Photo

[Guide] BattleDome Freezing!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Toxix

Toxix
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:37 AM

Alright i wrote this a long time ago maybe a year or so on a different forum...it still seems sorta current though so i hope you like it. If it gets good feedback and stuff ill gladly improve upon it.

Here are some good Freezifiers for the Newbie to Hardcore BDers.

Freezing Potion: Once per battle 100% freeze 2 water icons. A bit better then the h4000 helmet since it does some damage, yet it costs 2 million more. I don’t think 2 water icons makes this weapon better then the h4000 helmet but if you’re a BD Damage fighter then try it.

Sleep Ray: Once per battle 100% freeze 2 dark icons 2 air icons. It is a bit better then freezing potion but h4000 helmet is still the cheapest

H400 Helmet: Once per battle 100% freeze. By far the best, it’s the cheapest 100% freeze, "what do you need 2 - 4 icons for? you buy a freezing weapon for it’s freezing, not for small amount of damage and freezing

Black Frost Cannon: Semi Fragile 3 water icons and possible two physical icons 25% chance to freeze, breaks after freezing. One of the best freezing items that isn’t a 100% freeze. Only 25 percent though

Rainbow Frost Cannon: Semi Fragile 27% to freeze 4 water icons. While it is bit better then the black frost cannon its still close... and it’s cheaper!

Slumberberry Potion: Multiple use 17.4% freeze 10 water icons. It's Freezing chance is fairly low but nonetheless it will be hitting 10 icons...But it likely wont freeze in the time of need. (Thanks Nox for update)

Moehog Skull: Once per battle 100% freeze 10 air icons 5 dark. Defends 1 dark and 1 earth. Can defend up to 4 earth and 4 dark. This is a truly a God weapon. There is only around 3 known to exist though...and im sure that those that own it arn't planning on selling it...

Those are some of the Freezers...only the good ones I mentioned or even slightly good...There is more frost cannons but i havn't heard good things about them.

I reccomend the H4k because for the extra millions for a tiny bit more icons isnt worth it...Isnt there something else you can use for the extra cash your saving?

Freeze Time!

Many people Freeze in the early rounds for a chance to take a direct strike at their HP...Good time to use your Big hitters or Bombs ( Hpot , FruitBomb , Gbomb or others )

Or you can use it as a save...Burrow and Sink out? Healer out? You know your going to die next turn? Use it...then Get a free shot at him hopefully winning you the battle...Of course if you have a feeling hes going to use his Icer then you can use yours too and save yourself...Too many possibilities to tell you here...Use your good judgement and hope for the best...

*UPDATE* Newly added info courtesy of Warlord.

"For poorer battlers who just need that freeze (for a tournament or whatever) then the scroll of freezing clocks in at somewhere under 100k (actual price depends on where the market is). The scroll gives a 100% freeeze once per battle but has a chance to break and vanish forever after each use (could break first use or 30th use or all parts between/beyond, your mileage may vary). It's not feasible for a permanent weapon set or for one player battles (just use a frost cannon and the backspace trick) but if you don't yet have your unbreakable freezer and need freezing for a tournament then get this. Don't go using this willy nilly outside of tournies as the expense adds up."

"If you're über-poor and need freezing for one player battles then get the green frost cannon and use the backspace trick. Enter a battle against the challenger you want and use the cannon, if it doesn't freeze then backspace out of the battle and visit the status page. heal your pet (potions, 1 player "inflatable balthazar" method or healing faerie, pick one) then restart the battle and try again. The backspace trick shouldn't affect your battle rating and the battle will reset as soon as the staus page is visited."

Some other BD tips...

Great trained pet with not so great BD set > No trained pet with great BD set

Well thats about it. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Toxix, 21 October 2006 - 12:13 PM.

#2 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:53 AM

Wow, nice job! thumbsup.gif

You might want to include the weapons that are semi-fragile and such. (Scroll of Freezing, etc.)

#3 Toxix

Toxix
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(shin @ Oct 21 2006, 03:53 PM) View Post

Wow, nice job! thumbsup.gif

You might want to include the weapons that are semi-fragile and such. (Scroll of Freezing, etc.)

Alright i gotta get a little more caught up though because i havnt been playin neopets for a long time and just startin to get back into it. That guide was written when i knew what i was doing tongue.gif

#4 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:02 PM

Nice guide, but you are forgetting the relative new kids on the block. Magical Marbles of Mystery is a hidden tower item for 8 mill that has 100% freeze and does 3 icons of physical. The marbles are only about 1 mill more than the h4k at current prices.

For poorer battlers who just need that freeze (for a tournament or whatever) then the scroll of freezing clocks in at somewhere under 100k (actual price depends on where the market is). The scroll gives a 100% freeeze once per battle but has a chance to break and vanish forever after each use (could break first use or 30th use or all parts between/beyond, your mileage may vary). It's not feasible for a permanent weapon set or for one player battles (just use a frost cannon and the backspace trick) but if you don't yet have your unbreakable freezer and need freezing for a tournament then get this. Don't go using this willy nilly outside of tournies as the expense adds up.

If you're über-poor and need freezing for one player battles then get the green frost cannon and use the backspace trick. Enter a battle against the challenger you want and use the cannon, if it doesn't freeze then backspace out of the battle and visit the status page. heal your pet (potions, 1 player "inflatable balthazar" method or healing faerie, pick one) then restart the battle and try again. The backspace trick shouldn't affect your battle rating and the battle will reset as soon as the staus page is visited.

There, I think that should cover all the bases you forgot.

#5 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:04 PM

maybe you should consider adding prices? i know u havent been on in awhile, but it shouldn't be hard.

btw-

Slumberberry Potion Price : 9M - 11M (SW | TP) Multiple Use

Attack
Freeze May Freeze Opponent.
Special Effects / Misc Info : Limit 1 Limit One Freezing Item.
Note: Approximate chance of freezing is 17.4%.
Actual Icons : 10 icons.
Description : Zzzzzzzzzzzz

17.4% for slum pot tongue.gif

source: idb.finalhit.org

#6 Toxix

Toxix
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:17 PM

Alright Warlord and Nox i updated the guide with thanks to both of you on it.
If i find the time ill revamp this guide with the prices and the lot.
Im just startin to really get back into the game now though lol so all i really know right now is that scarab ring is awesome. And that i used to be smart.

#7 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(nox @ Oct 21 2006, 03:04 PM) View Post

maybe you should consider adding prices? i know u havent been on in awhile, but it shouldn't be hard.

btw-

17.4% for slum pot tongue.gif

source: idb.finalhit.org

Wow, the slumberberry potion sucks as a freezer, avoid, AVOID! tongue.gif

I also forgot, for those obsessive compulsives out there..... The Ice Dice. The dice are the only known multiple freezer in the game (they can freeze, and possibly stick around for more freezes) of course they have a chance of going away (permanently or for the battle, can I get clarification?), but if you are lucky you can pull multiple freezes out of it (20% chance to freeze each time)

Good luck finding the Ice Dice though, they are retired and probably ultra expensive when they surface.

QUOTE(Toxix @ Oct 21 2006, 03:17 PM) View Post

Alright Warlord and Nox i updated the guide with thanks to both of you on it.
If i find the time ill revamp this guide with the prices and the lot.
Im just startin to really get back into the game now though lol so all i really know right now is that scarab ring is awesome. And that i used to be smart.

Cool, but you left out the passages on Ice Dice and Magical Marbles of Mystery

Edited by Warlord, 21 October 2006 - 12:19 PM.

#8 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(Warlord @ Oct 21 2006, 04:22 PM) View Post

Wow, the slumberberry potion sucks as a freezer, avoid, AVOID! tongue.gif

I also forgot, for those obsessive compulsives out there..... The Ice Dice. The dice are the only known multiple freezer in the game (they can freeze, and possibly stick around for more freezes) of course they have a chance of going away (permanently or for the battle, can I get clarification?), but if you are lucky you can pull multiple freezes out of it (20% chance to freeze each time)

Good luck finding the Ice Dice though, they are retired and probably ultra expensive when they surface.
Cool, but you left out the passages on Ice Dice and Magical Marbles of Mystery

Ice Dice do not break for the battle. They are multi-use. smile.gif

I wouldn't say that S-Pot sucks, though. Ice Dice has 20% chance of freezing, and SPot has about 17% chance of freezing. For only 3% loss, you get 10 water icons. If I had to choose between the two, I'd get the Pot.

#9 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(shin @ Oct 21 2006, 03:25 PM) View Post

Ice Dice do not break for the battle. They are multi-use. smile.gif

I wouldn't say that S-Pot sucks, though. Ice Dice has 20% chance of freezing, and SPot has about 17% chance of freezing. For only 3% loss, you get 10 water icons. If I had to choose between the two, I'd get the Pot.

But the ice dice has chances of multiple freezes, the slumber potion is no better than a frost cannon...... without the multi freezing capability of the dice. I don't know, for that price (9.5 mill) you could get get a vanilla weapon (no abilities, just damage) that does a ton more icons and back it with a frost cannon. That's just my opinion, when running an expensive freezer it should be 100%

#10 Toxix

Toxix
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:35 PM

lol ill include those when i update it... anyone else...feel free to post what you think should be in there also not that you needed me to tell you tongue.gif
ill update it sometime this week.

#11 Toxix

Toxix
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:39 PM

sorry guys havnt updated it yet still but im way way way too busy and lazy to do it yet...ill try to do it sometime soon but cant make any promises sorry

#12 Head_Busta

Head_Busta
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:17 AM

lmao u spent a few hours on this didn't u its a nice guide thanks

#13 Fhqwhgads

Fhqwhgads
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

Now I know what freezing weapons to get!

Thanks, this will help!

#14 eddie213

eddie213
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:46 AM

woa this is really helpful it helpd me beat tha ghost lupe lol biggrin.gif

#15 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:26 PM

Yeah its still useful

#16 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

wow, talk about gravedigging.

personally, i'd say if you're gonna bring something like this up, at least try to contribute to the article. i'm not mod, or anything (yet) (or trying to be mean!) but was it really necessary for you to reply saying "hey, this still helps!"? if it helps you, leave it be. bookmark it. or at least ask a question about it. something relevant.

/rant

#17 mim

mim
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:37 AM

The Best freezer to price would be A Species Healer-Icy Chia Goggles.

The best no species healer Freezing Potion,

#18 pass

pass
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:31 PM

nice guide, btw how much is a black frost cannon?

Edited by pass, 03 December 2007 - 02:32 PM.

#19 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(pass @ Dec 3 2007, 10:31 PM) View Post
nice guide, btw how much is a black frost cannon?

Its like 300k now thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users