Quantcast

Photo

Israel/Palestine

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your opinion on the Israel/Palestine issue?

What should happen...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

Sorry Noit, you lost me after the second quote :p

I never mentioned I Koran nor have I heard any quotes/verses on the news.

Edited by Toxic Hobo, 29 March 2006 - 04:33 PM.

#27 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:33 PM

So Isreal is purposely leaving 1 family per village alive just to cause them to bomb there citizens? That makes sense. Oh wait, it doesn't

And why do i say almost as if. This is why:
If you look back Toxic the homes of the Palestenians were demolished during work hours. And in most palestinan homes, only the husband works.

#28 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:33 PM

To say its just palestinians who do it is a bit naive...the tamil tigers is just one example ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't ever remember the Tamil Tigers/Black Tigers suicide bombing civilians.

The jews were offered sanction in Palestine during WWII and now look some of those jews became zionists and now they oppress the palestenians

Keep in mind that Britain was in control of it at the time and that most were denied entry.

Edit:
In the case of the kid throwing a rock at a tank and then getting shot...why the CENSORED would you try to attack an enemy tank with a rock and not expect something to happen to you?

Edited by dck, 29 March 2006 - 04:34 PM.

#29 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:35 PM

My option: Other.

They should abolish Israel and create a non-religious state. That isn't named Palestine, either. =P Call it something else, anything, and it would NOT be a religious state in any shape or form, and allow freedom of religion, speech, press, etc. Palestinians can move back into the land, Israelites can stay where they are.

They really ARE the same people, just divided by a couple thousand years, that's all. Children of Abraham should UNITE, damnit.

#30 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

Sorry Noit, you lost me after the second quote :p

I never mentioned I Koran nor have I heard any quotes/verses on the news.

I'm telling you, what you're doing is so similar to what the media does :p Anyways let me point out you're changing my words here:

I said:

They fight with what they have access to. In WWII families were being annihalted here one is being left alive almost as if Israel is instigating this. I don't think the jews were going insane during WWII as they were either escaping togather or stuck togather in encampments, no one left to fight.

Oh something else to bring up, in WWII the jews weren't fighting for their land back. Here Israel is unfairly taking their land and the oppressing.

The jews were offered sanction in Palestine during WWII and now look some of those jews became zionists and now they oppress the palestenians

Then you said:

So Isreal is purposely leaving 1 family per village alive just to cause them to bomb there citizens? That makes sense. Oh wait, it doesn't

Taking out from my quote only half of the line And a reason to why I said almost as if:http://www.neocodex.us/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=46310&view=findpost&p=597678

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't ever remember the Tamil Tigers/Black Tigers suicide bombing civilians.

Keep in mind that Britain was in control of it at the time and that most were denied entry.

Edit:
In the case of the kid throwing a rock at a tank and then getting shot...why the CENSORED would you try to attack an enemy tank with a rock and not expect something to happen to you?

Yea good points but lots did get in. Only denied after the place started getting so ful.

The kid was upset cause his home was run over by a bull dozer when his mom was home killin her. I would be pissed! I would want to express my anger.

you're taking it literally, not how it was meant to be taken

#31 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

My option: Other.

They should abolish Israel and create a non-religious state. That isn't named Palestine, either. =P Call it something else, anything, and it would NOT be a religious state in any shape or form, and allow freedom of religion, speech, press, etc. Palestinians can move back into the land, Israelites can stay where they are.

They really ARE the same people, just divided by a couple thousand years, that's all. Children of Abraham should UNITE, damnit.

A non-religious state won't work because it seems like everyone down there is extremely hard-headed about their religion. While having secular countries/states is the most ideal thing there will always be problems over religious issues. There would be fighting over who would rule the state and I have no doubt that the fighting would never stop.

#32 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

They fight with what they have access to. In WWII families were being annihalted here one is being left alive almost as if Israel is instigating this. I don't think the jews were going insane during WWII as they were either escaping togather or stuck togather in encampments, no one left to fight.

Oh something else to bring up, in WWII the jews weren't fighting for their land back. Here Israel is unfairly taking their land and the oppressing.

Yes, they were offered sanction in Palestine, but Palestine didn't belong to the Palestinians in WW2. It belonged to the British, because Palestine was apart of the Ottoman Empire...who lost in WW1, thus losing control.

Palestine was TAKEN as a result of a war. Taking land seems barbaric these days, but hey, that's how the Jews got Israel in the first place, that's how the Palestinians got it later. <grin>

It's silly how much value is placed on what is in actuality a bad piece of property. It's not like the land is particularly rich or anything. Ah well, culture and tradition will do that for you.

A non-religious state won't work because it seems like everyone down there is extremely hard-headed about their religion. While having secular countries/states is the most ideal thing there will always be problems over religious issues. There would be fighting over who would rule the state and I have no doubt that the fighting would never stop.

Yes, I know, and that's why in my heart of hearts, I think a third party should conquer the land.

But no one has the balls to conquer anyone these days. Oh well.

#33 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:43 PM

Yes, they were offered sanction in Palestine, but Palestine didn't belong to the Palestinians in WW2. It belonged to the British, because Palestine was apart of the Ottoman Empire...who lost in WW1, thus losing control.

Palestine was TAKEN as a result of a war. Taking land seems barbaric these days, but hey, that's how the Jews got Israel in the first place, that's how the Palestinians got it later. <grin>

It's silly how much value is placed on what is in actuality a bad piece of property. It's not like the land is particularly rich or anything. Ah well, culture and tradition will do that for you.

I doubt though that the British were displacing the Palestenians to provide them refuge. So they were peacefully residing there right, Palestenians not giving them any beef? Then why did the zionists start that massacre of the Palestenians?
Yeah but then it was like you said wars. As in armies verse armies. Now it's an army (Israels') versus the Palestenian civilians.

#34 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

The kid was upset cause his home was run over by a bull dozer when his mom was home killin her. I would be pissed! I would want to express my anger.

you're taking it literally, not how it was meant to be taken

Most people would vacate the property, not staying inside a house that is about to be demolished is pretty much common sense. Granted demolishing homes in the first place is not good, but if you know that your house is going to be destroyed then you shouldn't whine about dying inside of it because you refused to leave.

What do you mean? There is no relevant example of suicide bombers attacking civilians.

Edit:
3500th post

Edited by dck, 29 March 2006 - 08:36 PM.

#35 Guest_Casilla_*

Guest_Casilla_*

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:48 PM

Yeah but then it was like you said wars. As in armies verse armies. Now it's an army (Israels') versus the Palestenian civilians.

Yes, but Palestine is the one doing the invasion, and that is why Palestine is protrayed as the bad guy in this scenario.

Palestine was taken as a result of war, owned by the British, who gave it to the UN, who gave it to the Jews. Legally, the land DOES belong to the Jews because they were given it indirectly as a spoil of war. Thus, they have a right to the land that was given to them by those who owned it.

Now obviously, I have nothing against the concept of invasion, but you gotta realise at least WHY Palestine looks like the bad guys. Or rather, the Palestinians who are also extremists. I'm not saying the Israelites are any better - they're not. They're doing terrorism, too. And certainly, they have no right to the outlaying regions that DO belong to Palestine.

But they should have done a non-religious state in the first place. <_<

Basically, I do not feel that Palestine nor Israel has the ability to govern themselves as a country. There needs to be a third party involved, unless the lot of them can grow up and learn that pointless terrorism doesn't solve anything.

#36 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:48 PM

I doubt though that the British were displacing the Palestenians to provide them refuge. So they were peacefully residing there right, Palestenians not giving them any beef? Then why did the zionists start that massacre of the Palestenians?

Civilians do not attack troops, do not receive training on how to attack them, and do not carry weapons with the intent to strike first.

There needs to be a third party involved, unless the lot of them can grow up and learn that pointless terrorism doesn't solve anything.

That would be great.

Edited by dck, 29 March 2006 - 04:50 PM.

#37 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

Most people would vacate the property, not staying inside a house that is about to be demolished is pretty much common sense. Granted demolishing homes in the first place is not good, but if you know that your house is going to be destroyed then you shouldn't whine about dying inside of it because you refused to leave.

What do you mean? There is no relevant example of suicide bombers attacking civilians.

doug, you ignore the question why were the homes demolished? Absolutely no reason at all!! Israel wanted more room for its settlers! So they go demolsih homes of Palestenians...

And yes some did manage to escape, but when the demolishing started there was no warning and all the people couldn't escape. For example the people at the location of where the demolishing started.

The pre-noise they could have mistaken as a tank driving by. Those tanks just drive casually threw areas to get to a destination.

#38 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:01 PM

doug, you ignore the question why were the homes demolished? Absolutely no reason at all!! Israel wanted more room for its settlers! So they go demolsih homes of Palestenians...

And yes some did manage to escape, but when the demolishing started there was no warning and all the people couldn't escape. For example the people at the location of where the demolishing started.

The pre-noise they could have mistaken as a tank driving by. Those tanks just drive casually threw areas to get to a destination.

I'm taking your word for the no notice for that immediate demolition thing because I haven't heard anything on that, but they obviously have some concept of world news and know what land Israel legally (according to the UN) occupies. If someone came and set up a tent on your lawn (well not you as you live in a dorm now, but you know what I mean) you'd have the right to kick them out. I also said that I don't agree with the idea of demolishing the homes in the first place.

#39 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

Bro i would post videos but its to horrific. You also said that it is stupid of the person not to move out of the way of a tank, I watched black hawk down the other day, and the us commander is like don't continue with attack if you are near civilieans. something to that effect, so according to that, military is supposed to care about civilians so the tank should stop.

yea civilians aren't equipped or trained to fight but then why do the israeli tanks keep targeting them? demolishing them on their land and claiming it. looks like an army versus the civilians to me.

Yea I know everyone sorry I just am realllly touchy about this topic because of some incidents involving relatives :( Sorry for comin off to harsh if i am I really love y'all and love you more for discussing this with me My other disclaimer is at the top lol like 2'nd 4th postish lol

#40 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

Bro i would post videos but its to horrific. You also said that it is stupid of the person not to move out of the way of a tank, I watched black hawk down the other day, and the us commander is like don't continue with attack if you are near civilieans. something to that effect, so according to that, military is supposed to care about civilians so the tank should stop.

yea civilians aren't equipped or trained to fight but then why do the israeli tanks keep targeting them? demolishing them on their land and claiming it. looks like an army versus the civilians to me.
Yea I know everyone sorry I just am realllly touchy about this topic because of some incidents involving relatives :( Sorry for comin off to harsh if i am I really love y'all and love you more for discussing this with me My other disclaimer is at the top lol like 2'nd 4th postish lol

Er...are you trying to use a fictional movie as evidence? US Commanders are not the ones fighting over there anyway. Plus, I 100% agree that civilians should not be harmed but earlier it seemed like you thought bombing Israeli civilians was fine.

Oh, and I don't think you're going over the top. This is a debate forum :rolleyes:

#41 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

People need to remember, their religion is special to them, but they need to be reasonable. Both should coexist together, regardless of differences. I do not have faith in either of the religions, but I know both do want peace deep inside. So they should just learn to live with it.

#42 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:43 PM

damn... i thought you meant pakis, and i said destroy them xD

#43 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

damn... i thought you meant pakis, and i said destroy them xD

Why would you want to do that?

#44 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:09 PM

Depends on what you mean by pakis. The racial slur or the people.

#45 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:09 PM

Isreal took Palestines land and claimed it as their own. Screw Iseralie.

#46 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

Isreal took Palestines land and claimed it as their own. Screw Iseralie.

It was the british that did that actually...they gave the land to israel but now that they are there, u cant just tell them to get out. both parties need to work together...for the goal of saving lives in the area.

#47 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

Blame the British.

#48 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:19 PM

Blame the British.

What? It was...

#49 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:21 PM

I know, I posted before I saw your post, I'm acutally agreeing with you lol :p

#50 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:26 PM

i hate war unless its neighbourhood or internet war cause thats fun but civil wars (well its kinda a civil war) is just sick. They should just divide it equally

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users