Photo

Using HijackThis!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Freidmont

Freidmont
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:17 PM

"HijackThis is a tool, that lists all installed browser add-on, buttons, startup items and allows you to inspect, and optionally remove selected items".

Basically it lists everything on your computer, so you can determine whether or not you've got a virus/spyware installed, & if so delete it.

Part 1: Generating the Log

1. Download HijackThis by clicking http://files.webatta.../HijackThis.exe, and save it somewhere you'll remember. It's best to place the backgrounds in a seperate folder, so the backups won't clutter your workspace.

2. Open HijackThis & Click the config button

3. Click the misc tools button on the top

4. Click Generate Startup log, then click ok. A text file will come up with your system details.

5. Save the text file, then upload it as an attachment on the forums for our professional analysis :(

Part 2: Deleting bad files.

1. On the main menu, click scan

2. In our response, see what objects we've told you to delete and check them, then click Fix Checked. For example, if I told you to delete BHO - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\jccatch.dll &
BHO - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll, this is what you'd do: I'mportant:  Don't actually delete jccatch and googletoolbar2.dll, I was just using them as an example!

That pretty much concludes my summary, if you have any problems or find any errors please contact me and I'll try to rectify them.

#2 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:20 AM

Post all your logs here:

http://www.neocodex....?showtopic=7265

#3 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:35 AM

Why get rid of google? Get rid of flashget :)

#4 Freidmont

Freidmont
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:54 PM

Why get rid of google? Get rid of flashget :p

View Post

Seeing as how I don't use IE, FlashGet comes in much more handy than google. Plus it's better than your download manager :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users