• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#201 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:30 AM

doesn't British basically = Canada? I mean I know they are separate and all, but since their was so much ties originally isn't their still a lot of the same characteristics?

#202 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:10 AM

doesn't British basically = Canada? I mean I know they are separate and all, but since their was so much ties originally isn't their still a lot of the same characteristics?

Not really. If you compare French Quebecers to Britans there's a HUGE difference :p

#203 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:12 AM

It's not just British, I hear it all the time in the United States too :p

#204 supatyson

supatyson
  • 1959 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

When do we find out the results, this has been open for almost two weeks now.

#205 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:06 PM

It just closed so we probably wont find out until like the end of the week some time.

patients is a virtue though so, looks like they are testing everyones virtue's.

#206 supatyson

supatyson
  • 1959 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:02 PM

Yeah Im happy to wait just wanted to know when its likely to end.

#207 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:04 PM

I figured it will get here when it gets here. The good thing about them takeing for ever is that it will be a short wait untill next application time. I already have a huge application ready for next time just in case I dont get in this time. One of the big things I cant wait to be private for is voteing in other members. That just seems like such a cool thing to do.

#208 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:07 PM

I know I won't make it this time because I sux0rz and so did my application. And Tyson, they probably haven't even ended discussion yet so who knows.

#209 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

They just started discussions this morning/last night so they are probably no where near the end of discussions. Ali/Brad or I guess shadow now is probably trying to get the most amount of private members possible to vote.

I know I won't make it this time because I sux0rz and so did my application. And Tyson, they probably haven't even ended discussion yet so who knows.

Dude you have just as good a chance as any one else does. Maybe you shouldn't talk down about your self and you may end up having a better chance. I don't personally think that sympathy will get you anywhere and I don't think that the private members will think so either.

#210 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:17 PM

Dude you have just as good a chance as any one else does. Maybe you shouldn't talk down about your self and you may end up having a better chance. I don't personally think that sympathy will get you anywhere and I don't think that the private members will think so either.

Sorry if I made it sound that bad, but compared to some others who applied I probably will have a low chance. I won't get my hopes down but seriously, what have I done for Codex? 1300 posts in the database.

#211 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:27 PM

You come don't you? You have the requirements don't you? that's all you need. So their is a chance, but talking down on yourself is probably not the best idea. Since it is a secret vote the chances of getting pity votes are probably very little.

#212 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:30 PM

Tons of people fit the requirements, but you must have much more than that.

#213 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:33 PM

Yes I agree with you, but I am pretty sure that sympathy isn't the way to go. Jump into the forums like you have already and have fun. Do what you normally do and if your good enough then you will get in.

Just look at it this way. If you where already a private member would you vote for people who just post in a few threads but mainly post in the private thread? That's the main reason my first post in this thread wasn't until page 8.

#214 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

Yes I agree with you, but I am pretty sure that sympathy isn't the way to go. Jump into the forums like you have already and have fun. Do what you normally do and if your good enough then you will get in.

Just look at it this way. If you where already a private member would you vote for people who just post in a few threads but mainly post in the private thread? That's the main reason my first post in this thread wasn't until page 8.

Geez! I wasn't being sympathetic, I used the word sux0rz can't be that bad. And was that last part concerned to me? <_< I only get time to post on here mostly on holidays, so I only check on here and because it takes so long to post in General Chat (reading messages) I just check on this thread.

#215 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

Discussion is going to end tomorrow and voting will begin. Sorry for taking so long, we just had a lot of mix-up with the process this month! :(

#216 supatyson

supatyson
  • 1959 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:50 PM

Its cool SL, thought there was a bit of delay, its never usually this long. Cant wait. Good luck once again to everyone.

#217 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:06 AM

I think I have had so many good lucks it will turn into bad luck. And thats ok SL, will the private apps for next months be the same time? :D

#218 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:57 AM

I think I have had so many good lucks it will turn into bad luck. And thats ok SL, will the private apps for next months be the same time? :D

It's once every 2 months.

Anyone remember like 3 or 4 months ago when Private Apps were so late that the next ones were supposed to start in 4 days :p?

#219 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:15 AM

When does the voting start? or has it already?

I have been checking

#220 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:18 AM

*points up* :p

Discussion is going to end tomorrow and voting will begin. Sorry for taking so long, we just had a lot of mix-up with the process this month! :(

#221 Darkness

Darkness
  • 1432 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:32 AM

*points up* :p

"Posted Yesterday" Shouldn't they open today?

#222 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:25 AM

I think it's still 'Today' for him. You're in a different Time Zone.

#223 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:44 AM

Im in the same time zone as Ashaide (GMT), and so no, for her they should be open tommorow not today.

#224 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:46 AM

It's once every 2 months.

Anyone remember like 3 or 4 months ago when Private Apps were so late that the next ones were supposed to start in 4 days :p?

I meant in June, because these are going so late that it is almost in next month.

#225 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:13 PM

This explains so much :o

Everybody throws out the phrase good luck and eventually it turns into a negative :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users