Quantcast

Photo

Bodybuilding

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(bigjoe1 @ Jul 31 2007, 08:07 PM) View Post
Some of my good friends are overweight.. I was jsut wondering if there is any special diet pills that actually WORK and if there is any special thing they should do. One of my best friends is 300 Ibs and only 13 years of age. Please help anybody?

500'th post! YES! Would just like to give a shout out to all of my good friends on NeoCodex!

300lbs?
13?
DAMN!
I'm 13, I weigh 160. But I'm 5' 7 [1/2]
but most of it is fat.
xD

QUOTE(Ender @ Jul 31 2007, 09:52 PM) View Post
To me, diet pills are just for lazy people that want the easy way out. There are some diet pills out there that supplement weight loss, but without sufficient diet and exercise you'll never lose weight.

Start eating less junk food and more healthy -- I'd suggest cutting all sodas/energy drinks out and substituting with water. It's amazing how much weight you lose just by drinking more water and less sugary crap. tongue.gif

Oh, and tell your friend to get a membership to the gym. Seeing good bodies is definitely motivation... get him to do some cardio and light weight lifting.

I wouldn't consider myself a body builder, but I do go to the gym a few times a week to stay in shape and for football.

Yessir.
Cut Sodas.

#52 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

I do some low key weightlifting. I have almost no upper body strength these days, but thanks to hockey and running, I've maintained core and leg fitness.

#53 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE(Eric @ Aug 1 2007, 12:29 AM) View Post
300lbs?
13?
DAMN!
I'm 13, I weigh 160. But I'm 5' 7 [1/2]
but most of it is fat.
xD

He lies! hes as short as me!

im 5'0". Or can i say im 5'1" with people believing me? Becuase im pretty sure i did for a long time. But then again i havent measured myself for a long time so i might just be five one. -MAYBE EVEN TWO!? (yes thats pushing it. sad.gif )
oh and im about 100lbs.

Anyways i used to always do a lot of excercise when going to school! Waiting and going to the bus and after getting off i usually run to school (/alwayslateloseranno) and then comming home i always cram in standing on the smelly city bus.
Does that count? id count it. Plus then theres gym class. He used to force us to run a lot. And dont even get me started on dodge ball. sad.gif

#54 Jackus

Jackus
  • 704 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:55 AM

whoa.. im amature compared to you guys!
i do my push ups ad sit ups and about 200 reps on 4.5kg dumbells before i get a shower at night.
Im not in bad shape.
Some of you must be built like brick s***houses lol.

I suppose it all to do with your diet too.
I eat pretty healthy smile.gif

Edited by -GaMeZ-, 03 August 2007 - 04:55 AM.

#55 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

not so much bodybuilding, but certainly working out. bodybuilders tend to be overly slow and sluggish, most severely lacking in endurance. which is exactly what i don't want, for the fighting styles that i do. agility is key and when you weigh 240 pounds in muscle you're bound to be lacking in that field.

so personally i'm aiming for a bruce lee-type physique with very little body fat

#56 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(nox @ Aug 4 2007, 12:35 AM) View Post
not so much bodybuilding, but certainly working out. bodybuilders tend to be overly slow and sluggish, most severely lacking in endurance. which is exactly what i don't want, for the fighting styles that i do. agility is key and when you weigh 240 pounds in muscle you're bound to be lacking in that field.

so personally i'm aiming for a bruce lee-type physique with very little body fat

Bruce Lee's physique was amazing but they reckon it was is low body fat percentage that killed him. So maybe aim a little higher than his tongue.gif. Anything less than 10% but above 5% is supposed to ideal for an athletic looking body.

It is generally less than 10% to get your Abdominals to show through.

#57 Stone

Stone
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

Anybody here somewhat/well knowledgable when it comes to nutrition? If so, drop me a line or post, smile.gif always interesting comparing plans.

It seems most of you lift weight, frequently and have some good mass, but does anybody truly Bodybuild? Not necessarily competition type, just in general, (lifting aided by bulk/cut cycles)

#58 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Aug 3 2007, 07:43 PM) View Post
Bruce Lee's physique was amazing but they reckon it was is low body fat percentage that killed him. So maybe aim a little higher than his tongue.gif. Anything less than 10% but above 5% is supposed to ideal for an athletic looking body.

It is generally less than 10% to get your Abdominals to show through.

he died from a reaction to an asprin, nothing to do with his physique.

#59 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(nox @ Aug 4 2007, 06:04 AM) View Post
he died from a reaction to an asprin, nothing to do with his physique.

Actually his low body fat and Marijuana that Steve Mcqueen introduced him meant that his immune system was very low and thus his body was unable to fight the reaction in any way.

Edited by Oaken, 03 August 2007 - 11:30 PM.

#60 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Aug 4 2007, 03:12 AM) View Post
Actually his low body fat and Marijuana that Steve Mcqueen introduced him meant that his immune system was very low and thus his body was unable to fight the reaction in any way.

it has been proven many a times that the cannabis he consumed earlier that day had nothing to do with his death.

#61 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:07 AM

Marijuana lowers the immune system as well so taking it that day would not have done anything.....but over time it just multiplied the affect already created by his low body fat percentage. I didn't say it had anything directly to do with his death and neither does any article you may read on it. It's the overall consumption of the drug not just on that particular day.

There are all sorts of stories about how he died. I find this one the most believable, but there are some strange one's out there.

Anyways....back on topic tongue.gif

What regime do you follow to hopefully get a build like the one above?

#62 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:28 AM

rigorous masturbation

#63 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE(nox @ Aug 4 2007, 10:28 AM) View Post
rigorous masturbation

How many reps?

#64 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Aug 4 2007, 04:40 AM) View Post
How many reps?

3 sets of 10 blink.gif

#65 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:01 PM

To revive a thread:

Bruce Lee wasn't affected by marijuana or low body fat, unless he was at like 3%. I don't think it was aspirin he was allergic to, just a formula in the pill he took.

#66 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

im 18, 5ft`9 and 9.5 stone, that cant be healthy?

Edited by interhacker, 11 September 2007 - 05:14 PM.

#67 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(interhacker @ Sep 11 2007, 07:55 PM) View Post
im 18, 5ft`9 and 9.5 stone, that cant be healthy?

it really depends on how your body frame is, some people are just naturally very thin.

#68 Hater_Boxden

Hater_Boxden
  • 1156 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:00 PM

Doctors already confirmed that it had nothing to do with his death. His body had a bad reaction to the drug he took for his headache which combined aspirin with another drug. This certain medicine was banned from the U.S when it was found that this aspirin/other drug combo has negative side affects therefore Lee was able to get a hold of it in Hong Kong and kept taking it.

#69 Rush

Rush
  • 1812 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:03 PM

I'm 15, 5'10" (i think) but I'm skinny enough to see my abs. I do some pushups if I'm bored. I think I weigh about 65kilos.

#70 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(Green Meanies @ Sep 15 2007, 10:00 PM) View Post
Doctors already confirmed that it had nothing to do with his death. His body had a bad reaction to the drug he took for his headache which combined aspirin with another drug. This certain medicine was banned from the U.S when it was found that this aspirin/other drug combo has negative side affects therefore Lee was able to get a hold of it in Hong Kong and kept taking it.

It's not so much that Lee was getting it intentionally from Hong Kong. A friend gave him the medicine, he had no clue what it would do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users