• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#51 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:53 AM

Should our money be better spent killing innocent civilians in Iraq?

You say that like we are only over there killing civilians. Are you suggesting we just pick up and leave Iraq? It would be no better off than it was with Saddam, actually, it would be worse. We need to be there now, and we are making progress. So shut the fuck up.

#52 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:45 PM

I believe you are wrong. People saying "I forgive you for killing my daughter, son, father, and so on, so forth, are people attempting to appear strong. They want revenge.
Revenge is reasonable, as long as you are in the right in doing it. Do NOT say you're never right in revenge, PLEASE.

You, sir, are extremely ignorant. Read Simons thread on war facts of US. Bush is doing a HELL of a lot more than you are, and the soldiers in Iraq are doing even more than he is. He's just the guy that gives a few orders. Bush = in the right.

We don't kill THAT many iraqis... and as for who invited Sonic here, it was me. Get over it.

Its pretty sad that you find revenge reasonable. Its a lowly act and only lowly people do it. I possibly dont care too much for revenge because i know some things you dont. But maybe you will know them soon too :).

Also, if you think Bush is doing a good job, you are being very naiive :p. About 68% of americans disagree with you :). And if you dont think we are killing that many Iraqis, trixx, check out this news article from almost a year ago: http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/4692589.stm

The dossier, based on media reports, says US-led forces were responsible for more than a third of the deaths.

Dont be so naiive.

You say that like we are only over there killing civilians. Are you suggesting we just pick up and leave Iraq? It would be no better off than it was with Saddam, actually, it would be worse. We need to be there now, and we are making progress. So shut the fuck up.

Thats what Bush has been saying for the last 3 years :). He even told us the mission was accomplished a while back :). Still not seeing it though :).

Anyway, back on topic :).

#53 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

Well there's not much of a debate in this, it's either yes or no lol.

#54 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:58 PM

Well there's not much of a debate in this, it's either yes or no lol.

:p I think if should be No. So that he can appeal :). Then let everyone get mad because he should have been put to death.

Thats how i feel when death row inmates appeal <_<

#55 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:17 PM

Well you can't say that about all death row inmates, not all of them are guilty or deserve to die, but most you're right.

#56 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:20 PM

Well you can't say that about all death row inmates, not all of them are guilty or deserve to die, but most you're right.

Thats the problem with death row :(, but I am finding that I have very little tolerance towards criminals or just anyone who is unjust <_<.

#57 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

It depends what you mean by criminals, technically someone who kills is a criminal.

But what if he was defending his family from a maniac? Or.

A mother is caught redhanded, helping her child truant school. Should the mother be sent to jail for this is not her first offence.

But look at this way :

The mother has taken her child away from school as she is continuely bullied and is scared for her childs physical and emotional well being.

Conditional discharge?

#58 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:25 PM

yeah it all depends...what i meant by criminal is those who are already in jail because they were convicted under current law :p

#59 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:27 PM

But what if the law is wrong? Look at some dictatorships, thousands of criminals, not one would be a criminal by todays laws.

It's a confusing place this debate section, with tons of grey area. Sorry if I seem trying to get you out or something, I'm just trying to open your mind..

#60 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

Its pretty sad that you find revenge reasonable. Its a lowly act and only lowly people do it. I possibly dont care too much for revenge because i know some things you dont. But maybe you will know them soon too :).

Also, if you think Bush is doing a good job, you are being very naiive :p. About 68% of americans disagree with you :). And if you dont think we are killing that many Iraqis, trixx, check out this news article from almost a year ago: http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/4692589.stm
Dont be so naiive.
Thats what Bush has been saying for the last 3 years :). He even told us the mission was accomplished a while back :). Still not seeing it though :).

Look hydro. You seem like a damn smart guy. But you really need to get off this Ego trip of yours.

Your opinion is not the only one out there.

Oh, and a shitload of people Commit suicide. Should we do that becuase its popular?

#61 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:08 PM

You'll get over it.

And I thought you were finally understanding sarcasm.

#62 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:08 PM

You know ignorance rivals arrogance and somewhere between it we lose all knowledge.

#63 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:13 PM

No hard feelings eh? This is a debate, try and remember that.

Anyways, the point of invading Iraq was WMD; which bush has stated countless times. The reason that WE went after Sadam, is because we thought the "WMD" could be dangerous to our country - so we went in. We are not world-mediators, we are one country. So shut the fuck up.

You know ignorance rivals arrogance and somewhere between it we lose all knowledge.

*doesn't follow*

#64 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:16 PM

And I thought you were finally understanding sarcasm.

For someone who is regularly slow witted and sarcastic, it's surprising you don't know when someone else is sarcastic :p

*doesn't follow*

When someone who is ignorant challenges someone who is arrogant, all knowledge or sense is lost and basically the fight makes no sense.

#65 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:17 PM

For someone who is regularly slow witted and sarcastic, it's surprising you don't know when someone else is sarcastic :p

I was being sarcastic.

(i really was)

Edited by speaker, 22 June 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#66 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:20 PM

So was I.

#67 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:34 PM

But what if the law is wrong? Look at some dictatorships, thousands of criminals, not one would be a criminal by todays laws.

It's a confusing place this debate section, with tons of grey area. Sorry if I seem trying to get you out or something, I'm just trying to open your mind..

Yeah I know :sorry: I just dont like to see injustices happen :(.

Look hydro. You seem like a damn smart guy. But you really need to get off this Ego trip of yours.

Not sure what you are getting at O_o, thanks for the compliment i guess...

#68 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:53 PM

Anyways, the point of invading Iraq was WMD; which bush has stated countless times. The reason that WE went after Sadam, is because we thought the "WMD" could be dangerous to our country - so we went in. We are not world-mediators, we are one country. So shut the fuck up.
*doesn't follow*

Think about it. If saddam was still in power, and he HAD weapons of mass destruction, would you feel safe?

If he did not have them now, do you not think he would get them in the neer future?

He proved he is not scared of using them, as i have shown you from the 7000 some people he killed with chemical weapons.

I for one am happy that son of a B is out of power.
(sorry for my harsh use of letters)

#69 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:07 PM

Think about it. If saddam was still in power, and he HAD weapons of mass destruction, would you feel safe?

If he did not have them now, do you not think he would get them in the neer future?

He proved he is not scared of using them, as i have shown you from the 7000 some people he killed with chemical weapons.

I for one am happy that son of a B is out of power.
(sorry for my harsh use of letters)

Sure, i'll give you invading iraq. But there are no WMDs in Iraq, and that information has been confirmed for quite some time now. I can see Bush's point, take out terrible dictator, foster Iraqi unity, and morph a problematic country into a strategic ally. Unfortunately, this strategy only leads to a much worse state of affairs than previously existed.

Although recent events, such as the death of Abu-Masab -al Zarqawi show improvement, crucial flaws in the stability of Iraq exist which indicate we are in much more than the "long hard slog" of which Donald Rumsfeld predicted a few years back. Without an extreme shift of the U.S policy in Iraq, the situation could easy turn into our generation's Vietnam.

Edited by speaker, 22 June 2006 - 04:08 PM.

#70 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:09 PM

I'm quite likely one of the most right wing people you'll ever meet...but I also think that the death penalty is far more humane than loss of one's freedom. I say keep him alive, if for nothing else but historical sake.

#71 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:20 PM

I say keep him alive, if for nothing else but historical sake.

That's what I was thinking, and for some sort of trophy.

Maybe we can stuff him after he dies.

#72 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

Dont be so naiive.

I guess it depends on how you think. I think people who do stuff deserve to be punished, not put in a cell with TV and 3 meals a day, it isn't punishment... The people that lived under his rule/rape/nonsense I'm sure SOME of them would LOVE to torture him... your god damned smilies make your posts seem so much less insulting.

#73 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:15 PM

I guess it depends on how you think. I think people who do stuff deserve to be punished, not put in a cell with TV and 3 meals a day, it isn't punishment... The people that lived under his rule/rape/nonsense I'm sure SOME of them would LOVE to torture him... your god damned smilies make your posts seem so much less insulting.

Agreed :). If you look, this whole topic, ive been messing around and never really directly said that he should be executed or not :p. I'm just asking you to get your facts straight :p.

#74 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:16 PM

When someone who is ignorant challenges someone who is arrogant, all knowledge or sense is lost and basically the fight makes no sense.

Ha... am I the ignorant or arrogant one? xD I just have a different way of thinking than Hydro... (m)eh... I suppose Hydro is more peaceful... I prefer ruling with an iron fist.

Edited by trixx, 22 June 2006 - 05:17 PM.

#75 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:06 AM

Agreed :). If you look, this whole topic, ive been messing around and never really directly said that he should be executed or not :p. I'm just asking you to get your facts straight :p.

Hydro! you demand so much of us!
lol :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users