you might want to clean up what you said noit (make it less confusing :p)

lol yea man ill try but its hard lol. so paelistine can't fight israels fire with fire all palestine has is rocks. there's a video i got here, a little boy throw a rock at a tank! the israeli soldier got out and shot the child and the father! but look at what israel is doing, their driving the palestenians insane by killing eveyrhting they have, and in their insanity they blow themselves up and they make it look like thats how muslims are, totally wrong! suicide is sooo not allowed in islam, they go striaght to hell, no muslim would do that, but theese guys have been drove insane, and in their insanity they do it.

#15 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

But Palestine should be spending it's remaining resources on damage control, not suicide bombers. If these people have lost everything how can they possibly afford to buy explosives?

I'd also like to state that I mean no offence and if I come off as cold, evil or other nasty things I apologize and I probally can't express myself properly and since text doesn't show the 'tone' it is very limited so I'll try best to express my opinion in a non-offensive manner.

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 29 March 2006 - 04:13 PM.

#16 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

lol yea man ill try but its hard lol. so paelistine can't fight israels fire with fire all palestine has is rocks. there's a video i got here, a little boy throw a rock at a tank! the israeli soldier got out and shot the child and the father! but look at what israel is doing, their driving the palestenians insane by killing eveyrhting they have, and in their insanity they blow themselves up and they make it look like thats how muslims are, totally wrong! suicide is sooo not allowed in islam, they go striaght to hell, no muslim would do that, but theese guys have been drove insane, and in their insanity they do it.

look up a video called meener habdem :p

i have it if you want it but i think its a bit big to post on the board.

#17 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:15 PM

look up a video called meener habdem :p

i have it if you want it but i think its a bit big to post on the board.

yea dude ill hit you up over gmail or somethin.
So with Israels terrorism was born Muslim terrorist and thats why we have videos of them doing such things to those news reporters. BOTH ARE EXTREMELY WRONG. If Israel would just stop it's terrorism! We will see the world in peace.

#18 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

insanity caused by oppression is an excuse to suicide bomb civilians? I don't recall the jews suicide bombing children in ww2... :p That one seems to be unique to the Palestinians alone... As a matter of fact, I can't recall that many times when people being oppressed decided to solve their problems by killing civilians. Why does it seem to be only the palestinians that are prone to this 'insanity'?

#19 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

But Palestine should be spending it's remaining resources on damage control, not suicide bombers. If these people have lost everything how can they possibly afford to buy explosives?

I'd also like to state that I mean no offence and if I come off as cold, evil or other nasty things I apologize and I probally can't express myself properly and since text doesn't show the 'tone' it is very limited so I'll try best to express my opinion in a non-offensive manner.

Well consider the history. America vastly supports Israel in all methods along with many other countries. Tanks, guns and ammunition are all supplied to them. Furthermore, there are two major parties within palestine. Fatah and Hamas. Hamas recently won the elections...why? Because Muslims are bloodthirsty for Jewish blood? No. Because Hamas gets shit done. Fatah is too corrupt within their own networks to have any kind of money actually get to the people who need it. Politicians take it away and keep it for themselves. Enter Hamas. Hamas builds schools, roads, hospitals and more.

Problem: they are militant.

So you have a militant party which gets shit done. And a nonmilitant party which is corrupt.

Pretty shitty situation no? Dont be so quick to judge ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JRDLYHRH

#20 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:21 PM

I think the problem here is culture. And how each side feels is so so so understandable. The Palestinian children when asked where they are from they respond with not where they were born but where their grandparents lived before the Israelites took over. That is not easily understood by an American culture. With us.. if we are out of work we go somewhere else for the job we were doing before. However as I understand... a man or woman of that culture will not move because that place is their home! Why would they move from their beloved homeland? And the Israelites believe that Israel is their homeland as well. It is the Zion. The problem is it is both their homes, neither can just pick up and move. And this is why it is so important that they stop this violence and stop thinking about the differences between them and concentrate on the similarities. Kicking people out of their homes, yes, it was not a good thing to do. Endless retaliation however is also never a good thing. It is an ugly cycle. What the Palestinians are doing is not right as well, I think we can all agree that both sides are at fault, no? So I think it is important to let both sides forgive each other for their sins since they have both trespassed against each other. The land needs to be shared and they need to learn to live in harmony...

#21 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

insanity caused by oppression is an excuse to suicide bomb civilians? I don't recall the jews suicide bombing children in ww2... :p That one seems to be unique to the Palestinians alone... As a matter of fact, I can't recall that many times when people being oppressed decided to solve their problems by killing civilians. Why does it seem to be only the palestinians that are prone to this 'insanity'?

To say its just palestinians who do it is a bit naive...the tamil tigers is just one example ;)

#22 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:23 PM

But Noit is saying insanity causes them to do it while you say the goverment makes them do it. Your statements only makes sense if the goverment supports insane suicide bombers.

Palestine votes in a milltant party, Isreal reacts by starting a new offensive or something similar. Can't blame them. When a country that you're openly at war with votes in a Militant party I'd do the same. What is Isreal supposed to do? Wait and hope no more bombs come there way?

#23 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

They fight with what they have access to. In WWII families were being annihalted here one is being left alive almost as if Israel is instigating this. I don't think the jews were going insane during WWII as they were either escaping togather or stuck togather in encampments, no one left to fight.

Oh something else to bring up, in WWII the jews weren't fighting for their land back. Here Israel is unfairly taking their land and the oppressing.

The jews were offered sanction in Palestine during WWII and now look some of those jews became zionists and now they oppress the palestenians

#24 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

So Isreal is purposely leaving 1 family per village alive just to cause them to bomb there citizens? That makes sense. Oh wait, it doesn't

#25 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:30 PM

Both sides are using methods i hihgly dislike

So Isreal is purposely leaving 1 family per village alive just to cause them to bomb there citizens? That makes sense. Oh wait, it doesn't

Key words: almost as if

This is another thing. Just what Toxic did here. The media takes PARTS of quotes from the Quran (Koran for y'all) and is totally out of context making it look bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users