Quantcast

Photo

Homophobia?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Gay

Do you not like gay people?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:06 AM

I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of my house.

#27 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:16 AM

I really don't care if people are gay or not because what they do in their life has nothing to do with me.

Also on the point of marriage, marriage is not implicitly linked with god or religion, personally i wouldn't want to get married in a church, neither would i have chosen to have been christened, a marriage is simply a union between 2 people who love eachother and if 2 gay people love eachother then there's no reason why they shouldnt be allowed to get married in my opinion.

#28 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:54 AM

Gay is disgusting but lesbians are awsome :D

^ Poll.

I don't like the thoughts of gay people, but lesbianism FTW.

Gay is horrible, but lesbians are awesome. :p

These are all fine examples of the idioitic, ignorant, male outlook on life. Our youth today is a shame...you have no idea how fumed I am at all of you guys, I would slap all of you in the face if I had the chance. Why do you think female on female, but male on male, is unacceptable? Because you find it "hot" or "sexy" to see two chicks making out, or fucking? Thats the dumbest, most immature thing people can say. Please, get off your computers, go out, and learn a bit about the outside world, come back, and rethink that. I'm sure you won't find it so sexy when you see two bull-dykes fucking on a pool table. I'm dissapointed in you guys.

#29 Apilot

Apilot
  • 982 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:33 PM

sorry but the idea of a man plugging another man is disgusting.

#30 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:11 PM

sorry but the idea of a man plugging another man is disgusting.

Thank you, you have just made the stupidest of the thread. Congratulations, this thread isn't about two men have bum fun, but sexuality.

That's why I respect AliasXneo so much (even if I can't show it properly), he's determined to defend his beliefs and religious outakes on life, even though both are constantly being argued with. He can defend his point within reason, even if he does make it out in him being a bit...too strong on the matter.

Personally, if two men have sex, get married, have babies (adoption duh..) and etc etc, then all for it, same with lesbians. As long as I don't have to watch any of the above, I'm all for it.

#31 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:17 PM

Yes, it's disgusting, but does that mean it is morally wrong if someone enjoys that? Don't really think so, but there are people who claim it to be a choice (untrue IMO, but people can think freely.) that are completely against it, so whats your stance Apilot?

#32 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:03 PM

Personally I don't care what people are sexually. If they are gay, so be it. Not their choice. However... I just would not like to see it, but I suppose it's the same with straight couples as well. I just do not enjoy seeing anyone of any sexuality make out.

#33 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:08 PM

Let's make something clear.

Lesbians aren't always hot and sexy. Maybe it's time to go outside for the first time.

Edited by speaker, 05 June 2006 - 04:08 PM.

#34 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:09 PM

I'm not really sure on this subject -- I am heterosexual, and as far as I am concerned, always will be. However, I do believe that intimate love was/is meant to be shared between a man and a woman, and sexual intercourse is meant to produce babies. However, seeing as though only a man and woman pair can create babies; not man and man or woman and woman, it just wasn't meant to be.

Also, since homosexuality is gradually becoming more and more accepted in the world, more and more homosexuals are showing up. There's two possibilities that sprout from this statistic: our society's growing acceptance of homosexuality is making new homosexuals from the exposure of this, or there as always been this many, they just have been coming out of the closet because it's not as taboo anymore.

-shrugs- Although I am against it, I believe that we don't have any right to decide what people want to do with their own lives; if someone wants to be homosexual, as long as they don't hit on me it's really none of their business.

#35 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

As long as they don't marry I'm fine with it. Marrige is supposed to be between a man and a women and it is clearly stated. If gays/lesbians want to make an equivilant to marrige then let them.

wtf? Clearly stated...in the bible?

Seperation between Church & State, please?

I'm not really sure on this subject -- I am heterosexual, and as far as I am concerned, always will be. However, I do believe that intimate love was/is meant to be shared between a man and a woman, and sexual intercourse is meant to produce babies. However, seeing as though only a man and woman pair can create babies; not man and man or woman and woman, it just wasn't meant to be.

Also, since homosexuality is gradually becoming more and more accepted in the world, more and more homosexuals are showing up. There's two possibilities that sprout from this statistic: our society's growing acceptance of homosexuality is making new homosexuals from the exposure of this, or there as always been this many, they just have been coming out of the closet because it's not as taboo anymore.

-shrugs- Although I am against it, I believe that we don't have any right to decide what people want to do with their own lives; if someone wants to be homosexual, as long as they don't hit on me it's really none of their business.

Love=/=Sex

I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of my house.

Well, you didn't get any laughs from that, and you must feel pretty awkward for posting a joke and getting no responses. Heres your lol.

Edited by speaker, 05 June 2006 - 04:18 PM.

#36 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:19 PM

wtf? Clearly stated...in the bible?
Seperation between Church & State, please?

Constitution, hun. Oh and it doesn't mean that it's meant to be from religion it could have also had to do with population matters. For example gay marriage does not produce children.

#37 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

Yes, the designated relation is between a man and a woman for the sake of procreation, but by logical standards, its not any different then a straight couple who doesn't have a kid. Also, it's not "exposure," but instead the fact that closet homosexuals and others have either realised they are homosexual / bisexual, or they feel that because of the newer laws, they can come out of the closet. Throughout history, there have been many, but in the dark ages and many other times of the world, it wasn't accepted for what the bible said in Leviticus and Romans, which are taken out of context as is (IMO anyways.)

While there isn't any "gene," homosexuality can be influenced by many factors, such as molestation, rape, and emotional contact. During adolescence, one will grow to either have feelings for one gender specifically, or both. It all really depends on where your coming from. Most gays say that from their expirience that they just felt that way at a young age, rather than growing up, hence suicidal problems and whanot, because not many people want to be gay for the sake of challenge. However, certain conservative groups pretty much feel homosexuality to either be a choice or influence that can be reverted through the Ex-Gay movement. Sometimes people will say they were touched by the light, and many others will either commit suicide because they can't change or manage through it and remain in the gay lifestyle. One of my brothers was put in it when he was twelve because my parents thought he was gay for saying many awkward things ("I like boys" for example), and he ended up heterosexual. However, that could be argued that it was mainly because in the program, he was still young and just beginning adolscense.

There are also people who don't nessecarily reflect themselves as homosexual, even if they have had emotional feelings for one. I'm certainly not homosexual, but I did used to think that maybe it would be cool, based on my sexual desire. After attempts, and a long stage of curiousity, I finally secured myself as "heterosexual" because I've pretty much realized that I am 100% sure of my sexuality after expirimentation. Definitely not something I enjoy, but I'm certainly not against others enjoying it. It also helped me understand a little bit on the subject. If you were to ask me my stance in say...the 9th grade, chances are I'd say I'm strongly against it. However, not all facts are discovered on the issue, but there seem to be more arguments FOR it than AGAINST it. It certainly still varies from person to person, and most likely will for another twenty years until a rational explanation is found. There used to be a drug which "helped" it, but it did not work and by the 70's closed down because homsexuality was no longer considered a "disease." However, rather than it being identified as WRONG in the utmost irrationality like slavery, some churches are at least trying to provide a valid point, but they aren't quite doing it on their own will, but instead the God they worship.

http://www.religious...rg/homosexu.htm would be a good explanation on the sides to the issue in a more detailed structure, but that's all. I gotta vamoose from this thread, because thats all I have to say, and I honestly don't care too much anymore about homosexuality. Whatever floats your boat.

#38 Michelle

Michelle
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:09 PM

^ wow

All I have to say is that I'm not against homosexual/bisexual preferences that people have. All the power to them.

What I find is that the people that are usually against homosexuality and bisexuality are usually people that believe in a religon.

To those religious people: If God really wanted humans to not have those sexual preferences, I'm sure He can wipe it off the planet within seconds or less. If God really wanted us humans not to hate and to love everyone as a brother or sister, why hate or dislike people that are homo/bi?!

#39 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:35 PM

These are all fine examples of the idioitic, ignorant, male outlook on life. Our youth today is a shame...you have no idea how fumed I am at all of you guys, I would slap all of you in the face if I had the chance. Why do you think female on female, but male on male, is unacceptable? Because you find it "hot" or "sexy" to see two chicks making out, or fucking? Thats the dumbest, most immature thing people can say. Please, get off your computers, go out, and learn a bit about the outside world, come back, and rethink that. I'm sure you won't find it so sexy when you see two bull-dykes fucking on a pool table. I'm dissapointed in you guys.

Excellent point, Travis. Codex is full of a bunch of chauvinistic, immature little boys.

^ wow

All I have to say is that I'm not against homosexual/bisexual preferences that people have. All the power to them.

What I find is that the people that are usually against homosexuality and bisexuality are usually people that believe in a religon.

To those religious people: If God really wanted humans to not have those sexual preferences, I'm sure He can wipe it off the planet within seconds or less. If God really wanted us humans not to hate and to love everyone as a brother or sister, why hate or dislike people that are homo/bi?!

That goes along with what I am going to say in a minute.

Yes, I believe it is wrong, yes I think marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman, but no I do not dislike homosexuals in any way, shape or form. I believe everyone is entitled to their own free agency to do whatever they want and should not be discriminated against. There is a fine line between thinking it is wrong and thinking they are evil, per se.

I also believe that people choose to be homosexual, but not in the way of just saying "I want to be homosexual". In my past when I was very young there was a person who made my life a living hell, and I cannot like anyone that has the same name, looks or acts like her. I believe that the same concept works in reverse, that they had great affection for someone of the same gender and it subconciously affects their sexual persuasion. I do not believe there is a "Gay gene".

I think it is somewhat disgusting how many Christians are so avidly anti-gay when they worship a man who taught about loving others regardless of if they are different. I have seen various paintings depicting Jesus with a flock of lambs, and he is holding one, one that is different. It is showing that even though they aren't "perfect" or like the others, he still loves them. Shouldn't that be what we should be doing, welcoming our different brothers and sisters with open arms?

I don't know if my religion just emphasizes acceptance, but it seems like it would be a rather important part of Christianity :ninja:

#40 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

If you tell a buddhist that you hate their religion, but you don't hate them, do you think they will take it lightly? What you are saying makes perfect sense, but you are looking at it when it is missing one vital factor. Human emotions. Once our emotions get thrown in the mix, then much of the logic you just stated gets thrown out the window.

If we were all emotionless beings and you said you hated their chosen lifestyle, then they would just not care, but people take their beliefs and lifestyles as part of themselves, so if you say you hate homosexuality, it seems like it would be an insult to themselves.

Edited by Stryyp, 05 June 2006 - 08:05 PM.

#41 Apilot

Apilot
  • 982 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:09 PM

Thank you, you have just made the stupidest of the thread. Congratulations, this thread isn't about two men have bum fun, but sexuality.

That's why I respect AliasXneo so much (even if I can't show it properly), he's determined to defend his beliefs and religious outakes on life, even though both are constantly being argued with. He can defend his point within reason, even if he does make it out in him being a bit...too strong on the matter.

Personally, if two men have sex, get married, have babies (adoption duh..) and etc etc, then all for it, same with lesbians. As long as I don't have to watch any of the above, I'm all for it.

gosh i love your types so amusing. please force your opinions on me, im stubborn too so no use in preaching to me buddy

Edited by Apilot, 05 June 2006 - 08:11 PM.

#42 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:22 PM

in my opinion, gay is ok. i mean i could have gay friends , i just don't want them askin me out and junk. i mean hey i'm flattered if anyone thinks im good lookin, i'm just no into guys like that. not all gays are thinkin about bangin you all the time man fuckin grow up people.

#43 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

It doesn't bother me. As long as they are happy, it's all good.

#44 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

Homophobia? now theres a waste of an emotion, you may as well say you're afraid of "horseless carriages"

I'm not particularly fond of them, but whatever floats their boat <_<

#45 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:53 AM

Either way, in the light all it basically is, is people hating christians because christians dislike homosexuality and the homosexual people took it personally. How retarted is that?

Someone can say the way you live is a filthy sin against God, and people shouldn't take it personally? Oooookay.... Just how offensive does one have to be for someone to be able to take it personally then? Do they have to shoot your dog and burn a cross on your front lawn before people can get upset at them for it?

If you are going to say offensive things to people, others will dislike you for saying it. Makes a good deal of sense, hardly retarded at all...

#46 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:16 AM

Either way, in the light all it basically is, is people hating christians because christians dislike homosexuality and the homosexual people took it personally. How retarted is that?

I don't think people hate christians often, because that is quite extreme. However there are many that don't like christianity. There is a huge lack of faith, and it can be pinpointed to prejudism and hypocricy in the church. You have father bad touch bashing homosexuals and then molesting the altar boys. Did the pope punish these people? Hell no, he sent them away to other towns so they could avoid what they deserve.

Not to mention that there are hard core christians that try to shove their beliefs down your throat. Its as bad as someone coming to your house to try and convert you.

#47 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:24 AM

Constitution, hun. Oh and it doesn't mean that it's meant to be from religion it could have also had to do with population matters. For example gay marriage does not produce children.

Yet again. love=/=sex

#48 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:06 AM

Yet again. love=/=sex

But marriage often results in children and the majority of times the romantic love RESULTS in sex. Not every time but pretty much 99% of times it does if they are married unless other things occur like infertility.

#49 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:31 AM

Yes, I believe it is wrong, yes I think marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman, but no I do not dislike homosexuals in any way, shape or form. I believe everyone is entitled to their own free agency to do whatever they want and should not be discriminated against. There is a fine line between thinking it is wrong and thinking they are evil, per se.

I also believe that people choose to be homosexual, but not in the way of just saying "I want to be homosexual". In my past when I was very young there was a person who made my life a living hell, and I cannot like anyone that has the same name, looks or acts like her. I believe that the same concept works in reverse, that they had great affection for someone of the same gender and it subconciously affects their sexual persuasion. I do not believe there is a "Gay gene".

I think it is somewhat disgusting how many Christians are so avidly anti-gay when they worship a man who taught about loving others regardless of if they are different. I have seen various paintings depicting Jesus with a flock of lambs, and he is holding one, one that is different. It is showing that even though they aren't "perfect" or like the others, he still loves them. Shouldn't that be what we should be doing, welcoming our different brothers and sisters with open arms?

I don't know if my religion just emphasizes acceptance, but it seems like it would be a rather important part of Christianity :ninja:

Very interesting paragraph about it being a choice, and about the difference between "wrong" and "evil."

But marriage often results in children and the majority of times the romantic love RESULTS in sex. Not every time but pretty much 99% of times it does if they are married unless other things occur like infertility.

That is true.

I don't think people hate christians often, because that is quite extreme. However there are many that don't like christianity. There is a huge lack of faith, and it can be pinpointed to prejudism and hypocricy in the church. You have father bad touch bashing homosexuals and then molesting the altar boys. Did the pope punish these people? Hell no, he sent them away to other towns so they could avoid what they deserve.

Not to mention that there are hard core christians that try to shove their beliefs down your throat. Its as bad as someone coming to your house to try and convert you.

People show dislike towards Christianity, yes. Paticularly the overly conservative ones that can say really silly things, despite that they're in a free country. The fact they're in every sect doesn't help the image of Christianity, but for every few bad churches, there are very nice ones that aren't paticularly saying anything overly silly.

Not to mention I believe you are talking about catholics, not christians. People assume way to much by what they see. Instead of sitting down and asking logical questions like "are those people really christian?", they rather just instantly assume that's what christians do. And we're the bad ones, hmph.

There is corrupt in every sect. of Christianity. It all depends on the church, and how that church handles things. Not to mention, there are worldwide differences of sects around the world. For example, a friend of mine from Australia claims the methodists he knows of are the most judgemental people he's met, yet if you were to go to America, you would see most are very open minded and non judgemental about issues. If you were to go to Japan, you would see the few catholic churches there are more about reaching the goal (becoming closer to Jesus) rather than being political with their religious beliefs.

I didn't say they shouldn't. They can if they want, but how in the hell is it our fault? That's what I am saying. People dislike us because we dislike something people are doing. That's exactly what is happening. Isn't that what we were just talking about? We aren't out there complaining about how we are so opressed because people don't like us because we don't agree with homosexuality.

I agree people shouldn't emphasize on everyone if they say homosexuality is wrong. Simply saying what the bible has taught shouldn't get in the way of homosexuality. However, I don't believe most of the Ex-Gay ministries are doing right, as many of them have caused suicide rates and even done extreme things such as electrocuting someones testicles if they are aroused by images of the same sex.

#50 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:16 PM

You completely missed the point. I believe in Jesus. And if we believe in Jesus, we are supposed to pray and read + follow His word (the Bible). Many people like to label this as christianity. Now, do you think the people that are rude, picketing and call gays "fags", and saying stuff like "God hates you", are really christian? If so, please point to me in the Bible where any of this is true. Just because a church has a fault, doesn't mean the people share that same fault. One of the many things I look for in churches is what they do. If what they do is bad, or wrong, then obviously they are probably not a real christian church.

That's my point. When you see "christians" picketing, don't go "wow christians are mean", go "wow those people are mean", or "wow those people sure arn't christian like". Okay?

I didn't even MENTION anything about that argument. My argument was against CHRISTIANITY and the CHURCHES WHICH REPRESENT THEM. If you want to call them "false christians," "satanists", "gods trials," whatever, it doesn't make much difference to me. I still call them Christians as they call themselves. Tomayto, tomahto. But I would agree were I in the church.

Edited by Bruce Rastivakian, 06 June 2006 - 05:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users