Quantcast

Photo

Homophobia?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Gay

Do you not like gay people?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:39 PM

^ Poll.

I don't like the thoughts of gay people, but lesbianism FTW.

#2 Archon

Archon
  • 2142 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:52 PM

Gay is gay, thats the end of story.

I saw two ugly lesbian chicks making out at my school. That will forever force me to say GTFO to all lesbians.

#3 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

Gay is horrible, but lesbians are awesome. :p

#4 MishL

MishL
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:56 PM

Homosexuality is fine by me. If they love them, then good for them.

But I also would not want to be hit on by a lesbian and I would not want them to make out (or gays) in front of me, or public.

But the same also applies, in my opinion, for straight people, I wouldnt want to see them PDA. So, yeah, they are fine :p

#5 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:58 PM

Don't really care.

#6 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:03 PM

Gay is gay, it's gross. I don't like people who are gay but I wouldn't mind them in the society because thats just the way they orient I can't change that.

#7 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

If more people become gay imagine your kid or a kid who is like 5 years old seeing 2 guys holding hands and kissing each other what kind of perception do you think that kid will have? Seeing that theres nothing wrong with kissing boys and holding hands with them?

#8 MishL

MishL
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

If more people become gay imagine your kid or a kid who is like 5 years old seeing 2 guys holding hands and kissing each other what kind of perception do you think that kid will have? Seeing that theres nothing wrong with kissing boys and holding hands with them?

I would be all right if my child eventually decided to be homosexual. But, the world isnt going to change to be all gay/lesbian. So isnt like the child will grow up and be homosexual. And, there isnt anything with boys kissing, and whatever.

#9 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:13 PM

Orientation isn't a choice. Choosing your lifestyle is. But think of it this way:

If you were gay and lived the straight lifestyle, why the hell would you put a fucking bag over your ladies head and pretend its an asshole while you fantasise about having sex with a guy? Besides, its not like all straight couples are procreating anyways, so whats the real matter with gays?

Your kid isn't going to turn gay because he saw two guys kissing. And even if he did realize he was gay in teenhood, would it really matter so much to you? I doubt it. You probably dont want to bang your dog. But would you think your kid would think hed enjoy having sex with a dog just because he saw the dog and the lady dog fucking? So in other words, how irrational does your thinking get? Would you beat the damn dog?

You dont have to enjoy it, but you can let others do so.

Edited by Bruce Rastivakian, 02 June 2006 - 02:14 PM.

#10 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:28 PM

I'm fine with anything as long as it doesn't consern me or if it damages someone else.
And I know it's the most horrible disgusting sin ever, but what right does one have to judge anyone?

#11 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:35 PM

There's a big difference between Homophobia and a thought on if gay is correct or not.

America is terrible in this way, obcession of the "god spoken natural way". Why does the word "love" have to be expressed with a vagina and a penis? I don't get it.

I'm not gay, believe me. But as long as they aren't on top of me, harassing me sexually, i'm fine with them. I do give them respect on the other hand, there is a whole lot of gay bashing in this world.

Regarding children, I wouldn't want my kid to be gay. I wouldn't want him have to suffer the hardships. And, it would be kind of awkward and weird to me. Well, it's my opinion. Food for thought.

Edited by speaker, 02 June 2006 - 03:37 PM.

#12 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:49 PM

Just like kids who grow up and usually drink because their parents drink, or smoke because there parents smoked, so will a kid accept the idea of homosexuality because their parents do. A kid should not be put into that kind of position.

But they should be put into the position of not-accepting homosexuality, however, accepting being straight, because the majority of the sad people on this over sized rock are straight? o.o

Anywho ..
I think it's fine. I see no problem, mainly because it's not their fault they're gay. It's their DNA (Im pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong o-0) and why should they not be aloud to love whoever they choose? We all have to get along with eachother here, or at least before we all kill eachother and this rock along with it, so I really do think it's alright.
I also think these topics are extremly inappropriately worded. Obviously, you dont know how it feels to stumble into a topic and read about people saying how 'disgusting' homosexuality is, when they are a homosexual. it's not a pleasent feeling, nor very nice. So I really think you should all take a small second to re-word your sentences. This is supposed to be a nice forum, and 'discusting' isn't a very nice word to discribe others as.
-cough- anyways :p
It's also very hard to live as a homosexual or lesbian or gay, or what not, because all the stuck up straights are saying such things about them and or to them about their sexuality. They have tons of people saying how horrid it is, whilst also making fun of them in the real life, which just proves how nice and lovely people can truly be.
-And I may say, I wont even vote, because I dont find the wording is very nice for either sides. I understand this is a debate, but, if you can debate nicely, and use nicer terms. ;)

-Cara -x-

Edited by Cara, 02 June 2006 - 03:52 PM.

#13 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:55 PM

Just like kids who grow up and usually drink because their parents drink, or smoke because there parents smoked, so will a kid accept the idea of homosexuality because their parents do. A kid should not be put into that kind of position.

K.. Unlike drinking and smoking, Homosexuality isn't a habit you can pick up like that. Homosexuality is based on physical attraction. If what you said was the case, there would be no gay kids who had straight parents(which is not true.). If anything, a child having gay parents would make them more aware of gay issues and make them less likely to be homophobic. Intolerance comes from people fearing and not understanding something different from what they know. With understanding, people can learn to accept others for their differences instead of condemning people for their differences.

Being around gay people doesn't make you gay :unsure:

#14 emme80

emme80
  • 700 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:26 PM

GO them!!! i could care less, but i do have a problem with them getting "married" under the eyes of god, and adopting children to young to understand what situation there are getting in...

#15 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

As long as they don't marry I'm fine with it. Marrige is supposed to be between a man and a women and it is clearly stated. If gays/lesbians want to make an equivilant to marrige then let them.

#16 emme80

emme80
  • 700 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:35 PM

As long as they don't marry I'm fine with it. Marrige is supposed to be between a man and a women and it is clearly stated. If gays/lesbians want to make an equivilant to marrige then let them.

:idea: exactly... they do have something like that, but
homosexuals want to actually be able to legaly get married. it's almost like they don't want it to just be married, they just want to so they can...

Edited by emme80, 02 June 2006 - 04:35 PM.

#17 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:36 PM

And why are ALL these people saying such mean things? Are they all stupid and ignorant, and don't know what they are talking about? Are they all on crack? Look at it that way.

By the way. People thing homosexuality is disgusting. You think it's okay. Why can't we say it's disgusting and yet you can say it's okay?

..Because saying someone's sexuality is okay isn't offending, saying it is, well, is.
You're missing my point in all that, Alias. Hypothetically speaking, if I see a picture of someone and I think they are ugly, I won't say it. Why? Because it is mean. I'm not saying not to express your opinions and thoughts, because that would conflict the point of the debate forum, and I wouldn't have posted to begin with, but to say it in nicer terms. Terms like 'wrong'.
You don't understand what it's like for someone to say you're disgusting, even if it's not directed at you, it's still damn offending.

Plus, I really don't give a hoot if this whole forum were to say mean things, it still doesnt make it right. I'm also not saying that you/anyone is stupid, ignorant and dont know what you/they are talking about. Please, GREATLY excuse me if I implied it, and I hope you can forgive me for that, because I really didn't mean anything like it.
I think you should be a little nicer in discribing your thoughts, and using different terms, because the ones you are using now, are offending someone who is too shy to post, but it doesnt mean they didn't read this topic. It is not me, but they are offended, and Iam offended for them.

Anyways, sorry for the spaming, let's all stay on topic, shall we ..

#18 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

I didn't say that. I said that they would more likely be comfortable with gays being around because their parents were gays. Like if you grew up in a christian house and became christian like your family, you are normally going to be defensive when someone is negative about your beliefs because it's something you have been around all your life. What if homosexuality was really wrong? Same thing would happen like the christian kids, they would get defensive.

I can't explain it I guess. Don't bother replying if you don't understand what I mean, because you missed my point last time too :p
And why are ALL these people saying such mean things? Are they all stupid and ignorant, and don't know what they are talking about? Are they all on crack? Look at it that way.

By the way. People thing homosexuality is disgusting. You think it's okay. Why can't we say it's disgusting and yet you can say it's okay?

You trying to say that allowing homosexual couples raising children is bad because it condones homosexuality? :p

I don't have any personal issues with it. Not my cup of tea, but I won't try and decide what is right for others.

#19 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:43 PM

I couldn't really care less -- doesn't really affect me at all. O_o

#20 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:53 PM

I didn't say that. I said that they would more likely be comfortable with gays being around because their parents were gays. Like if you grew up in a christian house and became christian like your family, you are normally going to be defensive when someone is negative about your beliefs because it's something you have been around all your life. What if homosexuality was really wrong? Same thing would happen like the christian kids, they would get defensive.

I know what you said. You made the example of people having parents who smoke and drink so the kids smoke and drink. I responded by saying smoking and drinking are different from homosexuality because smoking and drinking are just habits you pick up while homosexuality is based upon physical attraction. I also added that from the example you gave (kids with drinking parents becoming drinkers and kids with smoking parents becoming smokers), you would also be able to say that kids with straight parents turn out straight or even that kids with gay parents turn out gay. Both of which are not the case.

Then, I said a child having gay parents would make them more open to gay people(Like you said) and gay issues, but that wouldn't be a bad thing.Having tolerance and understanding of other people isn't a bad thing. Actually it is something that kids should be raised with.

I can't explain it I guess. Don't bother replying if you don't understand what I mean, because you missed my point last time too :p

I did not miss your point, and please stop telling me when, when not, what, or what not to reply to. This is not the first time you have done this. Even if I had "missed your point", it is not your place to tell me how to respond to you as long as I am being respectful. I will ask you once more to show me the same courtesy that I try to show to you.

#21 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

Alias are you worried that every mortal sin will eventually be accepted as morally correct?

#22 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

Homosexuality is just as natural as any other thing on this earth. By the way, to anyone who says "man and woman," check this out:

A marriage is a committed relationship between or among individuals, recognized by civil authority and/or bound by the religious beliefs of the participants. This dual nature, a binding legal contract plus a moral promise, makes marriage difficult to characterize.

In Western societies, marriage has traditionally been understood as a monogamous union between a man (husband) and a woman (wife), while in other parts of the world polygamy has been a common form of marriage. Usually this has taken the form of polygyny (a man having several wives) but a very few societies have permitted polyandry (a woman having several husbands). [1]

TRADITIONALLY does not mean IS. Even if gay marriages were illegal, its not like conservative christians in those countries acknowledge it anyways. So it really wouldn't ruin anything at all.

#23 Daniel ~ Bong

Daniel ~ Bong
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:54 PM

Gay is disgusting but lesbians are awsome :D

#24 amyjia

amyjia
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

It can be good, but not when their tolerating something that is nationally rejected by many people.

And when I said miss my point, I wasn't being disrespectful. I was just having a hard time explaining my case, that you still are missing, and I don't want to debate about something you're not understanding. And talking about respect, here you are accusing me of something that was never ment to be harmful :p

It seems you have missed my point. I don't take offence to you saying I missed your point. I do take offence to you telling me when, when not, what, or what not to respond to. Like I said, I have asked you not to do this before. If you don't want a response to a certain thought or idea of yours, then you shouldn't post it in a open forum. It is odvious that you think homosexuality is wrong. What about "your point" am I missing?

Anyways, screw my statement. I'll find something else to pick on because that's the third time you missed my point. I'm not trying to be rude, but you brought a negative attitude on me when you said that.

I haven't brought a negative attitude on you. If you have a negative attitude it is certainly not my fault.

#25 StefanKai

StefanKai
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

Doesn't really affect me but I did see 2 ugly fat lesbians making out at my school and I was freaked out....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users