Quantcast

Photo

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix(Movie)

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 Sakura

Sakura
  • 2180 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

The final fight was NOTHING like the book, what are you people talking about? They left out the different rooms with all of the weird junk, they left out almost all of the DA getting knocked out cold. In the book you're left wondering if Ginny is dead until the last couple of pages. In the book Dumbledore was just flicking his wand around beating the crap out of Voldemort, in the movie its equal if not almost Dumbledore losing. Come ON, they didn't even get the action part right. It was just rushed rushed rushed.

And Harry was all cranky because he was feeling Voldemort's emotions underneath his all of the time. One would assume that the Dark Lord would be brooding most of the time. XD

Edited by Sakura, 13 July 2007 - 10:55 AM.

#52 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Sakura @ Jul 13 2007, 01:54 PM) View Post
The final fight was NOTHING like the book, what are you people talking about? They left out the different rooms with all of the weird junk, they left out almost all of the DA getting knocked out cold. In the book you're left wondering if Ginny is dead until the last couple of pages. In the book Dumbledore was just flicking his wand around beating the crap out of Voldemort, in the movie its equal if not almost Dumbledore losing. Come ON, they didn't even get the action part right. It was just rushed rushed rushed.
Agreed. I was sort of pissed that the giant tentacled brain didn't make an appearance tongue.gif

And Harry was all cranky because he was feeling Voldemort's emotions underneath his all of the time. One would assume that the Dark Lord would be brooding most of the time. XD
Right, but why wasn't that made more apparent in the movie?

#53 The Defier

The Defier
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:43 PM

I hear the movie sucked... was it that worse than Goblet?

#54 Hlaw

Hlaw
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

it sucked real bad, but its still going to make a shitload of money

#55 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

The more I read you guys' replies, the more I realized that yes, A LOT was left out. I had totally forgotten about the Quidditch thing and the weird rooms.... Sigh. Oh well. What can you do? The movie you make in your mind whilst you're reading is so incredibly FUXING AWESOME but then you see the actual movie..... && it blows.

Edited by brookuslicious, 13 July 2007 - 08:42 PM.

#56 arthritis

arthritis
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

IMO, the part where sirus died was quite saddening.

#57 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

The following review is from someone who has NOT read the book:

So I just got back from seeing it. I LOVED IT!! happy.gif I loved the whole 'rebellion' thing and how Umbridge basically took over the school. I quite liked the final fight as well, although I wish is could've been longer. The effects were flawless and acting was(this is a first for an HP movie)actually not bad. It finally becomes apparent that they casted the perfect actors to play Harry, Ron, and Hermione after seeing this movie. Overall, I give it a 9/10 biggrin.gif

Edited by ßlack ƒlame, 14 July 2007 - 09:20 AM.

#58 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(redlion @ Jul 14 2007, 01:32 AM) View Post
Agreed. I was sort of pissed that the giant tentacled brain didn't make an appearance tongue.gif

Right, but why wasn't that made more apparent in the movie?

No brain room? blink.gif

Tell me they smashed all the time turners though...?

#59 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Jul 14 2007, 11:24 AM) View Post
No brain room? blink.gif

Tell me they smashed all the time turners though...?

Ha. Your hopes are set too high. They didn't even have the initial spinning doors room.

#60 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(redlion @ Jul 14 2007, 05:56 PM) View Post
Ha. Your hopes are set too high. They didn't even have the initial spinning doors room.

Whaaaaat?

But smashing the TTs is important!
No bell jar or anything? Poooooor.

So, just the prophecy room, and the archway room?

#61 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Jul 14 2007, 12:17 PM) View Post
Whaaaaat?

But smashing the TTs is important!
No bell jar or anything? Poooooor.

So, just the prophecy room, and the archway room?

Aye. The whole fight scene was in the archway room, until harry chases Bellatrix into the entrance hall.

#62 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(redlion @ Jul 14 2007, 06:19 PM) View Post
Aye. The whole fight scene was in the archway room, until harry chases Bellatrix into the entrance hall.

Blech.
I'm sickened.

Did they ride the Thestrals there? Because in the trailer, it looked like broomsticks.

#63 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Jul 14 2007, 12:22 PM) View Post
Blech.
I'm sickened.

Did they ride the Thestrals there? Because in the trailer, it looked like broomsticks.

Yeah, they got that bit right. Although Neville was supposed to be able to see them and there was no indication that he could.

Also, whats up with Ginny being an ugly little bitch? She's supposed to be popular in the fifth and sixth books, right? Well, I don't see how even English people would find her that attractive. No offense to Bonnie Wright or anything, she's a lovely girl.

#64 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(redlion @ Jul 14 2007, 08:06 PM) View Post
Yeah, they got that bit right. Although Neville was supposed to be able to see them and there was no indication that he could.

Also, whats up with Ginny being an ugly little bitch? She's supposed to be popular in the fifth and sixth books, right? Well, I don't see how even English people would find her that attractive. No offense to Bonnie Wright or anything, she's a lovely girl.

lol
I was thinking that when I watched CoS the other day tongue.gif
"How is this girl going to grow up pretty?"

#65 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

But you have to agree that the fight between Voldemort and Dumbledore was pretty barking awesome looking, regardless of how it was carried out tongue.gif

QUOTE(redlion @ Jul 13 2007, 07:32 PM) View Post

So was I. I was expecting the brains sad.gif

#66 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Jul 14 2007, 03:14 PM) View Post
lol
I was thinking that when I watched CoS the other day tongue.gif
"How is this girl going to grow up pretty?"
Thank god my opinion has been seconded. I honestly almost hurled at the thought of someone kissing her on screen.

#67 arthritis

arthritis
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

cho looks
-vomits-

anyway, i teared the part sirus left =/

#68 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:57 AM

Firenze, m'dear happy.gif

And... they fly through London when Harry is rescued? I'm pretty sure that London isn't between Surrey and the Burrow...

#69 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Jul 16 2007, 07:57 AM) View Post
Firenze, m'dear happy.gif

And... they fly through London when Harry is rescued? I'm pretty sure that London isn't between Surrey and the Burrow...

They also fly about sea level completely visible, you can't expect too much to be kept true to the book.

Ginny is weird looking, I've always wondered why they casted that fat dude as Moody, the whole end part was quite chopped apart, the battle wasn't accurate, yet I still really enjoyed going to the movie tongue.gif

#70 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jul 13 2007, 07:54 AM) View Post
Fair enough, but you are going to when you have a break right? Right??!
Really? I found it mostly just grated on my nerves to be honest... I wouldn't say it was bad, not at all, but it certainly isn't top 3.
Harry literally reminded me of Ian dry.gif The old Ian - the one who would burst out all flamey and angry at everyone tongue.gif It was uncanny how much Harry reminded me of old Ian XD

Thanks.

QUOTE(redlion @ Jul 13 2007, 06:38 PM) View Post
Same. At least, in the book. He was really... bitchy, and always thought he was alone and misunderstood. Really, he exemplified an American teenager. Or any teenager, I guess. I didn't think of Ian when I read it, but now that I think about it, he fits almost exactly tongue.gif
Well, obviously. Kreacher is how voldemort learns so much. Wasn't there a point in HBP that Dumbledore explained that when Sirius said 'get out' Kreacher took it literally and went to the LeStranges'? I can't remember if I read that in a fanfic or if that was real.

And thanks again sad.gif

#71 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:49 AM

i thought in the book, Dumbledore was having a hard time with Voldemort. wasn't it something like Voldemort was flying around the room pretty much running circles around Dumbledore?

#72 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jul 17 2007, 04:12 AM) View Post
It's simply truth.

And yep the battle scene was entirely different from the book but none-the-less was pretty cool.

Want another truth? I am pregnant!

#73 MrBubbles?

MrBubbles?
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(brookuslicious @ Jul 11 2007, 01:48 PM) View Post
I am sure there has been a topic about this already but I'm posting anyways.

I GETS TO SEE THIS TONIGHT! AHHHHHH.
I'm so excited. I have a kick ass hoodie I'm wearing that I got off ebay. I even have glasses. I'm so uber nerd.
So... anyone else going to see this soon?

lmao, yeah I'm gunna...eventually.lol!

#74 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jul 17 2007, 07:08 PM) View Post
Of course you are Ian. Of course.

Murderkill, ah no I'm pretty sure in the 5th book, their fight was fairly even.

yeah... sorry, i was just insinuating that Voldemort was faster. not more powerful, just able to move faster than an OLD GUY XD

although, now that i think back, they were both kinda flying around Harry and just kinda blowing his mind tongue.gif

#75 mehike

mehike
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:25 AM

Saw it few days ago. The visual effects were pretty impressive, only too bad they had changed and cut the story a lot sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users