Photo

Bodybuilding

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

I have been body building for 2.5 years now.

How much can you bench? You should be in like the 300's or 200's am I right?

#27 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

When I have time I lift =P

Used to BodyBuild like crazy during football, but just don't have the dedication to it anymore =/

#28 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 11:59 PM) View Post
How much can you bench? You should be in like the 300's or 200's am I right?

lol that's a pretty speculative guess Joe. There is no way of telling how big or small Green Meanies is from that post. A lot of people get weight training and body building confused...there is a big difference.

#29 Skimmy

Skimmy
  • 2683 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

At my school where i play football we work out everyday!!(weeekdays) I even have a weightlifting class thats year long!! lol..

#30 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:10 PM

lol that's a pretty speculative guess Joe. There is no way of telling how big or small Green Meanies is from that post. A lot of people get weight training and body building confused...there is a big difference.

That is a very smart proposal Oaken. Green Meanies about how tall are you and... once again.. how much do you bench? And same for you Oaken, how much do you bench? You don't weight train though, am I correct?

#31 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Aug 1 2007, 12:10 AM) View Post
That is a very smart proposal Oaken. Green Meanies about how tall are you and... once again.. how much do you bench? And same for you Oaken, how much do you bench? You don't weight train though, am I correct?

I do weight train....not body building though. I mainly use resistance machines so that I can isolate muscles so I have no idea what I can bench to be honest. I can max out the chest press which is 125 kg's...not sure what that is in pounds.

#32 Hater_Boxden

Hater_Boxden
  • 1156 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

Its in the low 200s. I always lose mass and strength during the end of the year when important tests come around and i stop going to the gym but usually gain it back fairly fast due to muscle memory but it also makes me progress a bit slower than others working out for the same amount of time.

Edit: I'm 5'7'' 17 years old.

#33 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:27 PM

Its in the low 200s. I always lose mass and strength during the end of the year when important tests come around and i stop going to the gym but usually gain it back fairly fast due to muscle memory but it also makes me progress a bit slower than others working out for the same amount of time.

That's great for 17. I can only do 165 but you don't know my age. If you did know my age you would say that's amazing xD.
I do weight train....not body building though. I mainly use resistance machines so that I can isolate muscles so I have no idea what I can bench to be honest. I can max out the chest press which is 125 kg's...not sure what that is in pounds.

You should try to find out how much you bench sometime. Maybe just do a couple curls to get warmed up then just bench press.

#34 Skimmy

Skimmy
  • 2683 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Green Meanies @ Jul 31 2007, 05:04 PM) View Post

So if you bench in the low 200's and your 17, do you thing me benching 225 as a 15 year old is good???

#35 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:33 PM

So if you bench in the low 200's and your 17, do you thing me benching 225 as a 15 year old is good???

I don't believe that you can bench 225 at 15 years old. If so ( no offense by this next comment) you probably have alot of fat. Usually the more "bigger" people as I put it can lift way more. Who knows, it can be possible. How much do you weigh?

#36 hellboy4863

hellboy4863
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:36 PM

I work out a lot at home and at a gym, but bodybuilding is not for me, lol

#37 Skimmy

Skimmy
  • 2683 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 05:33 PM) View Post
I don't believe that you can bench 225 at 15 years old. If so ( no offense by this next comment) you probably have alot of fat. Usually the more "bigger" people as I put it can lift way more. Who knows, it can be possible. How much do you weigh?

Well believe it or not i do.. lol.. i know its hard to believe but i do. I weigh 143ish. but i also weightlift everyday, sometimes twice.

Edited by skimminty21, 31 July 2007 - 05:45 PM.

#38 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

Well believe it or not i do.. lol.. i know its hard to believe but i do. I weigh 143ish. but i also work out everyday, sometimes twice.

Hmm, that is pretty good then I guess. My brother is 16 and has been boxing for 6 years at 5 hours each day of the week and his muscles are the size of my head.. and I don't even think he can do over 250. What exercise do you do... I mean he can only do it because he works out his whole life.

#39 Skimmy

Skimmy
  • 2683 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 05:45 PM) View Post
Hmm, that is pretty good then I guess. My brother is 16 and has been boxing for 6 years at 5 hours each day of the week and his muscles are the size of my head.. and I don't even think he can do over 250. What exercise do you do... I mean he can only do it because he works out his whole life.

Danggg!! Well on upper body days my workout consist of regular bench,incline or decline bench,overhead(military press),close grip bench,push ups, and dips. And i think that is it!! lol.. its a lot!!

#40 Magma

Magma
  • 792 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

I body build I suppose.. not for anything other than school sports though.
I run and lift weights at least 3 times a week and do agility exercises in order to increase my speed and agility.

I weigh about 180lbs, am around 5'9", and can bench 230lbs and squat 320lbs. I think that is pretty good, since I have been taking most of my summer off from lifting weights or doing any kind of activity lol.

#41 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:53 PM

I run and lift weights at least 3 times a week and do agility exercises in order to increase my speed and agility.

I weigh about 180lbs, am around 5'9", and can bench 230lbs and squat 320lbs. I think that is pretty good, since I have been taking most of my summer off from lifting weights or doing any kind of activity lol.

How old are you magma? And squatting 320 Ibs is amazing! What did you work on to get that high? I am also in need of some agility exercises, which do you suggest?

#42 Skimmy

Skimmy
  • 2683 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(Magma @ Jul 31 2007, 05:51 PM) View Post

Dangg!!! Squatting 320!! lol.. Would that be front squat or back squat?? What do you run your 40 in??

#43 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

I've been so lazy. I think I haven't worked out for over a month. Lost a lot of mass, and gained some fat. Diet went to shit.
I'll start again next week wacko.gif

Edited by Alex, 31 July 2007 - 05:59 PM.

#44 Big Joe

Big Joe
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:07 PM

Some of my good friends are overweight.. I was jsut wondering if there is any special diet pills that actually WORK and if there is any special thing they should do. One of my best friends is 300 Ibs and only 13 years of age. Please help anybody?

500'th post! YES! Would just like to give a shout out to all of my good friends on NeoCodex!

#45 Skimmy

Skimmy
  • 2683 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 06:07 PM) View Post
Some of my good friends are overweight.. I was jsut wondering if there is any special diet pills that actually WORK and if there is any special thing they should do. One of my best friends is 300 Ibs and only 13 years of age. Please help anybody?

500'th post! YES! Would just like to give a shout out to all of my good friends on NeoCodex!

Im not really sure on any diet pills BUT the south beach diet thing works great!!(at least for my dad) He lost a tremindous amount of weight really quick!!(at a safe rate though)

#46 Magma

Magma
  • 792 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 08:53 PM) View Post
How old are you magma? And squatting 320 Ibs is amazing! What did you work on to get that high? I am also in need of some agility exercises, which do you suggest?

Well I play football, which is very physically demanding and my thighs have always been the size of two to three of my arms. Just use machines that have anything to do with your legs. I don't know what the exercises are called, or the machines for that matter, but just keep at it.. Ive been weightlifting since 8th grade, which was three years ago, so my muscles have had time to adjust and grow with my body, making it much easier for me to lift that much. Oh btw, im 16 years old.

QUOTE(skimminty21 @ Jul 31 2007, 08:56 PM) View Post
Dangg!!! Squatting 320!! lol.. Would that be front squat or back squat?? What do you run your 40 in??

Well its when you put the bar on the back of your neck, so I'm guessing it was back squat lol. I run my 40 very slowly, as my legs are more for propelling my huge body into opponents (as I said, I play football and I am a linebacker and fullback.. the stronger your legs are the better.. in football, your legs are your base. w/o good strong legs, you are a sitting duck on the football field.) The last time I check, I ran my 40 in around 5.0sec, which is alright but it should be much, much better. I still have two years of high school left, which leaves room for a lot of improvement. I hope to be running around a 4.5 by my senior year.
I don't plan on making football or weightlifting into a career though.. It would be nice to get a scholarship for college football though, so my 'rents don't need to pay so much for my education.
Btw, I play American Football smile.gif

As for dieting, its simply balancing what you eat with how much you exercise. I am almost overweight at 5'9" and 180lbs., according to medical standards but that is mostly muscle. Eat better and exercise more and the weight will come off slowly but surely.. it takes drive and determination.

Edited by Magma, 31 July 2007 - 06:20 PM.

#47 Skimmy

Skimmy
  • 2683 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(Magma @ Jul 31 2007, 06:15 PM) View Post
Well I play football, which is very physically demanding and my thighs have always been the size of two to three of my arms. Just use machines that have anything to do with your legs. I don't know what the exercises are called, or the machines for that matter, but just keep at it.. Ive been weightlifting since 8th grade, which was three years ago, so my muscles have had time to adjust and grow with my body, making it much easier for me to lift that much. Oh btw, im 16 years old.

Well its when you put the bar on the back of your neck, so I'm guessing it was back squat lol. I run my 40 very slowly, as my legs are more for propelling my huge body into opponents (as I said, I play football and I am a linebacker and fullback.. the stronger your legs are the better.. in football, your legs are your base. w/o good strong legs, you are a sitting duck on the football field.) The last time I check, I ran my 40 in around 5.0sec, which is alright but it should be much, much better. I still have two years of high school left, which leaves room for a lot of improvement. I hope to be running around a 4.5 by my senior year.
I don't plan on making football or weightlifting into a career though.. It would be nice to get a scholarship for college football though, so my 'rents don't need to pay so much for my education.
Btw, I play American Football smile.gif

Wow!!! I just finished my freshman year and i run a 4.6 fourty. and your completely right, having strong legs is very important in football!!

#48 wordballoon

wordballoon
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

Not me. And I'm skinny as hell.

#49 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 09:07 PM) View Post

To me, diet pills are just for lazy people that want the easy way out. There are some diet pills out there that supplement weight loss, but without sufficient diet and exercise you'll never lose weight.

Start eating less junk food and more healthy -- I'd suggest cutting all sodas/energy drinks out and substituting with water. It's amazing how much weight you lose just by drinking more water and less sugary crap. tongue.gif

Oh, and tell your friend to get a membership to the gym. Seeing good bodies is definitely motivation... get him to do some cardio and light weight lifting.

I wouldn't consider myself a body builder, but I do go to the gym a few times a week to stay in shape and for football.

#50 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Jul 31 2007, 10:31 AM) View Post
I lift 5 times a week Athean. I'm a fitness instructor so it's part of my job thumbsup.gif

I'm not really into body building. I just aim for an athletic build as I play a lot football (soccer) and tennis. Oh and Joe...it's physically impossible to get a 6 pack in four days. Everyone has a 6 pack (actually 8)....it just does not show on a lot of people due to them a layer of fat over it.

Yeah, I lift as well. I used to do seven days, but I read up on Dorian Yates/Jay Cutler and their strategies, so my schedule is now four days of rigorous excersize followed by two recovery days to keep from overtraining.

QUOTE(Rambo @ Jul 31 2007, 10:49 AM) View Post
I do no exercise happy.gif And I am a slim bugger. Although I do have issues with my own body weight sad.gif

13 stone (182 pounds) does not sound very healthy to me, but due to my height it is (6'4"). I need to go to the gym, but I get nervous, lulz.

You aren't that bad. 185 or so is where most people your height are at. I'm 6'3" myself, and it's kind of a pain to be as tall as I am.

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Jul 31 2007, 11:09 AM) View Post
Fish and chips isn't actually that bad for you compared with a lot of other 'fast foods'. Apparently fish and chips usually contains around 7% fat compared with 40%+ for pizza, Indian etc. thumbsup.gif

It's not too bad, depending on how they cooked it. I prefer potatoes to chips, though, so I just eat a baked potato.

QUOTE(Bryan @ Jul 31 2007, 04:59 PM) View Post
When I have time I lift =P

Used to BodyBuild like crazy during football, but just don't have the dedication to it anymore =/

A lot of people, a lot more anyways, get really into it in their teens. I'm a bit late though. I lost a lot of weight from 8th to 9th grade, but only now have I really gotten into excersizing.

QUOTE(Green Meanies @ Jul 31 2007, 06:04 PM) View Post

Same man! I had to diet recently, and my bench went from edging towards 300, all the way down to 230. I don't really like bench as an excersize, but I do like to do it for ego.

QUOTE(skimminty21 @ Jul 31 2007, 06:31 PM) View Post

Yeah, that's pretty good for a fifteen year old.

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 06:33 PM) View Post

Yeah, it's well possible, bodyfat or no. Theres a kid whos 180 who can bench 375 pounds. It's genetic. For some reason, some people tend to be really good at the benchpress, but might not do as well on squat or deadlift.

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 07:07 PM) View Post

This really depends. Do they want health factored in, or not? While many people reccomend the ECA stack, if you want to lose weight quickly and effectively, I reccomend you use clenbuterol.

QUOTE(Ender @ Jul 31 2007, 08:52 PM) View Post
To me, diet pills are just for lazy people that want the easy way out. There are some diet pills out there that supplement weight loss, but without sufficient diet and exercise you'll never lose weight.

Start eating less junk food and more healthy -- I'd suggest cutting all sodas/energy drinks out and substituting with water. It's amazing how much weight you lose just by drinking more water and less sugary crap. tongue.gif

Oh, and tell your friend to get a membership to the gym. Seeing good bodies is definitely motivation... get him to do some cardio and light weight lifting.

I wouldn't consider myself a body builder, but I do go to the gym a few times a week to stay in shape and for football.

Diet pills are supplements, just that. If you're overweight and it took you years to get to that state, it's going to take you at least a few monthys to trim down. Dieting is key, paticularly removing a lot of the carbohydrates from your diet, if you want to lose fat effectively.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users