Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:30 PM

White.
Red + Black = Brown........ nubs dry.gif

#27 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

Mixing of colors(especially red and black)sounds cool though biggrin.gif

Yes I know, what would be some other good colors? I say the new post tag should be mixed.

White.

It could be like stripes or something. Not actually mixed.

#28 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(Freddy @ Jul 29 2007, 04:30 PM) View Post
White.

I didn't actually mean mix them, like have a tag that's both black and red. tongue.gif

White could be a possibility...

#29 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

I didn't actually mean mix them, like have a tag that's both black and red. tongue.gif

White could be a possibility...

Lol, I just said that... white would sound cool though Freddy.

#30 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

i dont mind what the tag looks like, alongs as its an improvement of the current one....

*looks at the diamond supporter tag and is jealous*

#31 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:42 PM

i dont mind what the tag looks like, alongs as its an improvement of the current one....

*looks at the diamond supporter tag and is jealous*

You just gave me an idea. It should be like the supporter tags because it has noting to do with members ( member, advance private etc.) it should look different.

#32 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

maybe but that would be much harder to give out right, because the code will be in a different page

#33 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

advanced is already anmix of red and balck... guys blind?? we need some exotic sombinations like pruivate blue+red... or green+purple.. and not like MIXING but have the BG be one color and then have a diffrent color design, that would take up like 50% of the tag

i'd be really cool if my tags were in a diffrent order.. they would go from red to orange to yellow.. i'da ctually look good i wonder if there sia way to change this.. without begging admin to do so

#34 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jul 29 2007, 08:27 PM) View Post
I think all tags should be done over entirely, start from scratch. There are very few colours left, I made a list even, and the only colours that are left are really crap, couldn't be used (like white) or look too similar to existing ones.

I agree that they should all be redone. If everyone wants them redone and staff approves of it, then maybe one of the SOTWs can be devoted to creating a new look for the tags?

Edited by ßlack ƒlame, 29 July 2007 - 06:15 PM.

#35 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jul 29 2007, 09:36 PM) View Post
There's many topics in gfx area where people have redone, I think it just needs to be decided that it will be done and by who.

There can be attempts at each tag by many different people.
You give a color and we give a tag. happy.gif

#36 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

you know.. this should turn into the next sig of the week copetition. Tetiel would need to give us the colour list and we could make the tags!! that would pwn tongue.gif also maybe we should come up with some new colous combinations for the tags.. so we dont run out so fast

#37 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jul 30 2007, 01:27 AM) View Post
And as for neopets tag. The reason it was created is to ensure that that section is kept up to date and actually useful, becuase before then, noone took any responsibility for the area and it was pretty damn terible. While it could have been done without a rank created, and just had some people given mod powers and left to handle it, I think that a tag is a way of showing responsibility and is a way of making sure people know who to turn to when there's a problem, and so on. Don't say it's a useless tag. It simply is not.

Exactly why I said it was useless when a huge majority of the site doesn't play a kid game anymore and more intrested in other things. Sure, some of the newer users play it, but be honest, most of them come for the programs, not the topic on how to get avatars. Thats why neopets leader is useless.

#38 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Jul 30 2007, 05:32 AM) View Post
I think it would be better to have, say... all staff one colour (GREEN PLEASE), all gfx one colour (instead of having one aqua, one lavender, and blue which is shared by private and admin ranks), and all programming ranks the same, then others might have to cross over since there less ranks within a team (like contest team and contest leader and so on).

I strongly think these need re-doing to keep things consistent and look nicer in general.

YOU AREN'T HAVING OUR GREEN!! mad.gif

All of the programming colours are already consistent so there's no need to touch them.

Edited by Laser Wave, 30 July 2007 - 05:02 AM.

#39 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

I use Jr Programmer, so no. tongue.gif

#40 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Jul 30 2007, 06:45 AM) View Post
Exactly why I said it was useless when a huge majority of the site doesn't play a kid game anymore and more intrested in other things. Sure, some of the newer users play it, but be honest, most of them come for the programs, not the topic on how to get avatars. Thats why neopets leader is useless.

Noit doesn't seem to think so. ninja.gif

I think the section should still be maintained and emphasis placed on it, but we should also explore other avenues as well. wink.gif

#41 Chris

Chris
  • 2235 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Jul 29 2007, 01:33 PM) View Post
It's another useless tag neocodex seems to be giving out now, like neopets leader and so on..

lmao

#42 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Jul 30 2007, 08:45 AM) View Post

without those sections the site would die a lot sooner than it eventually will. these new members such as rikku, mastachew, hazard2others, etc that originally come around for the programs then stay for whatever reason (be it the community, or just trying to get more programs at priv rank) are the ones that are keeping the site alive. a good portion of the older members are either very inactive, or just don't come at all anymore. that number is going to just increasing, so to keep the balance there needs to be a flow of new members.

i dont play neopets either, i run some programs and usually get iced usually just to help out the contest team. so with that, i do see importance in a well maintained neopets section.

#43 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:34 AM

So basically we use it as bribery for new members. Seems to me if people can't come to the forums on their own without being a sponge, and can't stay without programs, they dont deserve to be here.

#44 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Aug 3 2007, 08:34 AM) View Post
So basically we use it as bribery for new members. Seems to me if people can't come to the forums on their own without being a sponge, and can't stay without programs, they dont deserve to be here.

Yeah it seems to be that way.
Probably 2% of people that join this site go on to be active members at the site though, and their reason for joining this forum is probably the Neopets section. No members pretty much if no neopets section.

I would lol if it was just all the private members that are thirty years old that just hang around here haha. Hydro wouldn't even pay for the hosting anymore haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users