#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:42 AM

Here are some things that have recently been done on neocodex :p

Voting tournament closed
Due to I'mmaturity on the voting tournament, it has been closed until further notice. while checking out the voting tournament myself I realized how crazy it was in there. The voting tournament caused for losses of reputation to some members just for voting for a person that the decreaser of reputation didnt like. We also saw things like mass rallys to vote for one person which is clearly bad because you sway someones opinion into what you want them to believe. The voting tournament was in itself detramental because it not only paired up two normally equal codex members up against each other to decide who was better but it also forced other users to pick who they liked better, thus breaking freindships somewhat and changing things between members. Even though it was all in fun and games, we couldnt handle this type of fun and created mass competition out of it. The voting tournament did not work on neocodex.

When fear and dash first proposed this idea to us, they asked us to try it out. Well we did, it didnt work out so until further notice the voting tournament has been officially closed.

Neocodex does not plan to re-activate the voting tournament at any ti'me in the future.

Desktop Competition closed
Up to this day, there has only been 1 actual poll on who has the best desktop, after that the staff sort of ignored the forum and it has come to my attention that it is a bit hard to make polls of desktops and see which one is better. They have also told me that it is very ti'me consuming and the results dont equal the ti'me and effort put into it. As you know, there is no prize in winning the desktop competition and as such, there is no point into putting so much effort into something that is so futile.

The desktop competition has been closed for now, but it may return at a later ti'me.

Hall of shame opened
Neocodex has opened a sort of hall of shame in the neocodex lounge that is set to be globally viewed. In this new forum, we will post things that are extremely funny and things that are meant to demean people that have done something wrong against codex (e.g. neo_grl will have her own topic! :) :D ). This forum will also be used to bring truth to some things that other sites will not bring truth to (e.g. neo_grl DoSing codex and digibliss telling its members that:

Our beloved neo_grl has stepped down from being an admin, the reasons are those of conflicts, and the inability to change for the better of the site.

Neocodex hopes that this new forum will go well and if not, we will close it because we only want what is best for the board, not to put the truth out as we see it.

The Arcade is back!
Back by popular demand, the arcade has been reinstalled onto the neocodex forums. I would like to take this ti'me to remind you all of Rule #8:

8. I will not cheat on the games/contests/promotions offered by neocodex or attempt to gain an unfair advantage in anyway over other users
The games, contests and promotions offered by neocodex are offered in order for you to have a better, more fun ti'me here. If we find someone cheating we will treat view it as a scam attempt on the board. Since scamming members is punishable by bannation, this will be too.

We hope you have a wonderful ti'me with this arcade, as we are just about to switch to vbulletin scripts, more games will not be added. We will however get a vbulletin version of the arcade and resume our gaming  on neocodex :D

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:46 AM

hydro its 7-6-04 but ok I agree with most of that stuff

#3 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:48 AM

LOL hall of shame LOL! I'm gonna get a screenshot of me HSing you and put it in the hall of shame :) just playing but I am gonna screenie me HSing you though :p

#4 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:48 AM

hydro its 7-6-04 but ok I agree with most of that stuff

fixed :D , and yeah...I thought it was good info too :) ...ill post more when more s*** arises :p

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:52 AM

I'm gona get u an av hydro :)

#6 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:00 PM

The hall of shame will be good :p   :)

#7 Mason

Mason
  • 950 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:50 PM

I'm sure it will fill up pretty quick, too...

#8 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:06 PM

ooh, no my forums, :)

well lets hope this H.A.S (hall os shame) has :p some good stuff

#9 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:08 PM

Hall of shame... I won't post there much  -_- but good idea

#10 Mason

Mason
  • 950 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:09 PM

That should make for a good lurking forum... :)

#11 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:11 PM

LoL! That ONE poll on the desktop competition was made by me!! lol!

#12 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:13 PM

not sure if this has been said but maybe not a desktop competition but a place to view other peeps desktops ... I really liked looking at what others could do with their desktop.

#13 Mason

Mason
  • 950 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:20 PM

So did I. Just remove the word Competition and we're all set!

#14 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:27 PM

if thats the case then we can do that...I deleted all of the threads though so you will all have to re-upload your pics ;) ...sorry...ill remake the forum when I get home :)

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:46 PM

dont delte T.W.A.T *begs not to delete it*

#16 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:51 PM

twhat wasnt even mentioned in the news update... :blink:

#17 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:56 PM

twhat wasnt even mentioned in the news update... :blink:

HydroGen's right, calm down Vegeto, you gotta take a break from it... Why would Hydro delete it anyway? besides, it's on about every forum on the internet.....

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:35 PM

Just remove the word Competition

I did the break was 9-11 days

#19 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:47 PM

Right now nothings in it (atleast for me)  ;)

#20 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:11 PM

Right now nothings in it (atleast for me)  :)

yeah, ill put some stuff inside a little later tonight...I think I shall start with neo_grl ^_^

#21 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2004 - 02:38 PM

LOL!!! Man she really set herself up bad didn't she? I daresay once everyone would be through reading hat everyone would be laughin at her!
??This sn't old!

Edited by pyke, 08 July 2004 - 03:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users