Bodybuilding

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:52 PM

Who here does BBing? I'm just wondering, cause I'm getting lonely here. lol.

#2 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:11 PM

Athean, you're not the only one man.. this is my second year taking fitness now... we're almost required to if we play any sports for the school here.. so no i don't do it on my own time... but every day for an hour is more then enough for me tongue.gif

W00T!! 1337th post tongue.gif

Edited by Rikku, 30 July 2007 - 11:12 PM.

#3 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

I box for about 3 hours a day. It's not body building but it gets you in great shape. You do about 700 push-ups a day. And with all of the workouts you do I got 6-pack in 4 days. Also, you learn how to kick peoples butt tongue.gif

Edited by bigjoe1, 31 July 2007 - 09:40 AM.

#4 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 05:06 PM) View Post
I bow for about 3 hours a day. It's not body building but it gets you in great shape. You do about 700 push-ups a day. And with all of the workouts you do I got 6-pack in 4 days. Also, you learn how to kick peoples butt tongue.gif

I lift 5 times a week Athean. I'm a fitness instructor so it's part of my job thumbsup.gif

I'm not really into body building. I just aim for an athletic build as I play a lot football (soccer) and tennis. Oh and Joe...it's physically impossible to get a 6 pack in four days. Everyone has a 6 pack (actually 8)....it just does not show on a lot of people due to them a layer of fat over it.

#5 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

I lift 5 times a week Athean. I'm a fitness instructor so it's part of my job thumbsup.gif

I'm not really into body building. I just aim for an athletic build as I play a lot football (soccer) and tennis. Oh and Joe...it's physically impossible to get a 6 pack in four days. Everyone has a 6 pack (actually 8)....it just does not show on a lot of people due to them a layer of fat over it.

Oh you know what I mean.. lol. Of course not in 4 days.. it was sort of a metaphor. It was meant to be meaning that I just got it faster then usual. You know where I am getting at right?

#6 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 05:33 PM) View Post
Oh you know what I mean.. lol. Of course not in 4 days.. it was sort of a metaphor. It was meant to be meaning that I just got it faster then usual. You know where I am getting at right?

hehe not really blink.gif . There is a distinct difference between a natural six pack....which you have because you are really skinny....and a 6 pack that you have built using resistance exercises.

What's Bow anyway Joe? Is it an exercise routine?

#7 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

hehe not really blink.gif . There is a distinct difference between a natural six pack....which you have because you are really skinny....and a 6 pack that you have built using resistance exercises.

What's Bow anyway Joe? Is it an exercise routine?

Oops! Wow, MEGA TYPO! I meant to say Box lol, going to edit it now. Sorry lol. I have to pay more attention. O.o Oh and I think that's amazing that you are a fitness instructor Oaken. You must be in terrific shape.

#8 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 05:40 PM) View Post
Oops! Wow, MEGA TYPO! I meant to say Box lol, going to edit it now. Sorry lol. I have to pay more attention. O.o Oh and I think that's amazing that you are a fitness instructor Oaken. You must be in terrific shape.

Not as good a shape as I would like to be xD. My problem is a train a lot but I eat rubbish. Ahhh box... tongue.gif I should have figured that one out. I teach Boxercise in my Gym....stick with the Boxing Joe tis really good exercise thumbsup.gif . How old are you Joe?

#9 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:46 AM

Not as good a shape as I would like to be xD. My problem is a train a lot but I eat rubbish. Ahhh box... tongue.gif I should have figured that one out. I teach Boxercise in my Gym....stick with the Boxing Joe tis really good exercise thumbsup.gif . How old are you Joe?

Hehe, I would rather not answer that question.. sorry. Would you mind if I PM it to you? Oh and what do you mean by eating rubbish? DO you mean like eat very little but train alot? Oh and where do you live and what Gym? I might come some time.

#10 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

I do no exercise happy.gif And I am a slim bugger. Although I do have issues with my own body weight sad.gif

13 stone (182 pounds) does not sound very healthy to me, but due to my height it is (6'4"). I need to go to the gym, but I get nervous, lulz.

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 10:46 AM) View Post
Hehe, I would rather not answer that question.. sorry. Would you mind if I PM it to you? Oh and what do you mean by eating rubbish? DO you mean like eat very little but train alot? Oh and where do you live and what Gym? I might come some time.

Rubbish = SHIT. Junk food. whatever.
He lives in England.

#12 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 05:46 PM) View Post

Sure you can pm me tongue.gif

I am partial to the odd bit of chocolate, fish and chips lol that kind of thing. If I didn't train as much as I do then I would probably be a podge. Plus I eat shit loads of chicked and tuna so that helps me counteract the other things I eat that aren't so good. It's all about the Protein baby thumbsup.gif

oh yeah....I live in england so if you have the cash for a plane ticket then feel free to come by the gym!

Edited by Oaken, 31 July 2007 - 09:54 AM.

#13 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

Fish and Chips! Thats England for you happy.gif

#14 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

Sure you can pm me tongue.gif

I am partial to the odd bit of chocolate, fish and chips lol that kind of thing. If I didn't train as much as I do then I would probably be a podge. Plus I eat shit loads of chicked and tuna so that helps me counteract the other things I eat that aren't so good. It's all about the Protein baby thumbsup.gif

Lol, ok will PM in a sec, CHICKEN IS THE BEST FTW!!!! Well even though you eat junk food it all evens out with your training so it's all good. I hate eating tuna though EWW.

#15 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

Oh no, tuna is great. But I do prefer my chicken. But I still eat way too much of the junk food, it doesn't help when they sell chocolate at the retail place you work at.

#16 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

Oh no, tuna is great. But I do prefer my chicken. But I still eat way too much of the junk food, it doesn't help when they sell chocolate at the retail place you work at.

Lol, I'm still a kid so it doesn't matter if I eat junk or not. Doesn't affect my health that much because I play basketball everyday at the park with friends and box for 3 hours xD.

#17 Stone

Stone
  • 372 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

Here man smile.gif Glad to see another fellow BB'er.

But, at the moment due to an injury, i cant do jack shit, (stress fractured spine).

However, there's nothing i like more than talking about Sports Nutrition smile.gif

#18 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:05 AM

Wish I was a kid sad.gif Wait, still am! I bought Pokemon Diamond the other day *beams*

#19 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(Stone @ Jul 31 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post
Here man smile.gif Glad to see another fellow BB'er.

But, at the moment due to an injury, i cant do jack shit, (stress fractured spine).

However, there's nothing i like more than talking about Sports Nutrition smile.gif

Ouch! How long is that going to keep you out for?

#20 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(Rambo @ Jul 31 2007, 05:55 PM) View Post
Fish and Chips! Thats England for you happy.gif

Fish and chips isn't actually that bad for you compared with a lot of other 'fast foods'. Apparently fish and chips usually contains around 7% fat compared with 40%+ for pizza, Indian etc. thumbsup.gif

#21 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Jul 31 2007, 06:09 PM) View Post
Fish and chips isn't actually that bad for you compared with a lot of other 'fast foods'. Apparently fish and chips usually contains around 7% fat compared with 40%+ for pizza, Indian etc. thumbsup.gif

I read that recently as well but I always think to myself that every place will cook it differently and it will have different ingredients in the batter etc...so I always view it as being bad for me...even though fish is good.

#22 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

it's funny how all of us who grew up wtih pokemon are now like 16+ and ares tilll wanting to go out and buy the new versions...

back on topic... i heaven't donea nything in the last month .... cause i'm out of school... but i'll start up again realy soon.. i bet i'll be mega sore for about the first week or so.. sad.gif

#23 Stone

Stone
  • 372 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(Rikku @ Jul 31 2007, 10:13 AM) View Post
it's funny how all of us who grew up wtih pokemon are now like 16+ and ares tilll wanting to go out and buy the new versions...

back on topic... i heaven't donea nything in the last month .... cause i'm out of school... but i'll start up again realy soon.. i bet i'll be mega sore for about the first week or so.. sad.gif

Ooh, first week back is always the worst and best. Bittersweet soreness. Wrestling season is when i feel it the most.

Stress fracture has kept me out for over 6-7 months now 1we8.gif Gonna be hell going back to football season so weak, but i know "What to do" to get back.

#24 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:22 AM

The way I see it is if you hurt the next day then you know you worked hard enough. I always aim to hurt the next day....I suppose I kind of like it blink.gif

Does anyone have a specific program they follow?

#25 Hater_Boxden

Hater_Boxden
  • 1156 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

I have been body building for 2.5 years now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users