• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:15 PM

I dont know if I showed this to you all before but here it is again tongue.gif.

This is a game of connect 4 I programmed in assembly last quarter tongue.gif. Check it out here:

It was written in CUSP assembly language (not a real machine but more of a simulator to help us learn assembly and how a computer functions which will allow us to learn any machine's assembly language after that). Because it was written in CUSP, I don't think you will be able to assemble it (requires the chasm assembler) but I've attached the source code if you wanted to take a look at it anyway tongue.gif. The game allows for single or multi player functions. For single player, a really simple AI is used to generate the computers next move tongue.gif. Some basic eye candy is included as well smile.gif.

Enjoy and tell me what you think biggrin.gif.

Attached Files

#2 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:19 PM

wow you wrote that whole thing in machine code...that must of been terribly time consuming..make it go online so we can all play! smile.gif

edit; oh nvm what is "CUSP"? never heard of that

#3 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(speaker @ Jan 27 2007, 03:19 PM) View Post
edit; oh nvm what is "CUSP"? never heard of that
Not many people will have heard of it since its a machine simulator of a really old architecture...its mainly so we can learn how the computer works at the low level and to apply what we learned to other machine languages for architectures that are in use today smile.gif.

#4 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:23 PM

does it come out with asm language when you use this "cusp"? or does it have it's unique code..if it translates it i'd really appreciate it if u could link me

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(speaker @ Jan 27 2007, 03:23 PM) View Post
does it come out with asm language when you use this "cusp"? or does it have it's unique code..if it translates it i'd really appreciate it if u could link me
Well the assembler makes object code. If you wanted asm code, you could do that too but since it is another assembly language, you would either have to reprogram the entire thing making use of the features of the architecture you are programming on or find some sort of converter and I don't really know of any so I can't help you there sad.gif. Sorry sad.gif...

#6 foogie

foogie
  • 5818 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:33 PM

rofl, silly nerds.

I do enjoy a good game of connect 4 though....

but the whole typing things to make the program run confuses me.

#7 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(Hydrogen @ Jan 27 2007, 06:28 PM) View Post
Well the assembler makes object code. If you wanted asm code, you could do that too but since it is another assembly language, you would either have to reprogram the entire thing making use of the features of the architecture you are programming on or find some sort of converter and I don't really know of any so I can't help you there sad.gif. Sorry sad.gif...

oh okay thats what i thought..thanks anyways smile.gif

#8 beshofabio

beshofabio
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 02:51 AM

Hey, Does someone still have this code?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users