Quantcast

Photo

Easy way to understand the physics behind time.

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

This is my post from the did time had a beggining topic....

For all you laymen there is a simpler way of understanding time. Think of it as having potential quanta, aka time potential. We move on to the future because the potential is gettinga smaller over a measured time.

There is an easy way to quantize time. Just look a t energy. Energy is a wavelength and a frequency times a constant. Time is a contained frequency aspect of energy, only it has higher frequencey containing more time potential. Think if one added a quanta of gamma into a system, it would take longer to reach a steady state than a Q of IR. The more time potential added, takes more measured time to pass on or in a sense delete itself.

"The conservation of energy implies that energy is conserved" -Hiesnberg.
This implies that all energy contains time potental. Time can spread into different types of energy, but the total will be conserved. Take this for example, if a nuclie absorbed the gammma quanta into mass, the atom will get to thermal state quicker. This is because time potential is now stored in the nucleuus and the time potential can be regurgitated at a later time. Hydrogen fusion is an example, releasing time potential that has been stored in the H atom since 1000000000000 years after the big bang. This time potentail is changed back to heat that now has much more time to stay arround and dissipte.

If you look at time as only a reference, the physics get really screwy and un-understandable.
Just look time as a potentail that we measure with watches, and it is really simple.

Josh had the wrong idea of time dilation. If u look at TD, time will slow down, when relative to a refference that is standing still. Think of it like this. 15 seconds in the time dilated reference, may actually take hours to the reference that is standing still. Using special relativity, what causes this is velocity. Velocity in a nutshell is kinetic energy. this also means the dilated reference containes more potential. In another nutshell, it's stored up time potential can only be used by the slower reference that is standing still. Everythin takes more time because it has more time potential.

Relativity also has another consequence. Gravity causes TD because of the gravity storing potential energy, aka time potential.

#2 ArchAngel.

ArchAngel.
  • 991 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:35 AM

No.
I'm sorry, but it doesn't work like that.
Time can't be looked at as a transferable energy source, because it isn't.
Fusion has nothing to do with time. It simply converts one form of energy into another form, here, mass to heat and light.
The energy created by fusion is defined by Einstein's equation, E=mc2.
Time has no effect on the amount of energy created, just the process in which it is created.

Also, when you look a time dilated reference, time doesn't slow down. It just passes by normally in reference to you. When you are in a time dilated reference, time is moving slower than it is from the point of view outside the reference. Relativity is caused by Kinetic Energy AND gravity.
Gravity is also supported by the Theory of Relativity per the space-time continuum. I forgot if the presence of more gravity slows time down or speeds it up, but I think it's slows time.
Aside from that, time dilation merely supports the fact that time is relative. Therefore, it depends on your point of view.

Also, in a time dilated frame of reference, the object inside it thinks it's going faster than the speed of light, since it's passing such a great amount of distance in a slowed frame of reference.

Time in terms of man was created with the creation of man.
Time's existence preceded the universe's current state.

The only arguable topic here is if time existed before the Big Bang or not...
My idea on the subject is that time never began, because before the Big Bang there was energy. As long as energy exists, so does time. They go hand in hand.

-edit-
Also, the addition to energy of mass has nothing to do with the quantum effects of time as a mass reaches the speed of light.
It's because of the space-time dimension's conflictions with mass moving at that speed. The only reason light moves at the speed it does is because it has no mass.

-edit2-
Also...
No energy enters the necleus of an atom. Whether is gamma radiation or light, energy goes to the electron if it has enough to move the electron to the next energy level, if not, then the energy is converted into kinetic energy for the entire atom causing the atom as a whole to vibrate.

Edited by ArchAngel., 26 April 2007 - 05:45 AM.

#3 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(ArchAngel. @ Apr 26 2007, 05:35 AM) View Post
No.
I'm sorry, but it doesn't work like that.
Time can't be looked at as a transferable energy source, because it isn't.
Fusion has nothing to do with time. It simply converts one form of energy into another form, here, mass to heat and light.
The energy created by fusion is defined by Einstein's equation, E=mc2.
Time has no effect on the amount of energy created, just the process in which it is created.

Also, when you look a time dilated reference, time doesn't slow down. It just passes by normally in reference to you. When you are in a time dilated reference, time is moving slower than it is from the point of view outside the reference. Relativity is caused by Kinetic Energy AND gravity.
Gravity is also supported by the Theory of Relativity per the space-time continuum. I forgot if e othe presence of more gravity slows time down or speeds it up, but I think it's slows time.
Aside from that, time dilation merely supports the fact that time is relative. Therefore, it depends on your point of view.

Also, in a time dilated frame of reference, the object inside it thinks it's going faster than the speed of light, since it's passing such a great amount of distance in a slowed frame of reference.

Time's existence preceded the universe's current state.

The only arguable topic here is if time existed before the Big Bang or not...
My idea on the subject is that time never began, because before the Big Bang there was energy. As long as energy exists, so does time. They go hand in hand.

-edit-
Also, the addition to energy of mass has nothing to do with the quantum effects of time as a mass reaches the speed of light.
It's because of the space-time dimension's conflictions with mass moving at that speed. The only reason light moves at the speed it does is because it has no mass.

-edit2-
Also...
No energy enters the necleus of an atom. Whether is gamma radiation or light, energy goes to the electron if it has enough to move the electron to the next energy level, if not, then the energy is converted into kinetic energy for the entire atom causing the atom as a whole to vibrate.

lol I am not trying to be rude but your idea of time is so barked up.
You honestly need to read some real material.
It sounds like your knowledge came straight out of QED.

i am not going to even try and refute your post right now cause i am on my way to class were I will bring this topic up with my theoretical physics professor.

"It's because of the space-time dimension's conflictions with mass moving at that speed. The only reason light moves at the speed it does is because it has no mass." you think telling me such simple things contradicts my explanation of time? WRONG everyone knows how e=mc2 works, and throwing around its implications does nothing but make you seem smart to the outside observer. Don't throw this high school explanation of relativity around. It makes you seem stupid.
"Time has no effect on the amount of energy created, just the process in which it is created."
Dead barking wrong. 100% What is time may I ask you? its a out based source of probability waves. It is a direct effect of Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle. When looked at through QM.

Honestly, do some research. How does energy not effect the expression of Time potential?

lol, my dad is cracking up at this.
Relativity is caused by Kinetic Energy AND gravity.

Hey what is gravity might I ask.......
and what is the basic and I means basic for of energy transfer for gravity......

It's because of the space-time dimension's conflictions with mass moving at that speed. Thnly reason light moves at the speed it does is because it has no mass.

Did you figure that out all by yourself?
Honestly. That just made you sound stupid.
I thought light moved at 330,000 miles per second because it was magical......

No hard feeling, but I don't think this argument is fair......

#4 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:19 PM

Give me some time.
I have to fix my comp,
then i will re-write what i meant.
I noticed some errors.

#5 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

You're all wrong.

Time is simply a human perception of the past, present and future. It's simply the measurement of our lifespan remainder until we die.

Edited by Euphoria, 26 April 2007 - 09:12 PM.

#6 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE(Josh @ Apr 27 2007, 05:18 AM) View Post
I already said that tongue.gif

I JUST CUT YOUR ARM OFF WITH OCCAM'S RAZOR SO NER.

Jees.

#7 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(Euphoria @ Apr 26 2007, 09:12 PM) View Post
You're all wrong.

Time is simply a human perception of the past, present and future. It's simply the measurement of our lifespan remainder until we die.

WRONG WRONG AND WRONG
That is the laymens understanding.
Time is an actual "object"
its like saying energy is a human perception, or gravity is

Even though Time potential is relative to the measuring observer, it is still measurable and its effect from gravity can be measured and recorded. Motion is relative, so is size. What your saying is that QM is just a realization of the mind.....NOT TRUE

#8 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:06 AM

Sonic, you get too angry about physics for it to be healthy.

#9 ArchAngel.

ArchAngel.
  • 991 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(Sonic @ Apr 26 2007, 07:29 AM) View Post
"It's because of the space-time dimension's conflictions with mass moving at that speed. The only reason light moves at the speed it does is because it has no mass." you think telling me such simple things contradicts my explanation of time? WRONG everyone knows how e=mc2 works, and throwing around its implications does nothing but make you seem smart to the outside observer. Don't throw this high school explanation of relativity around. It makes you seem stupid.

Don't throw this around? Don't throw around nuclear fusion/fission you dipshit. It has nothing to do with time whatsoever. Time has no energy, no physical existence besides its dimension. The process of created energy doesn't even come close to relating ANYTHING to time.
"Time has no effect on the amount of energy created, just the process in which it is created."
Dead barking wrong. 100% What is time may I ask you? its a out based source of probability waves. It is a direct effect of Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle. When looked at through QM.

Wow... One of the stupidest things I've ever heard. First of all, the uncertainty principle has nothing to do with time. It's just a complicated way of saying we can't measure the existence of something since it moves so quickly. Mainly electrons. Thats mostly what it is applied to. Time does not change the amount of energy created. God you're an idiot. If you went through nuclear fusion in a second or hours, a single process, you'd create the same amount of energy...
Stop talking about things that have nothing to do with anything...

Honestly, do some research. How does energy not effect the expression of Time potential?

There is no such thing of time potential. You just pulled something out of your ass and called it time ptential.
"Relativity is caused by Kinetic Energy AND gravity"
Hey what is gravity might I ask.......
and what is the basic and I means basic for of energy transfer for gravity......

That was me just not being exact. I was talking about time relativity obviously. Don't take it out of context.

I'm sorry, but you've come up with the worst conclusion known to man. Most of what you say has nothing to do with time and the effects of it. You just throw stuff around hoping something is right...
Time potential...
God...

#10 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:48 AM

Ok.

#1. Light is NOT massless. If so, then the speed of light would be infinite... And that would just ruin all of your little notions on time. tongue.gif

MiniRant:
Sonic, I really don't know what your are talking about. 1we8.gif I have not been able to keep up on the world of physics due to family life and work. dry.gif

I have always operated under the concept that time is just used as a frame of reference to measure the length of time something takes to occur.

And I can't remember why, but gravity DOES affect time greatly. Hence why to an outside observer actions at the event horizon of a black hole seem to occur in slow motion, while someone sitting on the event horizon would see the universe literally "flying by".

#11 ArchAngel.

ArchAngel.
  • 991 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:10 PM

Light has mass?
I thought photons were pure energy...
And light not having mass wouldn't give it unlimited I think...
Light doesnt have kinetic energy...
W/e...
If I'm wrong in this post, don't blame me.
I'm just speculating here. :X

#12 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

shows how smart you are.......
photons having no mass?

And cata, you need to tell these punks to shut up and they dont know what they are talking about. Cata an me own joo at physics....

no time potential huh? google it.
think of what potential means.......
then think of time.
WOW

"It's just a complicated way of saying we can't measure the existence of something since it moves so quickly"

lol because they move to fast?????
YOU ARE SO barkING SHALLOW
A baseball's speed and position cannot be defined.......
along with a photon....
Dont be so shallow. There are many consequences to all theories. Not just the obvious ones.

I have too much stuff to debate every little stupid point of yours. You dont understand Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, you dont understand probability waves, and you have a very small understanding of the outlines of relativity. I doubt you even know any of the math behind the concepts.

Time is relative, that is the only smart thing you have said...........
dumbass. Learn something. Don't just repeat shallow understandings of physics.

#13 ArchAngel.

ArchAngel.
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:03 AM

Google results for time potential.
No such thing.
http://www.google.co...G=Google Search
No such thing as time potential. There is no site that even talks about it.
You're the biggest dumbshit I've ever seen you know that?
I hauled your ass in about every damn point you've made, and you come out and say "Oh, I won't argue with your shit."
Dude, EVERYTHING I've said can be backed by resources.
You on the other hand, just made every piece of bullshit up.
You are a disgrace to any scientific community ever in existence.
Cata is probably embarassed to even be associated with you.
Shut up.

-edit
1 more thing, the uncertainty principle couldn't be applied to a baseball.
I was right dumbass, macroscopic definitions are unaffected by the uncertainty principle...
Wow.

-edit2
One last thing, the Uncertainty principle doesn't apply to time for shit. It just accounts for large energy changes in short amounts of time... We already know that though since you brought up the subject of nuclear fusion for no damned reason.
Just displacement and momentum. You just use the randomest shit hoping nobody would know how stupid you are.
You might as well say, lets use air friction to prove time is relative...

Edited by ArchAngel., 28 April 2007 - 10:16 AM.

#14 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:03 PM

I just consider time as something we use to explain everything it else. It is what it are, was, and always will be ;o

#15 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE(ArchAngel. @ Apr 28 2007, 11:03 AM) View Post
Google results for time potential.
No such thing.
http://www.google.co...G=Google Search
I hauled your ass in about every damn point you've made, and you come out and say "Oh, I won't argue with your shit."
Dude, EVERYTHING I've said can be backed by resources.
You on the other hand, just made every piece of bullshit up.
You are a disgrace to any scientific community ever in existence.
Shut up.

-edit
I was right dumbass, macroscopic definitions are unaffected by the uncertainty principle...
Wow.

-edit2
One last thing, the Uncertainty principle doesn't apply to time for shit. It just accounts for large energy changes in short amounts of time... We already know that though since you brought up the subject of nuclear fusion for no damned reason.
Just displacement and momentum. You just use the randomest shit hoping nobody would know how stupid you are.
You might as well say, lets use air friction to prove time is relative...

lol, the fact you insult him every other sentence might not be helping to convince him.

#16 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

now that I have to take time out of my day to own you.....

ownage number barking one."it applies to the position and momentum of any object and implies that if we continue increasing the accuracy with which one of these is measured (or defined), the other will be measured (or defined) with less and less accuracy."
Taken from HERE

It just accounts for large energy changes in short amounts of time...

Ownage number two
Not only did you just correct yourself by saying "large energy changes in a short amount of time" the word time being the main word.
I will explain it a little better.
The uncertainty principle is a mathmatical model that shows that the uncertainty in position and the uncertainty of the momentum figured in with Planck’s Constant shows the implications of very small time scales....

Ownage number three
Your the barking dumbass
"The confusion is resolved if one looks at time as a potential quanta instead of just a reference variable. As a potential quanta it can change potential, via gravity, and it can propagate gravitational potential. If one looks at it as only a reference variable, physics sounds like esoteric philosophy.

Time potential is half of energy. It is the frequency aspect of energy. If one looks at the gravitational red shift, higher gravity creates higher magnitude quanta of time potential. The gravity and time potential fields are in equilibrium. As energy moves to lower gravity, its time potential aspect will lower potential. The lower time potential lowers the frequency since the product much remain at C. "
Taken from HERE.

That was just dumb. I had cata's children he loves me.....twice

Light has mass?
I thought photons were pure energy...

Ownage number 4
WOW just barking wow.
Shows that you may know alot about things on their VERY BASIC LEVEL.
Photons have and dont have mass. The common physics book would tell you know just so it is easyer to explain.
Now that we have proven that you may think you know everything, when really you know the surface, we can fix that.

Don't throw this around? Don't throw around nuclear fusion/fission you dipshit. It has nothing to do with time whatsoever. Time has no energy, no physical existence besides its dimension. The process of created energy doesn't even come close to relating ANYTHING to time.

WOW. Shows how you are still shallow.
I was using the act of example........
Lol I still cant get over that you think that time has nothing to do with anything. Time is an invisble detectable variable just like probability waves.
Check HERE
Schrödinger's cat thought experiment is a great example.

Ownage number 10000
I threw this in to show your blissfull ignorance
lol, what would happen if a atom, or a person got to the speed of light.....
Your mass increases the faster you go(sort of), when you reach 330,000 miles per second, the energy needed to push your mass past the speed of light would be infinite, and everyone knows that there is a finite amount of energy in the universe. Your mass is what limits your speed you barking dumbass.
Guess what would happen if you did reach the speed of light?
You would in sense, go back in TIME. There is that word you know so little about.
TIME

Time is a reference measurement. That is the dumest shit ever.... To someone with a higher level of understanding knows this is not correct.

AND THE BIGGEST OWNAGE OF ALL. This is a direct quote taken from here.

".... time is linear and part of the fundamental structure of the universe, a dimension in which events occur in sequence, and time itself is something that can be measured."

And just a little adition to it all,
"trying to ascertain what happened "before" time began is like trying to find out what is north of the North Pole, and that such questions are self-contradictory, and thus without meaning"

Ok so all my posts are without proof?
I feel all my main points were proven.
With links.
So just shut up.
Your too shallow to understand anything other than the surface of physics.

#17 otherworld

otherworld
  • 1022 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:10 PM

Alright children, play nice. Its getting a bit too close to flaming really.

On topic, I am horrible at physics so dont understand anything posted here really.

#18 ArchAngel.

ArchAngel.
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Sonic @ Apr 28 2007, 01:56 PM) View Post
now that I have to take time out of my day to own you.....
ownage number barking one."it applies to the position and momentum of any object and implies that if we continue increasing the accuracy with which one of these is measured (or defined), the other will be measured (or defined) with less and less accuracy."
Taken from HERE

"the uncertainty principle governs the observable nature of atoms and subatomic particles while its effect on measurements in the macroscopic world is negligible and can be usually ignored."
Taken from the SAME EXACT PAGE.
Read it.
Ownage number two
Not only did you just correct yourself by saying "large energy changes in a short amount of time" the word time being the main word.
The uncertainty principle is a mathmatical model that shows that the uncertainty in position and the uncertainty of the momentum figured in with Planck’s Constant shows the implications of very small time scales....

Energy changes are a fundamental part of the existence of anything.
Idk how this is even in this discussion...
It doesn't account for anything. Just because time exists in the idea doesn't mean it helps with anything...
Ownage number three
Your the barking dumbass
"The confusion is resolved if one looks at time as a potential quanta instead of just a reference variable. As a potential quanta it can change potential, via gravity, and it can propagate gravitational potential. If one looks at it as only a reference variable, physics sounds like esoteric philosophy.

Time potential is half of energy. It is the frequency aspect of energy. If one looks at the gravitational red shift, higher gravity creates higher magnitude quanta of time potential. The gravity and time potential fields are in equilibrium. As energy moves to lower gravity, its time potential aspect will lower potential. The lower time potential lowers the frequency since the product much remain at C. "
Taken from HERE.

Dude... I love that source. It was taken from this thread.
Awesome.
And using time potential is one of the stupidest concepts ever...
Lowering time potential lowers the frequency...
lol...
Stupidass statement... You don't need "time potential" to figure that out.
Ownage number 4
WOW just barking wow.
Photons have and dont have mass. The common physics book would tell you know just so it is easyer to explain.
Now that we have proven that you may think you know everything, when really you know the surface, we can fix that.

Photons have no mass...
Google it.
I was right. Photons have no mass, but they have momentum...
Hence the reason that photons have perfectly inelastic collisions with electrons, yet the electrons mass doesn't change...
WOW. Shows how you are still shallow.
Lol I still cant get over that you think that time has nothing to do with anything. Time is an invisble detectable variable just like probability waves.
Check HERE

You're putting words in my mouth...
I said nuclear fusion has nothing to do with time...
It creates no implications in and of itself...
Ownage number 10000
Your mass increases the faster you go(sort of), when you reach 330,000 miles per second, the energy needed to push your mass past the speed of light would be infinite, and everyone knows that there is a finite amount of energy in the universe. Your mass is what limits your speed you barking dumbass.
You would in sense, go back in TIME. There is that word you know so little about.
TIME
Time is a reference measurement. That is the dumest shit ever.... To someone with a higher level of understanding knows this is not correct.

Go back in time... lol... I like how you came up with that hypothesis, but no you wouldn't...
Time would essentially stop if you reached the speed of light.
Yeah... well... Think about it...
AND THE BIGGEST OWNAGE OF ALL. This is a direct quote taken from here

Sure... why not...
Prove yourself with the definition of time. rolleyes.gif

#19 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(ArchAngel. @ Apr 28 2007, 03:11 PM) View Post
Go back in time... lol... I like how you came up with that hypothesis, but no you wouldn't...

I don't have to refute all the shit you said because 99% of it was well, shit.
Just a small point. To stop you from making yourself look dumb, check that please. I don't have time to find a source, but its wrong. NVM there is always time to own people.
HERE

You can say all you want but that was taken from the leader of this fields personal opinion. No arguing that, not even from all mighty archangel.
Damn.
ouch

#20 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:26 AM

Sonic, dismember yourself with Occam's Razor before replying in this thread again.

#21 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE(ArchAngel)
QUOTE(Sonic @ Apr 28 2007, 01:56 PM) now that I have to take time out of my day to own you.....
Taken from HERE
"the uncertainty principle governs the observable nature of atoms and subatomic particles while its effect on measurements in the macroscopic world is negligible and can be usually ignored."
Taken from the SAME EXACT PAGE.
Read it.

is negligible
It means that it is STILL THERE.
QUOTEOwnage number two
Energy changes are a fundamental part of the existence of anything.
Idk how this is even in this discussion...
It doesn't account for anything. Just because time exists in the idea doesn't mean it helps with anything...
QUOTEOwnage number three
Your the barking dumbass

Taken from HERE.
Dude... I love that source. It was taken from this thread.
Awesome.
And using time potential is one of the stupidest concepts ever...
Lowering time potential lowers the frequency...
lol...
Stupidass statement... You don't need "time potential" to figure that out.
QUOTEOwnage number 4
WOW just barking wow.
Photons have no mass...
Google it.
I was right. Photons have no mass, but they have momentum...
Hence the reason that photons have perfectly inelastic collisions with electrons, yet the electrons mass doesn't change...
QUOTEWOW. Shows how you are still shallow.
Check HERE
You're putting words in my mouth...
I said nuclear fusion has nothing to do with time...
It creates no implications in and of itself...
QUOTEOwnage number 10000
TIME
QUOTEAND THE BIGGEST OWNAGE OF ALL. This is a direct quote taken from here
Sure... why not...

Ok. Physics 101 and Having Sex with the Theory of Relativity. As you approach the speed of light time (relative to you) continues on a normal pace, while the outside world operates at a speed (relative to you) that is slower than your own. Now if you actually get to the speed of light time would *essentially* stop (relative to you). Now, we get dirty. Moving forward in time is easy, we do it all the time, even right now! Approaching the speed of light makes the outside world appear as if it is moving slower (relative to us), reaching the speed of light *stops* time. Where the hell else is there to go after we pass the speed of light? I suppose back in time is completely plausible. Albeit, I can not PROVE it, it is just how my brain operates. Now, I think we ALL realize that if we did actually reach the speed of light, you are barked. This is all just bantering back and forth. tongue.gif I will call you guys when I finally get this universal thingy for everythingy all worked out... So far I got E= MC2.

While I do believe time does actually have a quanta, I can concede the fact that I do not understand the actual physics applications behind it. tongue.gif But I do know enough to straighten out some of you guys information.

Edited by Cataliste, 30 April 2007 - 08:27 AM.

#22 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:31 PM

You're all still thinking far, far too hard.

The most simplistic answer is generally the best.

#23 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Apr 30 2007, 12:43 PM) View Post
is negligible

Ok. Physics 101 and Having Sex with the Theory of Relativity. As you approach the speed of light time (relative to you) continues on a normal pace, while the outside world operates at a speed (relative to you) that is slower than your own. Now if you actually get to the speed of light time would *essentially* stop (relative to you). Now, we get dirty. Moving forward in time is easy, we do it all the time, even right now! Approaching the speed of light makes the outside world appear as if it is moving slower (relative to us), reaching the speed of light *stops* time. Where the hell else is there to go after we pass the speed of light? I suppose back in time is completely plausible. Albeit, I can not PROVE it, it is just how my brain operates. Now, I think we ALL realize that if we did actually reach the speed of light, you are barked. This is all just bantering back and forth. tongue.gif I will call you guys when I finally get this universal thingy for everythingy all worked out... So far I got E= MC2.

While I do believe time does actually have a quanta, I can concede the fact that I do not understand the actual physics applications behind it. tongue.gif But I do know enough to straighten out some of you guys information.

blink.gif But time is just... time. Time is still passing while you're going the speed of light 1we8.gif

#24 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Pomroy / Trixx @ Apr 30 2007, 01:39 PM) View Post
blink.gif But time is just... time. Time is still passing while you're going the speed of light 1we8.gif

trixx trixx trixx, time is relative to the observer...........

QUOTE(Euphoria @ Apr 30 2007, 01:26 AM) View Post
Sonic, dismember yourself with Occam's Razor before replying in this thread again.

lol euph, u piss me off sometimes, but alot of times u make me laugh

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Apr 30 2007, 08:13 AM) View Post
is negligible

that was the point i was trying to make.
but arch angel just cant get himself past the surface to the deeper implications.....

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Apr 30 2007, 08:13 AM) View Post

see back in the day when me and you used to argue physics all the time, I had the same problem I do now. It is hard for me to explain it in words, through a computer.

For example. I was trying to write a post about quantum entanglement theory (aka spooky action at a distance), which would make what I was saying a lot more understandable and would make arch shut up, but It was just to hard to explain. I'm a good vocal teacher but when it comes to writen words I suck.... Oh help me Feynman. lol

#25 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

Time, I consider the thing around the world. It goes from point A to point B at the same speed, for everyone.It's just there. I just think you can speed yourself up, which would make everyone else s

Edited by Pomroy / Trixx, 30 April 2007 - 03:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users