Update - July 26, 2007

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

Laser Wave was kind enough to code a new modification for us due to popular demand. Thanks once again! smile.gif

QUOTE(Modification Description)
The New Post Filter allows you to filter out threads from the new posts list by their respective forums. By selecting forums on the list below, you are choosing not to display posts from these forums in the new posts list.

Multiple forums can be selected by holding ctrl while making your selection.

The modification can be used in the UserCP, then find "New Post Filter" on the navigation bar, or click the link below:
http://www.neocodex....utocom=npfilter

QUOTE(Extra Information)
From experimentation, I learned that you need to highlight the subfolders too to block them.. highlighting the parent folder will only block posts made in the parent folder.

To undo, hold control and click a previously made selection.

Movies/TV section renamed to Media section
Because some users wanted to have an area where books and magazines can be talked about, we have renamed the Movies/TV section to "Other Media". This section will include Movies/TV as well as books, magazines and other written media.

Also, sorry I've been rather inactive lately.... I'll try my best to keep on top of the daily tasks I normally do, but I won't be doing any huge upgrading until a bit later in the summer, probably sometime in August. PMs should be answered in a timely process still, but if not, feel free to give me heck. tongue.gif

#2 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:05 PM

Sounds good, SL smile.gif Thanks LW for the mod biggrin.gif

#3 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

Alrighty then. I've never felt the need to filter a forum before, but this lost city shit is really starting to get on my nerves, so I might take this thing for a spin.

#4 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(redlion @ Jul 26 2007, 11:31 PM) View Post
Alrighty then. I've never felt the need to filter a forum before, but this lost city shit is really starting to get on my nerves, so I might take this thing for a spin.

QFE

I'm not against LPC, I just...don't play it tongue.gif I mean it basically fills up the View New Posts page now.

Edited by ßlack ƒlame, 26 July 2007 - 08:34 PM.

#5 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(redlion @ Jul 26 2007, 10:31 PM) View Post

Heh, I wasn't sure if they were going to fill up their forum much but they sure surprised me.... tongue.gif

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jul 26 2007, 09:44 PM) View Post
I'm thoroughly confused as to how to use the filter. I don't know what I have and haven't blocked. I don't know if I block say Gaming, does that mean all the subforums are blocked or do I need to do it individually. Also what if I madea mistake, how do I un-do it... sad.gif

From experimentation, I learned that you need to highlight the subfolders too to block them.. highlighting the parent folder will only block posts made in the parent folder.

To undo, hold control and click a previously made selection. tongue.gif

#7 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

This is hard to use. I highlighted what I wanted to block and clicked the buttom but it didn't work. I reloaded the page and nothing was highlighted

#8 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(Mr. Hobo @ Jul 26 2007, 10:58 PM) View Post
This is hard to use. I highlighted what I wanted to block and clicked the buttom but it didn't work. I reloaded the page and nothing was highlighted

I don't know what to say. sad.gif It works perfectly for me... I highlight the items, press Update, and then go back to it later and the settings are still all saved. Maybe Laser Wave can help you out when he reads this. sad.gif

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE(Mr. Hobo @ Jul 27 2007, 04:58 AM) View Post

I'm not sure what to do, it's working fine for me. blink.gif

Try checking the database SL, see if it saved anything for him.

#10 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:37 AM

Yay. ^__^ Thank you Laser.. & SL.

It works pefectly for me btw, no neopets or programming stuff shows ^^

#11 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:55 AM

Thanks! New post filter sounds awesome!