Fallen Angel - 52
Devilpuss - 54
Faerie Thief - 55
Faerie Thief - 56
Faerie Thief - 57
Pant Devil - 59
Terask - 60
Terask II - 60

Please keep in mind that these are just my suggested levels for beating the bosses.
Feel free to beat them at a lower or higher level if you'd like.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Early Tip
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't sell your Father's Sword. Believe it or not, it can do a lot of damage against Terask II.

You cannot get the sword back if you sold it; just keep it as you upgrade your weapons.

Preparing for Terask II
Many people have trouble with this fearsome beast, which is why I put the preparation for him first,
as seeing this at the end may be useless if you know what I mean.

In the Haunted Woods by the Brain Tree, Augur Faunt sells many good potions. Buy 20 of his Corrode, Eyrie Flight, and Sloth's Sloth potions. Try not to use them however. Once finished the Haunted Woods, continue on the path in Faerieland until you get to the Northern Watchtower. Go to the 2nd floor and talk to Gustano, the cook. Buy 20 of his Typhoon, Speed of Wind, and Slumber potions. Try not to use any of those potions as well, as they may be needed for Terask II. These potions are almost as good as the next versions further on that you'll get in faerieland, and by not using them, you could basically have 60 good damage, haste, and slow potions ready to use for Terask II. Try to save up previous potions if you can as it's also helpful. These potions will greatly help you once you actually do battle him in the future.

Frequently Asked Questions

Intro
Q - I just started, what is this game?
A - NQ2 is a turn based Role Playing Game (RPG). You fight enemies, gain experience,
gain levels, then fight more enemies. Some people will like it, others won't.

Q – Is it really worth it to play NQ2?
A – If you plan on playing Neopets for a long time, then yes it is worth it.
You can make a lot of money from NQ2 if you're in it for the long run. The gold trophy is cool too.

Q - What can I earn for playing NQ2?
A - For each difficulty you beat, you will earn a trophy, some NP, and a random prize.

The prizes on Normal mode are worth anywhere from 5K - 15K. The ones on Evil mode are
worth anywhere from 35K - 800K. And the ones on InSaNe are worth anywhere from 700K - 3.5 mil.

Q – How much money have you made from playing NQ2?
A – Just from the item prizes, I earned about 5.5 million when I sold them at the time.

Q – How long does it usually take you to complete NQ2?
A – My fastest time was just over 2 days as I was going for the fastest wins trophy.
My longest probably took about 2 months. It really depends if I'm in the mood or not,
and after beating it 6 times, I'm usually not in the mood.

Q – What were the prizes you received for beating NQ2?
A – When I beat NQ2 on the 3 difficulties for the first time, I got:

Q - Some of the areas are like mazes, how do I know where to go?
A - A great map site that helped me in my NQ2 adventures is:
digifort.com/idnq
Enemies and Bosses
Q – I'm having trouble with regular enemies, what should I do?
A – It really depends on how much exp you're earning per enemy. 75 – 100 per enemy is a good amount. Eg/ If you defeat 2 enemies, anywhere from 150 – 200 exp would be a nice amount. If you're earning less than 75 per enemy, you should continue onwards to harder enemies, if you're earning more than 100, then staying back might be wise.

Don't stick to this rule if you don't want to, especially later on in the game when you have Velm's healing powers.
450† exp from 4 enemies can easily be obtained while maintaining your team's health.

Q - I'm still having trouble with bosses, what should I do?
A – Make sure you have a lot of damage potions, haste potions, and slow potions to use on the enemy, especially as you get further down the game. These are a great help and will usually help you win a lot of your battles.

Q - One/Two/Three of my characters have fainted, how can I heal them?
A - Any Inn where you rest at will heal the fainted characters back to full health.
You can also start getting revive potions in Act 3 and on.

Q - I sometimes find weapons after battles, why?
A - In Evil and InSaNe difficulty only, it is possible to find weapons after winning your battle.
Just a little something The Neopets Team added to make your adventure a little easier.
Specifics
Q - I just started, what do I do?
A - Don't go too far away from your starting city, Trestin. Train until level 4 or 5. Talk to your mother if
you need to be healed. Once you're about level 5, you can either go North of Trestin to enter a cave and
fight your first boss to get even stronger, or you could skip that and travel east of the cave to get to White River City. The cave is fairly straight forward, and at the end is the first boss.

Q - Can I get people to join my party and fight with me?
A - Yes, Mipsy is in White River City in Chapter 1, Talinia is in an Inn
in Chapter 2, and Velm is in Wasset Village in Chapter 3.

Q - What if I forgot to pick up one of these characters?
A - You can do two things. If you're still in the chapter where you can get the character, you can go back and pick them up
again. If you are in a different chapter, then you must continue forward to get your next character, as the previous one will be
with them. For instance, if you are in Chapter 2 without Mipsy, then when you get Talinia you will also get Mipsy.

Q - I'm in White River City, what now?
A - You should train and earn gold near the city for buying the damage potions to use on Zombom.
Zombom is who you're going for next. He is in a cave to the north east of White River City.

Q - Zombom's quite difficult, how can I beat him?
A - Zombom is rather one of the harder bosses in the game, so don't worry if you've lost a bit. Make sure you're at least my suggested level depending on your difficulty. Buy about 10 damage potions from White River City. These should take him out, or at least damage him enough for you to take him out.

Q - Where do I go after beating Zombom?
A - Travel back to White River City. The bridge in the centre will be crossable, go to the southern part of the city to talk to Mipsy who will join your party. Leave the south part of the city and travel east until you get around the mountains. Then continue south west to the city of Lakeside.

Q - Where is this hermit (Meridell - Act 1)?
A - He is in the top left hand corner of the city Lakeside. He's behind a bunch of trees.
You need to go to the very top middle to find an entrance in this forest like area.

Q - Should I be a rather high level for Ramtor II?
A - Yup, because after you beat Ramtor II, you will go straight to Chapter II. The enemies will get harder of
course and if you can't beat them, you may find that you'll be in trouble at the beginning of this act.

Q - Why can't I understand what the Chias are saying in Chia Oscuro?
A - You need to get the word stone to understand them. This is obtainable by beating Leximp in the cave to the East of the city.
Beating him is not necessary, nor is talking to any of the Chias.

Q - Where is Talinia?
A - Once you are out of the Caves of Terror, you will be in the Eastern Pass. Talinia is waiting for you in the
Mountainside Inn, which is located north east of the exit of the Caves of Terror.

Q - What do I do first in the Lost Desert?
A - Leave the main city and head North East. You'll come to a pyramid, Silicast is at the end.
Once he is defeated, head North West of that pyramid and you'll come to the Ruined Temple.

Q - Where do I go after defeating Gebarn II in the Ruined Temple?
A - The mountains to the left and right of the temple will now be gone. It's a simple matter of going back to and past the temple. You'll then be in Wasset village where Velm is obtainable.

Q - Where is the hermit (Lost Desert - Act 3)?
A - Make sure after saving Lifira, you talk to her in Wasset village. Lifira tells you to find this hermit. From Waset village, go North West until you get to some rocks. Follow the rocks and you will eventually get to the top. Keep going up until you can't see the rocks at the bottom, and then continue West and you will eventually get to him.

Q - I can't find the gem the hermit tells me to get, where is it?
A - Go straight up from the hermit until you hit mountains. Continue East following these rocks, always stick to them though.
You'll eventually be able to dig in the sand.

Q - And after getting the gem in the sand?
A - After that you're heading South East to fight Coltzan's Ghost, where you'll receive another gem leading to the rocks in
the shape of a face. 3 spaces left of the rock nose is the final gem leading to a pyramid South West of Wasset Village.
Fight and beat Anubits there, and you're done Act 3.

Q - Where do I go in the Haunted Woods?
A - The Haunted Woods is a fairly straight forward level, you'll only need maps in a few certain areas.
First though, follow the path to a castle and beat Count Von Roo.

Q – I'm having trouble with the Four Faeries, advice?
A – Make sure you're at least my recommended level near the top of this FAQ. I suggest the order of Fire, Dark, Water, and then Earth. Fire deals a lot of damage and it's good to get her out of the way first, dark powers her team mates up so it's good to get her next, water heals and earth is just HP mostly. Make sure you also use damage, haste, and slow potions.

Q – Should I fight Hubrid Nox?
A – I suggest you do, even on InSaNe mode. Hubrid may be hard yes, but his tower is filled with enemies and you can gain a good 1 – 5 levels, roughly, depending if u hunt or not. You can also get some good weapons after beating him. Plus, the
Esophagor will be a breeze if you beat Hubrid.

Q – So I should REALLY risk fighting Hubrid even on InSaNe mode?
A – I say yes unless you're really worried. I did, although it was the closest I came to losing...

If you do manage to beat Hubrid though, you should have no trouble for the next bit of the game.
The Esophagor and Fallen Angel will be a piece of cake.

Q - Where do I get the two avatars for NQ2 in Faerieland?
A - One you get for beating the Devilpuss, the boss right after Fallen Angel. The other is beating a Bionic Cybunny, which can be found almost anywhere after the Devilpuss.

Q - The Faerie Thief fled after I beat her, what now?
A - You have to go find her again and beat her twice more before you can get into Faerie Palace. The second time she will be in the building to the left of the one you defeated her in first, and for the third time she will be North in front of the Palace.

Q - What do I do in Faerie Palace?
A - This is a big maze, but keep at it because you're in the home stretch of the game. Get through the first floor using the
maps of digifort.com/idnq. This is a fairly straight forward floor. Once you're on the 2nd floor, you're heading to the east and
west towers to defeat the Pant Devils there. Talk to the faerie at the beginning of the 2nd floor to fuse the key back together.
Head for Terask I, who is south of the Pant Devil in the east tower.

Q - Is there an easy way to beat Terask I without having to save my haste, slow, and damage potions?
A - Yes actually. You should have roughly 20 Coma Potions, 20 Speed of Light Potions, and 20 Hurricane Potions by this point. Feel free to use up all these potions if you'd like, because after beating this fearsome beast, a faerie on the next floor sells all three of these potions.

Skill Points
You can spend your skill points any way you'd like, I spend them in this order:

Rohane - Innate Melee Haste, Critical Attacks, Stunning Strikes, Innate Magic Resistance, and then Damage Increase.
Mipsy* - Group Direct Damage**, Innate Casting Haste, Innate Melee Defense, and then Damage Shields.
Talinia - Increased Bow Damage, Innate Melee Haste, Shockwave, Innate Magic Resistance, and then Slowing Strike.
Velm - Group Healing, Innate Casting Haste, Celestial Hammer, Innate Melee Defense, and then Group Shielding.

*I only listed 4 stats for Mipsy as opposed to 5 like the other characters because,
since you shouldn't get DD, this leaves 2 left: Group Haste, and Slowing.
I find these stats a waste as you get to use better versions of them with the slowing and haste potions you can buy.
If you have a few skills left over though, feel free to spend them on either.

**Many people argue whether Group Direct Damage or just Direct Damage is better, I used to like simple DD, but over time I moved to GDD, and now use GDD. I also suggest you use GDD. I just thought it's better since you do up to 64 damage to 4 people rather than 100 to 1, but it's really up to you. Don't get both however, it's a waste. Just stick with one or the other.

IMPORTANT – Do not spend 15 skill points on ANY stat. Near the end of the game you get weapons that give you bonuses of up to 5. Thus, spending a skill to 15 is most likely going to be a waste of at least 1 skill point.

Example:
radiant holy chain
- Innate Casting Haste: † 3
- Innate Melee Defense: † 2
Holy Chain Armour (def 48)
Training Innate Melee Defence to 15 would be a waste of 2 skill points since no stat can surpass 15.
You don't have to worry about this to much for Normal mode, but I highly suggest not maxing out
your stats for Evil, and especially InSaNe. I usually train one stat to 10 or 11, then move on to the next.

Remember, you may not get a weapon that has good bonuses near the end for a certain character, so it's a good idea to keep about 10 skill points not spent on anything, until you beat Terask I. Terask I gives you the last of the best weapons in the game, so you will know what bonuses you have and what you will need to spend things on. I stop spending skills at level 50.
The Final Boss: King Terask II
So you've faced the big one, King Terask II, but you can't beat him you say?
Well here are a few strategies that should help with the annoying dragon:

1 – Staying ahead of Terask II
First off, make sure that before battling him you have 20 Coma, 20 Speed of Light, and 20 Hurricane Potions at least, and as stated in the earlier part of this FAQ, the previous potions also help. Make sure Terask II is always slowed by the Coma potions, if you run out then go to the Slumber potions if you have any left, then Sloth's Sloth potions, etc. Also make sure all of your characters are hastened with the Speed of Light potions, and again if you run out just keep going down the line to your next best potion.
2 – The evil mesmerization
Mesmerize, (which can be used by Velm, Terask II, or many other enemies and bosses) can do quite a bit of damage in the long run to your party if you're hit by it, it's also a good tactic to use on Terask II. If you get lucky and mesmerize Terask in one of the first few turns, you can slow him, haste your party, put damage shields on, determine Rohane, and put the group protection on without Terask II hitting you once. But what if Terask II mesmerizes one of your party members? Well you might have seen that if one does get mesmerized then attacked again, they will recover, but it's much simpler than that. If you didn't already know, when the party members HP changes, they will be cured of the mesmerization. This is where Velm's Group Heal can come in handy.
3 – Dealing all that damage
5,000 HP, 6,250 HP, or even 7,500 HP can be quite a tower to scale. This is where the damage potions come in handy. The best one says it can do 170 damage, but it can actually do anywhere from 0 to 200† depending on if your lucky or not. As long as Terask II does not have his protection up, I suggest using Rohane and Talinia for hitting Terask II with the damage potions. Use Velm for healing if you need and Mipsy for her good magic attacks. If Terask II does have his protective barrier up however, I would refrain from using the damage potions as the shield tends to block them and you'll be wasting most of them. But that also works the other way around so make sure you have your shields up as well.

I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS GUIDE

Credit goes to SilverCyanide (Off her neopets homepage)

http://petpages.neop...silvercyanide#3

Don't tell her its a hacking forum, she doesn't know that

Edited by Kitsune, 18 July 2008 - 12:37 AM.

#2 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:20 AM

Do you have permission from the owner to post this?

#3 KeepUpTheBeat

KeepUpTheBeat
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:25 AM

She didnt say anything about not posting it anywhere blink.gif

#4 Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Guest_Xth Cannon_*

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:30 AM

* There is to be no form of plagiarizing on Neocodex.
If you submit a program, source code snippet, or tutorial that wasn't made by you, you will acknowledge the author with proper recognition. Do not label others' work as your own. You also must have the authors' permission to post the item on our board.

The last part of the rule says you need permission sad.gif

#5 KeepUpTheBeat

KeepUpTheBeat
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:26 AM

=( She didnt say anything about asking though =( Oh well, i'll ask.

wtfx she's semi-quit neopets since she's in college now. Does that gimme permission or do i have to wait still? =(

I got permission

Edited by Keep Up The Beat, 08 October 2006 - 07:00 AM.

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:32 AM

Edit: Never mind.
Sorry tongue.gif

#7 KeepUpTheBeat

KeepUpTheBeat
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:33 AM

blink.gif

*wonders what joes post was before*

#8 jakedasnak12

jakedasnak12
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

Thx for this guide, it helped me alot, only got about 47k off the game after 3 weeks though -/-
owell, Ty

#9 Plew

Plew
  • 1754 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(jakedasnak12 @ Oct 16 2006, 04:40 PM) View Post

Thx for this guide, it helped me alot, only got about 47k off the game after 3 weeks though -/-
owell, Ty

seems like a decent guide. i cant wait until i can try it out on neopets

#10 mAcKoZ

mAcKoZ
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:47 PM

looks like a great one
yay i get to use a guide on the first time i play neoquest2=]

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:37 AM

Way cool thanks for the guide man!

#12 sassylissa

sassylissa
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

Thanks for the guide!

#13 paranoid500

paranoid500
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:44 PM

good guide :3 (and hi im new at here)

#14 thebrooder

thebrooder
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:39 AM

thanks!

#15 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

If the guide is still current then the thanks is ok.

#16 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:15 AM

Neoquest II unchanged since 2004...or so I think. Seems somewhat accurate still for levels to fight bosses at least.

But still, seems like a spam post.

Edited by Faval, 03 December 2010 - 09:18 AM.

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

but isn't writing just "thanks" spam regardless of whether the guide is current or not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users