[Guide]Battledome Generators

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:22 PM

What are generators?
Generators are weapons that can create other weapons. At first, they seem to be a miracle, because you are capable of getting an infinite number of weapons. However, upon further inspection, it turns out that most of the generators available are pretty bad.

Why are generators usually bad?
A generator is only good if the weapons that it produces deal a lot of icons. Nowadays, a good standard for the minimum number of icons a weapon should deal is around 7. This means that, at worst, a generator should average 7 icons per turn. Most generators do not average more than 7 because it takes one turn to use the generator, and another turn to use the weapon that was generated. It takes two turns just to use a weapon that actually deals icons! There are countless awful generators out there, so I will list only the ones worth mentioning and possibly worth buying.

Hubrids Odial Sphere
IPB Image
This item will generate one random Hidden Tower item, but at the cost of half your current hit points every time you use it. Half your hit points? Even if you generated Jhudora The Dark Faerie Doll, it wouldn't be worth it. Stay away from this.

Aisha Myriad
IPB Image
This is just like Hubrids Odial Sphere, except that it does not takes away your hit points, and it is only available once per battle. For its cost, it is very bad, but for the ones who can afford it, it makes for some interesting battles.

Bag of Sand
IPB Image
Mathematically, this weapon is very bad. It either deals 6 icons, deals 7 icons, or generates a Super Sand Grain (11 icons). Since it took two turns to generate the 11-icon weapon, we are actually averaging 5.5 icons per turn. On average, this weapon will deal 6.166 icons per turn. What a horrible weapon for its price! You are much better off buying an Ice Club or Stone Club.

Jar of Spiders
IPB Image
This magical jar generates 1 to 3 Scary Spiders per turn, each of which deals 11 icons. When this weapon was tested, it was found to generate an average of 1.5 Scary Spiders per turn. That means that you would deal 16.5 icons on two turns, or 8.25 icons per turn. Buying a weapon that deals 9 constant icons is cheaper and more reliable.

Hat of the Muffin Man
IPB Image
Do you know the Muffin Man? With his hat, you can generate 1 to 4 Muffins per turn. About half the Muffins that you generate will deal 15 icons each, which is excellent. The average icons dealt if all muffins are used is around 10.8. There are two bad things that can happen, though: 1) Jelly Muffin can attack you instead of your opponent, and 2) Poison Muffin can make your pet sick. However, since these are nearly extinct and any remaining ones will be incredibly expensive, I do not recommend going out of your way to get one of these.

Box of Clockwork Grundos
IPB Image
This is the best generator available, despite its extremely high price. It generates 1 to 4 Clockwork Grundos per turn (excluding Rainbow Clockwork Grundo). Each Clockwork Grundo deals 15 icons. On average, 2.46 Grundos are generated per turn. How many icons this deals on average is hard to calculate because it generates more Grundos than can be selected per turn. If I had to choose a generator to get, I'd get this one, since it's the most powerful, and the icon types of the Grundos are very different and hard to block.

Final Observation
Most of the time, generators are very bad. It's usually better to stick with weapons that deal constant icons, like Stone Club and Ice Club, two excellent weapons for their prices. If you really do want a generator, try to get a Box of Clockwork Grundos, but watch out for its heavy pricetag. tongue.gif

Edited by shin, 28 October 2006 - 07:43 PM.

#2 Plew

Plew
  • 1754 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

There are also the Hat Of The Muffin Man, Battledeck (theres like 3 to 4 different ones), Snowball Machine and Tiki Bomb Bag

Edited by Plew, 28 October 2006 - 07:28 PM.

#3 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:30 PM

Ahhh, the images aren't showing up. sad.gif

QUOTE(Plew @ Oct 28 2006, 11:27 PM) View Post

There are also the Hat Of The Muffin Man, Battledeck (theres like 3 to 4 different ones), Snowball Machine and Tiki Bomb Bag

Yeah, but I decided not to include those because they're all bad. If I include those, I'd have to include weapons like Hawk Wand. tongue.gif

#4 Plew

Plew
  • 1754 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(shin @ Oct 28 2006, 08:30 PM) View Post

Ahhh, the images aren't showing up. sad.gif
Yeah, but I decided not to include those because they're all bad. If I include those, I'd have to include weapons like Hawk Wand. tongue.gif

Hat of the Muffin Man makes muffins.... u cant beat that blink.gif

#5 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Plew @ Oct 28 2006, 11:31 PM) View Post

Hat of the Muffin Man makes muffins.... u cant beat that blink.gif

Hmm.. you do have a point there. smile1.gif I'll add it in.

Thanks. smile.gif

#6 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

Images fixed! biggrin.gif Thanks to Alias! smile.gif

#7 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:06 AM

Thanks, Noit! (And Alias) biggrin.gif

#8 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:25 AM

i never knew about generators since now, thanks dude

#9 kanazky

kanazky
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:09 AM

does the bag of sand have anything to do with the bottles of sand or are they totally different?

#10 laceu

laceu
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:35 PM

never knew about thous thanks tongue.gif

#11 Fhqwhgads

Fhqwhgads
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

So I guess Blizzard Ring counts as a crappy generator?

...Anyone want to buy one? XD

Nice guide, gotta save up for a hat or box of grundos.

#12 aoh2

aoh2
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:39 AM

Are these items hard to get?

#13 samoon

samoon
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

damn they are quite expensive!! anyone have any for cheap 100-200k?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users