Photo

request for Totally newbies guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 arthritis

arthritis
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:37 AM

where can i find a totally newbie's guide to BD ?

like what the icons mean, what weapons ,faerie skills i should get, etc.

thanks!

#2 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

Working on now, give me a bit

Ok, there's a lotttttttttttt of things to cover in the battledome but you only need a small amount of that to figure out what to do. I will expand on this when I get some time but I just got a job so my schedule is screwed up so I'm permatired and I work on most weekdays so lifes hectic atm. Anyways

Icons: There are 6 types of icons. Physical, Earth, Water, Dark, Fire, Light.
Icons become damage but before they do so they have a chance to be blocked and the remaining damage is multiplied based on what strenght boost your pet has and what stance you're taking (Fierce attack makes you take 140% damage and give out 140%, Jump and attack = 30, ect.)
So lets say you attack me with your Scarab ring (which is a great low budget item. Ignore the defensive icons for the second). You do 6 icons worth of damage. 2 water, 2 dark and 2 physical. Lets say I defend with leaf shield which blocks 5 earth 5 water and 5 physical. You have 13 strenght meaning you do 1x your damage and I have 13 defence meaning I block 1x damage (like if my shield blocks 3 earth its 3 earth x 1. If my defence was 55 I'd block 6 earth). My shield will block 2 of your water and 2 of your physical icons but your 2 dark icons will go through hitting me for 2 which is multiplied by your boost which comes out to 2. Different icons have different values because some are harder to block then others. I listed them from easiest to block to hardest to block (I think, stuff may of changed since I played. It pretty much goes physical earth and water are easy to block while dark fire and light aren't)

Weapons: What you want in terms of equipment extremely varies based on your budget and stats. Since you were vague all I can do is tell you to check the suggest equipment page and look at them by price ranged. Just remember you want something around this:
Weapon 1
Weapon 2
Freezer
Shield
Healer
Nuke/Bomb (1 time per battle or if you use a snowball just 1 time. Does alot of icons and normally used after you freeze your opponent)
Extra
Extra

Example (low budgetish)
Scarab Ring (does your standard 6 icons plus has defense)
Scarab Ring
Scroll Of Freezing (Freezes 100% of the time, once per battle. Has a chance to break generally lasts around 5 battles. Don't use until you can afford a black frost cannon)
Leaf Shield (blocks a nice chunk of icons)
Blue Scorchystone (heals 30 hp once per battle)
Illusens Earth Potion (does 6.3 to 9 icons once per battle)
Downsize! (reduces all damage for 1 turn by 50%, 1 time per battle)
Mud Mixture (does 5 earth and heals you 1-5 hp once per battle)

Faerie abilities are easy to know which to get just check out Idb's page. You want to go for burrow (earth) and sink (dark right away. Then you can go diamond dust and fiery gaze

Any other questions?

Edited by Mr. Hobo, 12 August 2007 - 08:24 AM.

#3 arthritis

arthritis
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:10 AM

hmm, quite nice.
but how do i know what is weapon 1, 2, freezing etc?

#4 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:16 AM

Weapons 1 and 2 are your main damage do-ers though sometimes people sacrifice some icons so the weapon also defends (some people get 3 weapons so they can vary their icons and try to get around what shields the other person has)
Your freezer is any item that can freeze (You are limited to 1)
Your shield is an item that is purely defensive (leaf shield, ghostkershield)
Your healer is an item that heals you (limited to 1 but you can equip some other items that heal you like mud mixture)
Your bomb does the most damage out of all your items but you can only use it once per fight (limited to 1)

#5 Sasha

Sasha
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

I usually battle blindly (but I don't take 2-player challenges). As in, I look at the opponents' stats and if they're a bit lower than my pet's I start the fight. I use Scarab Ring, Obsidian Dagger and Leaf Shield at the moment. I do realize that knowing everything about icons and the damage a certain weapon can do helps when fighting someone possibly stronger, but all that planning and calculating requires a lot of time.

#6 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

Scarab Ring (does your standard 6 icons plus has defense)
Scarab Ring
Scroll Of Freezing (Freezes 100% of the time, once per battle. Has a chance to break generally lasts around 5 battles. Don't use until you can afford a black frost cannon)
Leaf Shield (blocks a nice chunk of icons)
Blue Scorchystone (heals 30 hp once per battle)
Illusens Earth Potion (does 6.3 to 9 icons once per battle)
Downsize! (reduces all damage for 1 turn by 50%, 1 time per battle)
Mud Mixture (does 5 earth and heals you 1-5 hp once per battle)
Faerie abilities are easy to know which to get just check out Idb's page. You want to go for burrow (earth) and sink (dark right away. Then you can go diamond dust and fiery gaze

Any other questions?

As far as the Item list here, it's a bit outdated. For one, the Leaf Shield used to be anywhere from 200NP to 1000NP. now they go for around 20K. I dont currently know an alternative

Also, the Scarab Ring is around 3K, does 6 icons of defense, and 6 icons of actual damage.

A cheaper alternative very well could be a Bone Sceptre, it does 6 icons of damage, but no defense, but at the same time, it only costs around 50-100NP.

the other things i havnt done my research on, but the list is just a bit old for this day and age of neopets.

Edited by Dudeonline, 13 August 2007 - 04:56 PM.

#7 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:07 AM

all about getting the bang for your buck, idb.finalhit.org gives listings of the best weapons for their price. the rest is training your pet as a weak pet has as much chance of surviving the battledome as a wet kleenex does in a blender.

#8 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:31 PM

if the scarab ring wasnt given out as a prize for the scratchcards it would be a UB

#9 samoon

samoon
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

thumbsup.gif thx mr hobo!! that was quite helpful!

#10 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(samoon @ Feb 9 2008, 06:39 PM) View Post
thumbsup.gif thx mr hobo!! that was quite helpful!

Samoon this topic is from August. Like I said, please try not to post in topics that are over 2 months old.
Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users