Photo

How do people get so many Paintbrushes?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 Aerowyn

Aerowyn
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

I go through the trading post quite often and see people with lots full of paint brushes. 10 different paint brushes in one lot, and some of these people aren't all that old in terms of account age.

So how do they do it? Do paintbrushes restock in shops sometimes? if so, which ones?

And I KNOW that a person couldn't be that lucky and get THAT many in a random event. No way.

How is this possible except for cheating?

#2 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(Aero @ Aug 21 2007, 09:48 PM) View Post
I go through the trading post quite often and see people with lots full of paint brushes. 10 different paint brushes in one lot, and some of these people aren't all that old in terms of account age.

So how do they do it? Do paintbrushes restock in shops sometimes? if so, which ones?

And I KNOW that a person couldn't be that lucky and get THAT many in a random event. No way.

How is this possible except for cheating?

Some people probably cheat, others just have new accounts and have transfered from their older account. A lot of people collect stuff like that, and then display it eventually. Most of those lots are from a lot of hard work.

#3 gfgrice

gfgrice
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

PBs don't restock. You get them through quests or random events. They most likely cheated. Or got really rich then bought pbs to make a profit. PBs don't cost that much anyways.

#4 Aerowyn

Aerowyn
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(KyleBigMac @ Aug 21 2007, 10:51 PM) View Post
Some people probably cheat, others just have new accounts and have transfered from their older account. A lot of people collect stuff like that, and then display it eventually. Most of those lots are from a lot of hard work.

Sometimes I just wonder though, you know? Even if they bought the paint brushes from hidden tower, etc, what would be the point if you don't plan on using them? I understand collecting them too, but even so, that's what item galleries are for. Not the trading post.

And even if they DO cheat, how do they? If PBs don't restock in any neopian shop, the chances of them being picked up by ABs are rare. Unless they were USAB, which is also rare.

Who knows. @___@ I just wish I could be that lucky!

#5 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

usAB I presume.
unsure.gif

#6 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(Aero @ Aug 21 2007, 09:53 PM) View Post
Sometimes I just wonder though, you know? Even if they bought the paint brushes from hidden tower, etc, what would be the point if you don't plan on using them? I understand collecting them too, but even so, that's what item galleries are for. Not the trading post.

And even if they DO cheat, how do they? If PBs don't restock in any neopian shop, the chances of them being picked up by ABs are rare. Unless they were USAB, which is also rare.

Who knows. @___@ I just wish I could be that lucky!

They cheat in other ways, which gets them the np to be able to buy the PB's from other trades, Hidden Tower, Auctions, etc.

#7 Aerowyn

Aerowyn
  • 432 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(KyleBigMac @ Aug 21 2007, 10:54 PM) View Post
They cheat in other ways, which gets them the np to be able to buy the PB's from other trades, Hidden Tower, Auctions, etc.

I just don't get what that would gain though. Seriously. If they bought the paintbrushes, and then were selling them back, that seems a little pointless, since most people don't just go OOPS! and put a Faerie PB in their shop for 1np or anything.

But again, if I were that lucky to get a PB in a random event. That would be so awesome.

#8 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Aero @ Aug 21 2007, 09:59 PM) View Post
Since most people don't just go OOPS! and put a Faerie PB in their shop for 1np or anything.

You'de be surprised...

#9 Staple

Staple
  • LC Solver

• 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:36 AM

Yeah like Kitsune said, people can get pbs ( the un-rare ones ), as gifts or can buy them

And as for the rare ones, they can usually buy them if they have enough money..

#10 Sasha

Sasha
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:59 AM

Some people invest in paintbrushes instead of keeping their np at the bank, hoping that after a long time their prices will go through the roof and they'll get filthy rich.
I don't know if it's a good plan. It's true though that prices have gone up a lot since I started playing and I'd be extremely rich if I'd thought about buying pb's back then.

#11 Jenna

Jenna
  • 2129 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

I often wonder the same thing, where and how are they gotten, I know I recently acquired a royal, and I am saving up for another. Many people join guilds who hold 1np auctions on the brush and then resell it to make a healthy profit.

#12 Akira

Akira
  • 795 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

I found 3 Christmas p/b's in 3 days, got a Starry p/b from a friend, and got another Starry p/b from Tarla. Oh, and a Ghost p/b at random. So really, it is possible...some people are really lucky. But usually, they have friends, or they transferred to a new account...or they sniped them off of the shop wizard. There's several ways to get a ton of p/b's quickly, legit or otherwise.

#13 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:25 AM

you could pick up 3 or 4 pbs for unDer 99k per day using a good fast USAB

#14 xeroXXxx

xeroXXxx
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:55 AM

i being long playing neopets..but really dun hav luck on pick up PB laying on the floor(random event)...serious i never have PB in my inventory..except the starter PB...

#15 Squishee

Squishee
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

you can also get a paintbrush from the tarla thing. I was able to get a petpet paint brush, I am sure you can get a regular paint brush....

#16 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

trust me, get a good abber and search for pbs and mps,,,, you will get loads if you run it at night

#17 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

I did some USAB once and got a lot of pbs for incredible prices =)
Also, there are other programs out there that can be a source to make money...

#18 arthritis

arthritis
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(Jenna @ Aug 22 2007, 08:11 AM) View Post
I often wonder the same thing, where and how are they gotten, I know I recently acquired a royal, and I am saving up for another. Many people join guilds who hold 1np auctions on the brush and then resell it to make a healthy profit.

i never really understood 1np auctions. how do they work?

#19 Sasha

Sasha
  • 633 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(arthritis @ Sep 12 2007, 06:00 PM) View Post
i never really understood 1np auctions. how do they work?

I've been in a guild that did those. Basically, the guild shop accepted donations and then bought good stuff with the donated np. The member running the guild account made neofriends with everyone else and, once per week, made neofriends only auctions of the good stuff, starting at 1 np. If a guild member had already bid on an item, it was considered extremely impolite for another to outbid him/her.

It was cool, but I left 'cause I felt guilty for not donating tongue.gif.

#20 simonlouis

simonlouis
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

wats a USAB? sorry i'm new to all this

#21 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:11 PM

How about no interhacker. There will be no linking to other sites here. This is a verbal warning in case you didn't understand the rules however if you advertise another site of the same genre... there will be trouble.

#22 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

i understood that you were not alowed to post links however, all i was incinuating was that people who hadnt got one could use mine untill there was one on neocodex.

i am sorry if still at this point i have broke the rules.

i had no intention to post links nor to send people to other websites ohmy.gif

#23 havocide3

havocide3
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:41 AM

I remember a while ago, I went out and bought all the glass PB's I could immediately after they retired, which was ages ago. Their price has probably increased by 5-7x what I paid for them, and I could sell, but their prices keep going up so I have about 10 of them, and I will just let them keep rising.

Also, if I ever see an item in an auction, and it's a NF only auction, I stalk the person. I find their guild or whatnot, and I chat with them and then attempt to be Neofriends... easy item.

#24 Henna83

Henna83
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

Here is another way/reason to buy paintbrushes: I recently had 3 very hard to sell petpets that really would of sat either in my store or in the trade post for ages before they would sell. So what I did is I placed a bid on a Disco paintbrush.. I offered the three hard to sell petpets plus a couple of puppyblew petpets (about 5k each) and a spooky treasure map piece (about 6k) so those two extras I threw in where easy to sell iteams then on top of that I offered 260knp (pb sells for 400k). The person accepted my offer. I then turned around and sold the pb for alot more making well over 100k on just one paintbrush. I could of tried to sell my 3 hard to sell petpets but I more than likely wouldn't of made a good profit. So instead I was able to make a quick 150k in just a few minutes. I have been with neopets for 6 years and when it comes to people offering me iteams in trade, I know not accept hard to sell iteams but people whom are new and do not know better yet will. So you can get lucky wink.gif Hope that helps smile.gif

#25 emme80

emme80
  • 700 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:25 PM

I also find that a lot of players who are not in for the nps or doesn't know the value of something. tend to get a random event or lucky sine in the desert to get a paint brush, so it's easiier for pb collectors to find sheap. espically using the shop, i've gotten a few good trans pots there (draik/krawk/cybunny too name a few) for buyable. Even got a white pb from shop wiz once. I collected paint brushes back when i first played neo. I would make a new account for gallery reasons sometimes using to TP to show off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users