North Korea

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#1 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:56 PM

I think North Korea was extreamly stupid and obviously didn't think it though. They now have US, Japan, China and possibly Austrlia possibly after them. It might cause antoher world war. Korea would deffinatly fall.

Not to mention over in the Asian countries they have what they call 'face' if they do something the other countries don't like they lose 'face'. Doing something like what they did might as well blow their 'face' like they blew up the ground.

Extreamly stupid move indeed.

#2 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:00 PM

I think we need to go to north korea, because 1) the people are being alienated, 2) the people follow a stupid cult, and 3) n koreas pissed us off long enough

#3 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(BiotubeX360 @ Oct 9 2006, 09:56 PM) View Post

I think North Korea was extreamly stupid and obviously didn't think it though. They now have US, Japan, China and possibly Austrlia possibly after them. It might cause antoher world war. Korea would deffinatly fall.

Not to mention over in the Asian countries they have what they call 'face' if they do something the other countries don't like they lose 'face'. Doing something like what they did might as well blow their 'face' like they blew up the ground.

Extreamly stupid move indeed.

iran and venezuela would be right behind north korea if anything ever happened.

#4 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

South Korea's definitely going to make a reaction. I bet you 100 bucks Japan wil too, because the new Prime Minister has a very strict policy against North Korea. He's accepted and helped many emigrants from the North side of Korea go to Japan, and at some points he's blocked people from North Korea taking vacation in Japan from going back to North Korea, leaving families behind. I can tell you Kim doesn't like the guy.

#5 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:37 PM

Time to insert a few military snipers. If I remember right, its like the sniper in Saving Private Ryan says, "Get me within a mile of Hitler" 1we8.gif Same idea here. I think we could easily take out their President without them knowing what hit them. 1we8.gif

#6 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

I don't think there is a problem at all with having them. the United States has them, why can't they?

QUOTE(AliasXNeo @ Oct 9 2006, 05:16 PM) View Post

Well, the debates have begun about how to handle this possible new crisis of North Korea becoming nuclear. They have blantly defied all threats against going nuclear, and just recently reported blowing off their first successful nuke in an underground site.

So, what should we do with them? Be realistic please, if you say something stupid get prepared to be flamed and owned.

Personally I think we just need to go do another Iraq movement and overthrow the midget. He's pissed off because of the seat offered to a south korean, and like the spoiled brat he is, fires off a nuke to get the world's attention. Not to mention it would be better for his people, who as you may not know have so far lost an average of three inches in height do to starvation and malnutrition.

You wouldn't make a great president. You acting like a bush right now, it's his way or the high way. Meaning you think war is what solves things...

#7 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(Kamal @ Oct 9 2006, 07:45 PM) View Post

I don't think there is a problem at all with having them. the United States has them, why can't they?

Kim is an insane man. He's worse than bush, who you seem to criticize a bit.

Edited by Athean, 09 October 2006 - 06:50 PM.

#8 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(nox @ Oct 10 2006, 12:12 PM) View Post

iran and venezuela would be right behind north korea if anything ever happened.

Doesn't count for anything. If America wanted to they could blow up the world right now.

#9 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:09 AM

That...was a stupid point.

Seriously, should we get involved? They have nuclear weapons like every other country on earth, Israel, Russia, China, UK, USA and probably France and other third world countries, so does it gives us the right to go in their and boss them around?

Sure, you could say the leaders a tyrant, a dictator, but COULD we sort it out with a forceful way, I mean look at Iraq and Afghaniniland, we've been there for years and nothing has happened yet. Have we got the men and firepower to do it, and is there another solution to it?

#10 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:34 AM

South Korea, Japan, China, and maybe Russia should perform a surgical military option to take out their nuclear facilities. One presents the argument that if "we have them, why shouldn't they?" The problem is that Kim Jiong Il has proven to be irresponsible with his power and the surrounding countries know that and they're shit scared. Right now that North Korea has successfully tested countries in that area are extremely nervous. I posted in the other topic what could happen and there could be another arms race easily and that should be avoided. Why should more countries have nuclear weapons when we should concentrate more on disarming? And YES countries are beginning to cut down on how many they have. Russia and the US have and I hear the UK is considering it.

We don't need more weapons like this in our world since they are the worst we have. They aren't like regular explosives, they cause an extreme amount of victims who have to die horrible deaths and suffer sometimes 5 years or more after the bomb hits. I don't support any more countries getting it at all. There are too many damages that can be caused by these. Call me a hippie but I'd rather have people develop EMP (as brought up to be by Generic Nolander) than nukes. Much better way to destroy a country

#11 Generic Nolander

Generic Nolander
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:54 AM

For anyone who doesnt know what an EMP is, let me clarify - an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) is an effective way of destroying any and every electronical device that isnt heavily shielded without causing any significant physical damage at all. Anything not encased within a faraday's cage would be affected by the pulse and most likely destroyed. Including nuclear bombs. Infact, nuclear weapons generate an EMP pulse of their own, equivilant to at least 3x their inital blast radius. Hence why cars wouldn't work after an nuclear explosion. In an essence, this sort of weaponry is very precise. If the technology is developed further, I have no problem believing that a satellite could silently bombard a facility with electromagnetic pulses from outer space. Note that all nuclear weaponry has electronic components to it, hence why EMP is fantastic in that sense - it completely disarms the bomb without any human personnel being endangered.

I had about an hour long discussion with Tetiel about it last night.

Hawk: The US military could easily assassinate any political leader in the world. Any decently equipped army can. What's stopping them? Both the UN and their own safety. The world vs US? World wins. There's peaceful ways to overthrow leaders. The recent military coup is a great example - it could of gotten violent, but it didnt. It lasted for two days and not a single casualty was taken.

Unfortunately countries are going to disagree with each other and go after their own greed. North Korea is no exception.

#12 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:52 AM

A nuke is still a better weapon to use to oblierate a country.

#13 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(Generic Nolander @ Oct 10 2006, 07:54 AM) View Post

For anyone who doesnt know what an EMP is, let me clarify - an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) is an effective way of destroying any and every electronical device that isnt heavily shielded without causing any significant physical damage at all. Anything not encased within a faraday's cage would be affected by the pulse and most likely destroyed. Including nuclear bombs. Infact, nuclear weapons generate an EMP pulse of their own, equivilant to at least 3x their inital blast radius. Hence why cars wouldn't work after an nuclear explosion. In an essence, this sort of weaponry is very precise. If the technology is developed further, I have no problem believing that a satellite could silently bombard a facility with electromagnetic pulses from outer space. Note that all nuclear weaponry has electronic components to it, hence why EMP is fantastic in that sense - it completely disarms the bomb without any human personnel being endangered.

discovery channelg future weapons ftw

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Oct 10 2006, 03:09 AM) View Post

That...was a stupid point.

Edited by nox, 10 October 2006 - 12:56 PM.

#14 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(AliasXNeo @ Oct 9 2006, 08:07 PM) View Post

lol? Reagen was like that, and he was one of the best leader's I have ever seen. He actually DID what he said he was going to do. You guys insist on pampering him while blantly ignoring the fact that he has defied every request we have asked of him. It has to stop somewhere, what do you want need, half of san francisco in the ocean? =/

And this is alot different from iraq, they are openly admitting they have nukes, and so far there has been no evidence that suggests they make be wrong.

The only reason he would be a good president is because you think he is. (He isn't if he is like Bush). Why should he not deny requests? If he was to request the U.S from having a nuke, would it happen? Ha! I wish I could live to see that day ever happen.

It does not have to stop. As long as someone else as them, he should have every right to have them. Also, half of San Francisco in the ocean? He can say the same thing about his country under the ocean.

#15 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(Kamal @ Oct 10 2006, 04:46 PM) View Post

The only reason he would be a good president is because you think he is. (He isn't if he is like Bush). Why should he not deny requests? If he was to request the U.S from having a nuke, would it happen? Ha! I wish I could live to see that day ever happen.

It does not have to stop. As long as someone else as them, he should have every right to have them. Also, half of San Francisco in the ocean? He can say the same thing about his country under the ocean.

Do you have any idea how insane this guy is? It's like saying a police officer has the right to use a gun, so crazy Bob who just got out of the mental hospital because he wanted to kill people should get to use a gun too. Uhhhmmmm no.

#16 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

I'm not upto date on the whole Korea thing, but was Kim voted in after his father died?

#17 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Oct 10 2006, 08:10 PM) View Post

I'm not upto date on the whole Korea thing, but was Kim voted in after his father died?

as far as i know, he was already incredibly high up before his fathers death - i'm nearly positive he inherited the job. i do know that his father was the last "president" of north korea, and still actually holds that rank even after being deceased for over 14 years. ( i can't remember what kim jong's offical rank is)

Edited by nox, 10 October 2006 - 04:46 PM.

#18 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(AliasXNeo @ Oct 10 2006, 08:07 PM) View Post

The biggest threat is not them attacking us, it's them selling nuclear bombs to people like al qaeda.

i agree, but you do have to see where kim jong is coming from.

the message that we're basically sending is "We can have bombs. You can't. Sorry."

#19 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(AliasXNeo @ Oct 10 2006, 08:39 PM) View Post

And who's fault is that? Certainly not ours, if he didn't have such a bad reputation (His people being 3'' under average height is just the beggining) then we wouldn't have such a problem with it. His contant threats has proven that this man is insane and who the hell knows what he's going to do with a nuclear bomb.

and i completely agree, not to mention he dresses/looks like an absolute retard idiot. the mighty powerful kim jong stands at a mighty 5'2 tongue.gif

although i agree with our standing that they cannot have WMDs...it's quite hypocritical. it really is unfair for him, regardless. everyone wants their country to be powerful, and the US isn't letting that happen. (not without a fight at least tongue.gif)

#20 Generic Nolander

Generic Nolander
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:09 PM

Nobody in this world has a definate right to carry a tool which is specifically designed to annihilate. Nuclear weapons are for the first offensive strike and that alone. That really pisses me off - when a group of humans has the "right" to carry a force which could potentionally annihilate millions upon millions of people in a heartbeat, then make millions more suffer.

I'd feel comfortable if nobody in the world had nuclear weapons, and the technology itself didnt exist.

#21 Generic Nolander

Generic Nolander
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

No offense taken, but if the technology hadn't been developed in the first place, there wouldn't be so much political tension concerning who has nukes and who doesn't.

Once a country has been nuked, it's unlikely they can defend themselves, hence why they're solely a offensive weapon. It's terrible how governments lie and tell the people of the country that they're defensive weapons =/

#22 volycz

volycz
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:24 AM

Seriously where the fark is the evidence that iraq was producing nukes etc? what absolute bs from the Bush government. The Gook had wanted to erradicate Hussein for ages and after 9/11 was his best opportunity. All America wants is more dominance in the middle east because its a corridoor for limitless opportunities. Hence why they have not done anything nearly towards North Korea, cos seriously wtf is the gain of invading NK?! They already have Japan, South Korea and Taiwan as positions of threat in Asia, they would gain shit all from invading North Korea thus why they avoid the shit for as long as they can.
So called peace activists US must think theya re so superior with themselves able to have as many nukes as they want cos they are such a respected nation of righteousnous and theres no way they would invade countries without reason?
Utter bs... they invade anything that would expand their economy, and are steps to global domination and monoplying every slice of shit the world has.

#23 Generic Nolander

Generic Nolander
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE(volycz @ Oct 11 2006, 02:24 AM) View Post

Seriously where the fark is the evidence that iraq was producing nukes etc? what absolute bs from the Bush government. The Gook had wanted to erradicate Hussein for ages and after 9/11 was his best opportunity. All America wants is more dominance in the middle east because its a corridoor for limitless opportunities. Hence why they have not done anything nearly towards North Korea, cos seriously wtf is the gain of invading NK?! They already have Japan, South Korea and Taiwan as positions of threat in Asia, they would gain shit all from invading North Korea thus why they avoid the shit for as long as they can.
So called peace activists US must think theya re so superior with themselves able to have as many nukes as they want cos they are such a respected nation of righteousnous and theres no way they would invade countries without reason?
Utter bs... they invade anything that would expand their economy, and are steps to global domination and monoplying every slice of shit the world has.

Completely right. What can you do about it? Nothing. That has made America what it is, and will continue to throughout time.

#24 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE(volycz @ Oct 11 2006, 05:24 AM) View Post

First off.. you're calling Bush a racist term for Koreans. Minus points on that one. Secondly what the heck does this have to do with the topic? This is about SOLUTIONS to the North Korean nuke issue, not "let's rant on Bush!" American in all probabilty will not invade North Korea becuase frankly.. we're too busy.

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:00 AM

And because it doesn't have the firepower or men to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users