Photo

Homosexual marriages

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#201 TScully89

TScully89
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:01 PM

I'm 100% Pro-Choice. I believe Gay marriage should be legalized, despite homosexual relationships not having the best affect on one's health.

#202 /Max

/Max
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:53 PM

When Stalin took control of Russia (before the Soviet Union) he insisted on a return to 'traditional family values.' Homosexual behavior and abortions were criminalized, and woman's emancipation fell into disrepair. To ensure the masses heeded this new emphasis, it was understood the state had an obligation to scrutinize all members of the Russian society; thousands were found 'wanting' and were punished severely. This does not even speak of the 'pink' stars of Nazi Germany. History repeates itself. Are you the beginning of this new cycle? Which of you proclaim themself the new Hitler, Stalin reincarnated? That, my friends, and this my friends are the things that destroy society. Not homosexuality.

An interesting point I found. I didn't write it, though.

#203 /Max

/Max
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(AliasXNeo @ Aug 13 2006, 08:01 PM) View Post

LOLOCOPTERORZ!

That was a great article wink.gif Really had me goin.

Can you grow up? Please. I'd like your input on the quote, not a five year old's response when he doesn't know what to say.

#204 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:23 PM

My input: So because of Stalin gay marriage should be legal?

I have a good answer for that question!

No.

Omg, we have highways, and the Autobahn was one! BUT IT WAS CREATED BY AN EVIL MAN!!! PMGZZZ HIGHWAYS ARE BAD!1111 HISTOR-E R3PEATS ITSELF.

Sorry, I had to use your same logic sad.gif

#205 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:35 PM

Keep it civil folks.

#206 /Max

/Max
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(pyke @ Aug 13 2006, 09:35 PM) View Post

Keep it civil folks.

Thank you. tongue.gif

The point is, you're basing everything (the bible, etc) off of what Hitler based his events on.

And as for the road analogy, we took the POSITIVE from history and made it something to help us out. The point of the context was it said that YOU are taking the NEGATIVE from history.

Roads, not pink stars, plz.

#207 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(M-Xite @ Aug 14 2006, 01:16 AM) View Post

Thank you. tongue.gif

The point is, you're basing everything (the bible, etc) off of what Hitler based his events on.

And as for the road analogy, we took the POSITIVE from history and made it something to help us out. The point of the context was it said that YOU are taking the NEGATIVE from history.

Roads, not pink stars, plz.

Sorry, you cannot have any double standards. Cause history repeats itself everyone who like roads will become the next Hitler thumbsup.gif

Edited by hawk117, 14 August 2006 - 08:50 AM.

#208 /Max

/Max
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(hawk117 @ Aug 14 2006, 08:48 AM) View Post

Sorry, you cannot have any double standards. Cause history repeats itself everyone who like roads will become the next Hitler thumbsup.gif

The point is, everything we do is something that was inspired from history. Whether the history be 10 minutes ago or 100 years ago, everything is inspired by something previously.

Why do you have to think that we have to do everything from the past? What I'm trying to say (and I have, twice) is that we should take POSITIVE things from history. We shouldn't follow previous dictator's hate policies.

And Alias, do you know what 'faith' means?

From dictionary.com--

Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

You have faith in something, I have faith in something. I have faith that someday, government won't be run by the Pope and everything the bible says. It'll be run on civil liberties that benefit it's people, not some ancient group that wrote the bible thousands of years ago. You have faith that America's lawbook and constitution will be destroyed and will be replaced by the Holy text. Who are you to tell me I have no faith? If I had no faith, WHY would I even be here?

#209 /Max

/Max
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(AliasXNeo @ Aug 14 2006, 11:07 AM) View Post

You completely missed my point, and I'm not going to waste my time explaining it again.

I'm completely lost by what you mean when I am taking the negative out of history. It doesn't even make sense. Care to explain?

Just because YOU don't understand it, it does certainly mean it does make sense.

So I can explain easier, tell me one positive thing you know Hitler did, and tell me one negative thing Hitler did, then I'll explain.

#210 Plew

Plew
  • 1754 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:56 AM

i dont really like to see gay people on the street. they creep me out a little. maybe because it is so abnormal to see.

#211 /Max

/Max
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE(plew157 @ Aug 14 2006, 11:56 AM) View Post

i dont really like to see gay people on the street. they creep me out a little. maybe because it is so abnormal to see.

Are you being serious? There's bisexual/homosexual people all around you. In fact, according to a well known statistic (which is DEFINITLY not correct, but fairly close), says that 1/10 people are homosexual or bisexual.

#212 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(M-Xite @ Aug 14 2006, 01:06 PM) View Post

Why do you have to think that we have to do everything from the past? What I'm trying to say (and I have, twice) is that we should take POSITIVE things from history. We shouldn't follow previous dictator's hate policies.

Some people may see the extermination of the Jews and homosexuals as a good thing blink.gif

M-Xite, so because of Stalins view on homosexuality and Hitler's extermination of homosexuals we have to legalize same sex marriages? I think Russia and Germany in that time period did not allow murder, does that mean I can come over to your house and shoot you?

*cough* No double standards *cough*

Edited by hawk117, 14 August 2006 - 02:20 PM.

#213 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:28 PM

M-Xite, I think you just compared a murderer and dictator who robbed russia of their money to Christians who think that homosexuality is immoral because they want to stay put on their values. I'm not promoting Christianity to America, hell no. I think in America, adults of consent have the right to do as they please, and marry as they please, regardless of what a book that a third of the world follows. Because in America, I'm all for equal opprotunity, and if you're going to outlaw something to keep sacred values of YOUR belief, then you might as well make it a Christian nation. I'm not saying Christian nations or Muslim nations can't follow their holy law mandated from God in their land, but in America, it's a secular nation, without religious political groups. Without religious authority, I believe if it is not hurting other people directly, it isn't a problem. So they should be legal. Many disagree, obviously, but that's what I searched for and that's my answer.

However, at any rate, even though Alias might be pissing you off, M-Xite, try looking at his point of view. He's a devout Christian, a person who thinks he knows the answers, and has a good feeling he's right, not afraid of what will happen. He's willing to go to hell if he's worshipping a false God, but he still has faith that the God he worships is the true God. He believes in moral. He believes you can't just pick and choose points in the bible, and that the bible is the truth. You can't just tell him he's an ignorant bastard; he's from a totally different lifestlye than you. So don't judge it as if he's some ignorant asshole, because he isn't up and arms about you, but instead believes the behavior isn't Gods ideal. And, remember, this has no play in the real word. He can't even technically vote yet.

#214 /Max

/Max
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(hawk117 @ Aug 14 2006, 02:19 PM) View Post

Some people may see the extermination of the Jews and homosexuals as a good thing blink.gif

M-Xite, so because of Stalins view on homosexuality and Hitler's extermination of homosexuals we have to legalize same sex marriages? I think Russia and Germany in that time period did not allow murder, does that mean I can come over to your house and shoot you?

*cough* No double standards *cough*

We took a positive law from history and made it ours. Why's that bad to you?

#215 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(M-Xite @ Aug 15 2006, 12:18 PM) View Post

We took a positive law from history and made it ours. Why's that bad to you?

Then we can take Stalin's positive law of no homosexuality and make it ours.

#216 /Max

/Max
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(hawk117 @ Aug 15 2006, 10:23 AM) View Post

Then we can take Stalin's positive law of no homosexuality and make it ours.

That's about as positive as Hitler's no Jew law.

And seriously, it's barked up to think it's positive to kill innocent people.

#217 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:43 PM

Of course. But they aren't suggesting to kill innocent people. It isn't a 'why me?' deal. Homosexuality is legal in America. Marriage isn't, but anyone who hates that can move to Canada or settle for a Civil Union. It isn't like the United States is even that good of a place.

#218 Craig

Craig
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:44 PM

Gay people should be beaten to death and then burned alive and then kept alive on bread and water for a month. biggrin.gif
But seriously, homosexuallity is just-just WRONG!

#219 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(Craig @ Sep 15 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

Gay people should be beaten to death and then burned alive and then kept alive on bread and water for a month. biggrin.gif

Hmmm... shall we also follow the do onto others rule? Because I'd like that very much happy.gif

#220 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

Ermmm... wtf? Craig, that was the most insane thing I've ever read blink.gif

#221 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

Frankly, I don't mind homosexuals or homosexual marraiges. They're people too(even though some of you may disagree with that dry.gif ). If they want to get get married, then let them get married.

Editted for typo

Edited by Black Flame, 15 September 2006 - 07:28 PM.

#222 Jotun

Jotun
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(Craig @ Sep 15 2006, 06:44 PM) View Post

Don't ever have children.

#223 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(Jotun @ Sep 30 2006, 07:14 PM) View Post

Don't ever have children.

Don't ever have opinions.

#224 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:42 PM

OH MY GOSH!!! THIS TOPIC IS HUUUGE ATHEAN CONGRATS ON LIKE THE SUCCESFULEST TOPIC EVER!!!!!!

My thoughts on homosexuality. One of the high causers of deadly/super annoying diseases that no one wants to put up with. I say disallow it if you want your country free of a lot of stuff.

I would also to stop people from just randomly sleeping around heterosexually as well. So I know how hard it is to stop but it can be done and it IS for the better of the WORLD.

#225 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(Noitidart @ Oct 1 2006, 12:42 AM) View Post

OH MY GOSH!!! THIS TOPIC IS HUUUGE ATHEAN CONGRATS ON LIKE THE SUCCESFULEST TOPIC EVER!!!!!!

My thoughts on homosexuality. One of the high causers of deadly/super annoying diseases that no one wants to put up with. I say disallow it if you want your country free of a lot of stuff.

I would also to stop people from just randomly sleeping around heterosexually as well. So I know how hard it is to stop but it can be done and it IS for the better of the WORLD.

Get some information before you post ignorant crap like that. Homosexuals did NOT cause "deadly/super annoying diseases." It just as easily spreads through drug use and HETEROSEXUAL sexual activity. How could you not realize that? Has it not been pounded into all of our heads from the time we were children?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users