~Autobuying Guide~Introduction to Autobuying
The absolutely best and the only way to make serious NP on Neopets is to Restock. You can make a massive amount of NP this way, and obviously make everyone wonder how you do it
.. But restocking is very boring. Having to sit and refresh the same page over and over half a million times isn't exactly exciting, or even worth it for that matter. And here's when autobuying comes in. All you have to do is open your AutoBuyer, set it up, and leave it running for a few hours. It's a great way of making tons of NP and it doesn't require a lot of effort.Choosing your Weapon
When choosing your AutoBuyer you want to make sure that it's easy to use yet provides great results, and doesn't get your account iced.Here are some good features to look for.
- Something that shows your stats. (Username, Pet, NP you have in hand, etc)
- Minimizes to your system tray
- Automatically checks for RS bans, and sleeps if you are banned instead of pointlessly refreshing.
- Shows a log of what you bought, missed, and attempted to buy.
- Has a feature that lets you set a random refresh interval.
- Let's you choose what shop you can AB at and let's you load a custom list for that shop.
There are quite a few available to our members right here on NeoCodex. But you have to be active and help out in order to earn the right to use them. So set your sight high and aim to atleast be an Advanced Member!Minimizing your Chances of Getting Frozen
So you want to make massive amounts of NP and not get iced? Wee, no Ab is 100% safe to use BUT there are things you could do to minimize your chances of getting iced.
Hiding the Relationship of your Side Account to your Main Account
- Don't EVER use your main account to AutoBuy things on, this way if you do get iced hopefully your profits won't all go down the drain.
- Don't have your Autobuyer refresh every .0000001 seconds, that's not smart (this is where that custom refresh rate come in handy) set your AB to refresh every 5-8 seconds or so. Remember faster refresh rate will get you more items BUT it will also exponentially increase your chances of getting iced. use a refresh rate that you're comfortable with.
- Restock things that don't look uberly suspicious, people would suspect something if you had your trades packed with UB Morphing Potions on a 1 week old account.
- Don't leave your AB on for more then a few hours at a time. Not even the best restocker on Neopets can stay in a shop for 12 hours straight.
So you decided to use your side accounts for your Ab needs ? Good ! Well it will all be for nothing if you don't hide the relationship between the 2 accounts. Ever heard of chain freezing? That's when TNT freezes ALL of your accounts, even if you didn't cheat on all of them, and they sure love doing that!
Transferring your Items
- When making your side account never use the same info as you did for your main account (age, location, date of birth, name, etc..)
- You should also set up proxies when you are going to use your side account, or even better use a different IP address.
- You could also call your internet provider to have them change your IP for you, but this might get a little annoying for them to do, and for you as well.
OK so you got your first UB item? Good, but DON'T JUST SEND IT OVER TO YOUR MAIN! That will give it away and both accounts could be iced in the near future. There are however certain things that you could do to thrown TNT for a spin so they wouldn't be able to track you and your transactions.
Again when transferring cheap items from one account to another use NF auctions or the Tp and make a noob offer, wait an hour or two to show that it's not the same person accepting as soon as you make the offer. Do the same thing for the more expensive items but offer more Np on the auctions or whatever but don't ever just send it over as a gift, thats a dead giveaway!Autobuying Lists
Because of the frequent changes in the Neopian economy, prices of items may inflate or deflate, and lose it's value. So it would be wise to update your lists often and take off the stuff that wouldn't make profit anymore, and at the same time add the ones that gained value.
Also try not to use anyone else's Lists, because Abers ususally look for things in the shops in order of the lists, so if an useb expensive item appears and everyove's lists are the same EVERYONE will try to get that item and your chances of getting that item have just plummeted. I'm not saying don't put expencive items on your list, just rearrange your lists so it's unique.
All of my lists are currently outdated so you'll probably be better off making your own or using some of lists provided by our other members.Account Age
Last but not least, your account age has a HUGE impact on the items that you can see in the main shops. The older your account ages more expensive and rare things will start appearing in the shops, so you'll be able to make more profit as you go. This is what i believe to be TNT's attempt @ stopping ABing... it hasn't been too efficient so far.> 1 month: You can only see items r89 and below.
1 month: You can see up to r94 items
3+ months: You can now see up to r95+ items